• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need For Speed Unbound revealed, coming to PS5, XSX/S and PC on December 2

Car list from the official site. Map is there too.
Thanks, looks like mostly the same car list from Heat which was mostly the same car list from NFS 2015. Really not a fan of padding out the car list with like 5 variants each of particular models... It's about time they put Tesla and some newer cars in there. Way too many expensive supercars, not enough old shitboxes you can customize to hell. I know they lost the license but a street racing game without Toyota is a like shooter without pistols. This is streetracing they're talking about, most kids don't have lambo money. Hope they kept the engine swap option from Heat.

Where does it state those screenshots and trailer arent cgi? Because it IS. There is a very small 5 second clip of the actual graphics and gameplay.

The rest is just a cinematic.

How blind are you guys?
Have you played the past few NFS? Questionable gameplay aside, they look amazing in real time gameplay, on any system. This is next gen so the jump is easy. There's gonna be no downgrade. How ignorant are you?

Markio128

Yas breadbin!
Games Winning GIF by Hollyoaks

EDMIX

It is usually but NFS: The Run was also on Frostbite and that game looked stunning at the time, it was a great game too imo. In fact i feel like playing it now lol.

Agreed.

If the team feels they can do it, more power to them.

Since the whole Mass Effect Flop, I don't see EA forcing any team to use engines they don't want to use, so I doubtful they are using this engine under duress or something lol I think this looks great and also thought NFS The Run looked great too.

If it works for them, I'm ok with it.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Frostbite is trash for everything but FPS.
All the Need for Speeds have been Frostbite since 2011.
DragonAge Inquisition was Frostbite.
FIFA, Madden and NHL have been Frostbite since 2016.

In fact there are more non-FPS Frostbite games than there are First Person Shooter Frostbite games.

Stuart360

Agreed.

If the team feels they can do it, more power to them.

Since the whole Mass Effect Flop, I don't see EA forcing any team to use engines they don't want to use, so I doubtful they are using this engine under duress or something lol I think this looks great and also thought NFS The Run looked great too.

If it works for them, I'm ok with it.
Pretty crazy to think this is 11 years old -

drotahorror

" if a player wants to complete a task or simply vibe. "

Please just put me out my misery if this is how EA's PR or developers talk. I wonder how many times we'll hear the word 'vibe' in NFS Unbound?

Anyways, artstyle is pretty sweet. I would like to see a bit more gameplay though, like 10 minutes of uninterrupted.
Definitely more hype than I was with the initial leak.

Tunned

I'm glad I had very low expectations, this has peaked my interest. The press release states that they have made a new physics system, comparable to other big franchises, so fingers crossed it feels good.
I could not give a rats ass about current pop culture, I have no clue who this Asap Rocky is and I don't care, the music is going on mute the moment I start the game. And if the special effects annoy me, I'm sure some one of PC will mod them out.
Can't wait to see more.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I can't even remember the last time a NFS game was good I went on a gamepass spree with the series and they all really sucked except one that I thought was just ok

ACESHIGH

Banned
All the Need for Speeds have been Frostbite since 2011.
DragonAge Inquisition was Frostbite.
FIFA, Madden and NHL have been Frostbite since 2016.

In fact there are more non-FPS Frostbite games than there are First Person Shooter Frostbite games.

And that's the problem. Terrible engine tailor made for Battlefield. Andromeda in particular suffered a lot for it.

I once said that cartoon style graphics combined with realistic shaded stuff doesn’t mix well, but this game actually makes it work.
Maybe because the stylized elements still maintain a form of realistic lighting or something.

Looks pretty.

Killer8

Now that i've seen it in motion, I really like the way it looks.

God bless them, they are trying with this nearly 30 year old franchise.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
And that's the problem. Terrible engine tailor made for Battlefield. Andromeda in particular suffered a lot for it.
Literally the only game that had a problem with the engine.
Every other Frostbite game runs and plays well and devs havent complained about it.

Everyone talks about Frostbite being a terrible engine but have no points to back up their claims beyond Andromeda had a troubled dev cycle.
Bioware already had experience with Frostbite making DragonAge Inquisition, people just blame the engine for Andromedas issue but that game was likely cursed from the get go.

makaveli60

Looks unique, that’s for sure.
The question is, will they surpass NfS 2015 graphically? It’s still one of the most realistic looking games IMO

Edit: not surpassing in “realistic” sense, of course thanks to the artstyle, but technically

Last edited:

Mobilemofo

Day 145 Rental for me. Reminds me of the Ridge Racer that was raytraced back in the day (not THAT raytracing). Also, asap rocky having his own mode...😄 Fuck off.

NFS: Underground sequel?

Sign me the fuck up, dawg!!!

Diggin the art style too. The cell shading especially for the smoke effects works really well. The kid's sketchbook effects, not so much; so hopefully, those are just for the trailer.

ShakenG

I always try at least 1 NFS title on each system and this doesn't look too bad. Hope this turns out to be something worth picking for that arcade itch.

Top Bottom