• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need For Speed Unbound revealed, coming to PS5, XSX/S and PC on December 2

Nice cgi bullshots/trailer
Cgi or not its not gonna look like that when playing.
Remember, this was Need For Speed 2015

7D00B768B2EB9E34DE5B289BBBB54DB80E70B1CE

7JZSyn.gif

OblongDifferentAfricanhornbill-size_restricted.gif

Games like this and Driveclub that go for the artistic 'movie film' look, sometimes end up aging way better than the more technical stuff. It's one of the reasons why I miss those late PS360 and early PS4XBO years of gaming where nearly every AAA studio going for the filmic look, so you ended up with games like The Order 1886 and Ryse.

Yes, I know that some of the effects like motion blur, chromatic abberation, and bokeh were annoying for the PC-centric crowd, but those same effects when done right helped elevate those games on console to looking like something beyond what they were capable of.

Crayon

idk if that's for me but I like what they're doing with it.

They picked great cars to represent, too. Good cars. Not that silent automagic rolling bank vault shit they pass off these days.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Not big on the style, but I'll probably end up getting at some point either way. I hope the overall gameplay is good at least.

Last edited:

7JZSyn.gif

Games like this and Driveclub that go for the artistic 'movie film' look, sometimes end up aging way better than the more technical stuff. It's one of the reasons why I miss those late PS360 and early PS4XBO years of gaming where nearly every AAA studio going for the filmic look, so you ended up with games like The Order 1886 and Ryse.

Yes, I know that some of the effects like motion blur, chromatic abberation, and bokeh were annoying for the PC-centric crowd, but those same effects when done right helped elevate those games on console to looking like something beyond what they were capable of.
its basically makeup. lol

but this game looks amazing imo

Valedix

Gold Member
So turns out from that leaked footage the wings were just special effects thankfully. Looks great honestly and colour me surprised its a game announced and releasing in 2 months.

Rambone

Was somewhat intrigued but I'm not really a fan of urban culture or the Fast and the Furious car meetup stuff, so it looks like this one might not be for me but too early to tell. I miss the old Need for Speed days before Underground. I guess at this point Forza Horizon has scratched my NFS itch for the most part all these years.

AetherZX

Cautiously optimistic. But mainly because of the rather bland driving model of previous NFS games. The car list is pretty disappointing so far as well.

Hoddi

The game itself looks good. But I really, really dislike that celebrity wank and I still haven't forgiven that Snoop Dogg abomination of Riders on the Storm.

This

Take off all the stupid effects you put in for the trailer. Fairly sure the actual game wont look anything like that.
Unfortunately I really do think these effects are here to stay during gameplay. I mean this was what was leaked almost a year ago, talking about these "anime" effects. Pretty sure its glued to the gameplay.

Pretty sure that is ASAP Rocky, but any who, game looks interesting in a good way.
Dude they announced even on their website its Asap :p

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Kei Miura for the win.

The R32 was my least favorite Skyline, but after the Kei Miura touch....:chefs kiss.

Yeah from the looks R32 isn't as attractive as R34. I think either one is a perfect amateur ring racing where you have corners everywhere and you need that 9,000-10,000rpm grip the RB26DETT provides and the ATTESA. Still think the 240z/260z looks better.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Yeah from the looks R32 isn't as attractive as R34. I think either one is a perfect amateur ring racing were you have corners everywhere and you need that 9,000-10,000rpm grip the RB26DETT provides and the ATTESA. Still think the 260z looks better.
I always root for the ugly duckling cuz of course.
R32 has a huge following because its the original Godzilla and is actually relatively easy to make into a real track monster.
The R33 is everyones least favorite GTR, too big, too heavy, underpowered.
I frikken love it.

Everyone hates the S130 Z......its also my favorite one.
An absolutely bitch to find parts for it, but Ill get mine done eventually.
To make matters worse mine is a 2+2 so its like double the ugly.
↓ Goals ↓
Toby_Thyer_Photographer_-812.jpg

The Pignose is no ones favorite S chassis.
Gotta love the pig.
Had a Chuki just cuz Pigs were harder to find in good condition, but If im ever lucky and their prices drop Ill try having another S13 Pig.
tumblr_or8vibR0PR1stwbzuo1_1280.jpg

Bo_Hazem

Banned
R32 has a huge following because its the original Godzilla and is actually relatively easy to make into a real track monster.
I frikken love it.

↓ Goals ↓

Gotta love the pig.
Had a Chuki just cuz Pigs were harder to find in good condition, but If im ever lucky and their prices drop Ill try having another S13 Pig.

I like the 260z the most as it's not too tiny like 240z nor too long like the 280z. I think with wide body kit they'll all look impressive but I think 260z is the sweet spot, but I think it's the hardest to find parts for? Not too deep into the Z myself nor owned one. I'm more of a Nissan Patrol guy, 4x4.

1997 LWB 4.2L inline-6 TB42E

P1100744.jpg

And now the 2016 SWB 4.8L inline-6 TB48DE

P1130107.jpg

For brute force this inline-6 is the biggest 6 cylinder engine, I believe. There's a guy who used it on a drag race Infiniti G35. But due to the massive cylinder bore (99.5mm) and that could go up with stroker kits up to 5.9L it lacks the high rpm for cornering, more like your typical American muscle car.:messenger_winking_tongue:

Last edited:

Valedix

Gold Member
Is this the closest a AAA game has been announced to a release date? Only other franchise I can think of is Resident Evil being like 6-7 months from announcement. I wish this was the norm and not the Rockstar approach announcing games 5 years before release.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Is this the closest a AAA game has been announced to a release date? Only other franchise I can think of is Resident Evil being like 6-7 months from announcement. I wish this was the norm and not the Rockstar approach announcing games 5 years before release.
What Rockstar game was announced 5 years from release?
Max Payne 3 was probably the only game that too long from "it is coming" to trailer to release....but from the moment we actually saw it to release was like 1 year.
GTAV was announced 2011 and released 2013.(Delayed it was supposed to come out early 2013)
RDR2 was announced 2016 and released 2018. (It was supposed to come out 2017 but was delayed.)

1.5 - 2 years from announcement to release doesnt seem so bad.

I too would love devs to announce games and release them within 12 months, but I think for marketing and all that jazz it just isnt financially feasible.

OZ9000

Banned

7JZSyn.gif

So true.

It's why Doom 2016 looks better than most games released today.

All the DOF/motion blur/bokeh and post processing makes the graphics appear better than they actually are.

I frikken love it.

↓ Goals ↓

Gotta love the pig.
I was playing GT7 yesterday and honestly, I love the R33. It has looks for sure imo.

MMaRsu

Banned
So turns out from that leaked footage the wings were just special effects thankfully. Looks great honestly and colour me surprised its a game announced and releasing in 2 months.
That means they dont have that much faith in it, keeping it lowkey

Still on the fence about the crazy Spiderverse/Mitchells vs Machines effects... But they really need some new cars, it's the been basically the same car models for the past 3 games already. At least update the models to the latest facelifts. Like the mustang and brz are way outdated now. No new classic/muscle cars, hardly any new JDMs, and there's tons of new concept/models coming from Aston Martin, Ferrari, Mercedes... and when will they put in the cool new electric cars?

Idk if I’m just too old or what..
But, at one point young people would make bad ass hot rods..

images

Not this…

Infiniti-G.jpg
Why not both? I'll have you know the 1932 Ford Model 18 was in NFS 2015 and Payback...

NFS-32-Ford-MXHyland-800x400.png

Top Bottom