• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Payback preorder exclusive tire smoke

jediyoshi

i'm not touching this game, EA fucked up the car physics in the previous games and there's no sign this game won't control like a bargain bin PS1 racing game

In that case I'm even more worried that an exclusive tire smoke color was what tipped the scale for you.

Do people just make rage threads the second they see something these days? I saw that add on twitter earlier and immediately could tell it was for a different color, not smoke in general.

The rush to post faux outrage threads is nuts

Nemesis_

It is a bit gross but if they are planning on letting you customise even the smoke that comes from your tires then there must be a fair bit of customisation in Payback?

Need For Speed Rockingham Edition

653.gif

This actually seems like a okay choice. As long as retailers exist, publishers will have to offer them something unique to promote preorders. Something silly like this is better than a retailer getting a exclusive car.

Dominator

I don't get it, why is this bad? This SHOULD be the type of content thats going to be pre-order DLC if they are going to have it anyway. Insignificant stuff like color variants are totally fine with me, as long as its not substantial content.

The tire smoke is fine, the thing next to it is not.

i-Jest

Well it's better for Need Fore Speed IP to taint it's name with this crap than Midnight Club.

Always a silver lining, aye GAF.

I like when companies do stupid shit like this. It's one less game I have to worry about pre-ordering. I'll pick it up when it hits 20ish.

marrec

Banned
This almost seems like they know it's dumb as hell and want to make a point about preorder bonuses

Cause otherwise whewwwww

Not sure what the uproar is about.

Why are we complaining about a preorder cosmetic DLC again? Would you rather them lock away an actual car or mission...? lol
I think most people are complaining just to fit in with the "DLC is baaaaaaad" crowd and the "modern gaming is trash" crowd.

Caayn

I'm against exclusive/pre-order content. However people do realize that this is merely cosmetic skin? And not actual a graphical feature being exclusive?

For a re-order bonus this seems rather unharmful. No actual content is locked behind it.

Falchion

We all laugh but it's just the car equivalent of an Overwatch emote and god knows people would pre-order for those.

Blam

We all laugh but it's just the car equivalent of an Overwatch emote and god knows people would pre-order for those.

Yeah seriously this is nothing I mean fuck destiny is pretty much doing the same shit with their Digital Deluxe Edition.

shanafan

Not seeing what the big deal is.

People want to decorate their cars with decals, paint jobs, etc and now smoke. It definitely would be a nice bonus for those that are really into it. If that's not you, it doesn't mean it's a terrible thing. It's just not for you. But for those that are really into car cosmetic changes in car, I think it's a fun detail.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I love games with cars, and will be pre-ordering out of curiosity for the game using Gamestop credit to buy. I have to say though, tire smoke DLC is some next level BS. LOL. This won't entice the gross majority of anyone who was on the fence to buy. Please.

Top Bottom