• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawel86ck

Banned
You did get warned for the simplest of reasons: unsubstantiated 9.2TF claims. Simple reasons are not bad reasons.

Nowhere else in the history of video games have official specs been contested to this degree without any evidence.
EviLore, you seem like a cool guy with a good heart. I remember numerus occasion when you helped people even with the smallest problems and it tells me you really care about users on your forum. It's not my intention to make troubles here, I just hope your forum will keep improving and that's why I'm trying to say what's needs to be said. Believe it or not, but neogaf is a tough place for people who arnt die-hard sony fans. That's why more and more people in this thread started saying exactly the same thing.

I was removed 3 times from next gen PS5 / XSX speculation, each time for the same reason (PS5 GPU clock speculation). I really cant understand why people on your forum cant speculate about PS5 GPU clock in speculation thread based on available info? Mark Cerny has said even 2GHz clock was too much for PS5 GPU and that's why he had to use new strategy. With new strategy PS5 GPU can run at 2.2GHz, but people should be still allowed to speculate how this new strategy will work in real gaming scenario and especially when Cerny only provided vague statement in regards to PS5 GPU downclock. I think veriable clock strategy will work just fine in games with fps lock, however I have my doubts if this strategy will work in other scenarios and for that I was warned and removed from next gen discussion for good.

5DgMeQMa2zyTBfiUXg-rnMofIM89AOYUAPPzeYg_8sRIbuJcImVD5gfGyAIKqxRsXTRp7BRuArbacckDFFNSMvsysjQnFAkjFqxE8cH9HMbf03BLkhr4SNANR9f0UkQbunrXTdOWVFJxG_bPTHHKtGyDlQFUwg9Sukc

Provide a link with context.

Onus is on you to back up these claims with links and evidence. But I guess you can't be bothered to do that as it will just show you're WongyMcwrong from Wrong town.

Hey mods.

i-think-i-can-handle-this-eurotrash.jpg

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/neogaf-ban-review-justice-project.1463407/post-259377588

Thank for your support.
I have all the proof of being a sony fan in my post history.
This was bull.
As you can see his warning was canceled because he is a sony fan 😂. Even sony fans knows neogaf has different standard for them but of course lets pretend it's just a conspiracy theory.

I remember reading many posts like that but I'm not bookmarking everything. Here's are just few examples (read entire page) and as you can see xbox / PC fans stay out from PS5 / XSX next gen thread because they know only sony fans are allowed into discussion without any repercussions.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
EviLore, you seem like a cool guy with a good heart. I remember numerus occasion when you helped people even with the smallest problems and it tells me you really care about users on your forum. It's not my intention to make troubles here, I just hope your forum will keep improving and that's why I'm trying to say what's needs to be said. Believe it or not, but neogaf is a tough place for people who arnt die-hard sony fans. That's why more and more people in this thread started saying exactly the same thing.

I was removed 3 times from next gen PS5 / XSX speculation, each time for the same reason (PS5 GPU clock speculation). I really cant understand why people on your forum cant speculate about PS5 GPU clock in speculation thread based on available info? Mark Cerny has said even 2GHz clock was too much for PS5 GPU and that's why he had to use new strategy. With new strategy PS5 GPU can run at 2.2GHz, but people should be still allowed to speculate how this new strategy will work in real gaming scenario and especially when Cerny only provided vague statement in regards to PS5 GPU downclock. I think veriable clock strategy will work just fine in games with fps lock, however I have my doubts if this strategy will work in other scenarios and for that I was warned and removed from next gen discussion for good.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/neogaf-ban-review-justice-project.1463407/post-259377588

As you can see his warning was canceled because he is a sony fan 😂. Even sony fans knows neogaf has different standard for them but of course lets pretend it's just a conspiracy theory.

I remember reading many posts like that but I'm not bookmarking everything. Here's are just few examples (read entire page) and as you can see xbox / PC fans stay out from PS5 / XSX next gen thread because they know only sony fans are allowed into discussion without any repercussions.

Not remotely getting in the middle of this, but I feel like this is going in a bad direction. Remember Sleepdoctor?

Right or wrong, I think you've made your point. That's all you can do. If you choose to persist with the issue all day long, to keep smashing it in faces, you should be prepared for the likely consequences of that.

I do understand that you're replying to some people, and I don't mean that.

Btw, I do feel obligated to point out that the Sony fan in question was warned for trolling Sony. That's why he said it was ridiculous that he got a warning as a Sony fan.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Dude, did you even read the rest of the context of that situation? The reason was definitely not "because he is a Sony fan".

Please stop viewing all of your issues through the lens of a fictional persecution complex.

@Jtibh

The mods don't care which 'army' you belong to, or what you are a fan of. Is the post likely to derail? It is antagonistic? Does the user have previous? These are all questions we ask when looking at a post. The RDNA 1.5 was done to death and has derailed enough threads. It is not going to be another 9.2TF disaster where it spams and pollutes most of the board. This inludes pre-emptively trying to cry that some big bad poster is going to come into the thread and say it as well. These types of derails are probably the most common. You do have previous warnings for posts like this as well:

Therefore it's likely that this post was viewed in the same light. A post that didn't really add anything but just two hot takes that were likely to derail a thread or antagonise people to start contesting your hot takes. Especially with yet another flourish at the end swiping at xbox - is this another 'joke' as well? It is likely you are a victim of your history, and this post was viewed cynically. For context, your post that was deleted:

However, given you've come in here and said it was a joke that didn't translate well, I will roll off the warning but add a 0 point log of this incident for future review.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I'd like to shake the virtual hand of the mods who write up these ban reasons. Sometimes that humour alone can make my day. Seriously, it's some clever witty humor.

cormack12

Gold Member
Why do you keep putting timers on that shithole of a thread?

There isn’t anything left to be talked about there, the fact that is has been locked and reopened multiple times says it all.

Just shut it down and pretend it never happened.

I last went in around 2 weeks ago. Whats it devolved into now?

Freeman

Banned
Since I'm new here again... how can I get a warning while not disrespecting anyone or being rude while someone sending me hate PM calling me names doesn't get anything? Makes no sense to me.

The police is I can only post on topics where my opinion is going to be positive? I don't even create any threads and I see threads that are way more inflammatory than my opinions and dare I say, not as honest.

I bet that pro-gamepass zealots annoy me just as much as me being generally opposed to GaaS annoys them. I get asked a bunch of questions, I answer and I get a warring but the people asking the questions don't.

It's like not allowing someone to be against Google Stadia or something, it's a pretty reasonable stance to have.

I'm disappointed, reminds me of what first got me banned just applied to a different subject.

tenor.gif

edit: having the police that people are encouraged to put others on ignore but not applying this same standard for threads doesn't make much sense as well.

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Since I'm new here again... how can I get a warning while not disrespecting anyone or being rude while someone sending me hate PM calling me names doesn't get anything? Makes no sense to me.

The police is I can only post on topics where my opinion is going to be positive? I don't even create any threads and I see threads that are way more inflammatory than my opinions and dare I say, not as honest.

I bet that pro-gamepass zealots annoy me just as much as me being generally opposed to GaaS annoys them. I get asked a bunch of question, I answer and I get a warring but the people asking the questions don't.

It's like not allowing someone to be against Google Stadia, it's a pretty reasonable stance to have.

I'm disappointed, reminds me of what first got me banned just applied to a different subject.
Send one of the mods a stern and rude PM, I hear that usually works.

PhoenixTank

Send one of the mods a stern and rude PM, I hear that usually works.
You forget to mention that they need to wish them well for whatever the nearest holiday is too.

What did you do?
And did you report the PM?

Freeman

Banned
What did you do?
And did you report the PM?
The message I got with my warning:
"It's becoming a habit for you to enter threads and shitpost about them. How about you stick to topics that interest you and you don't try and start console wars?"

I don't see it like that, Xbox fans take offense at everything. Instead backing their points they start to go after you personally, reporting, taking it as insult to them, etc. It like we have to pity MS and give them a participating trophy. If I said the same things I said about EA/Activision/Ubi I would be fine.

It turns out that GaaS affecting the quality of games is something I'm interested on. The narrative that "Gamepass/GaaS/F2P is good for games" and the inevitable future is ok, but thinking otherwise it not ok. The narrative that Sony needs to put their games day 1 on a similar service is stupid.

I'm also a gamepass PC subscriber until November so voicing my dissatisfaction with their game output is nothing out of the ordinary.

Last edited:

PhoenixTank

The message I got with my warning:
"It's becoming a habit for you to enter threads and shitpost about them. How about you stick to topics that interest you and you don't try and start console wars?"
I'm sure as shit not a mod, but yeah I'd expect that derailing threads repeatedly would get you a warning. it isn't like you're eating a ban for it. Yet?
The whole "It is the other side that is at fault" shtick is a common theme in this thread lately and I can't see it helping your argument with the powers that be.
You might ask which posts led to your warning to gain some clarity. (And then we can chuckle or not depending on the content :messenger_winking:)

You didn't mention the PMs there... but I wouldn't think mods go snooping in private message without cause, like a report.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I'm sure as shit not a mod, but yeah I'd expect that derailing threads repeatedly would get you a warning. it isn't like you're eating a ban for it. Yet?
The whole "It is the other side that is at fault" shtick is a common theme in this thread lately and I can't see it helping your argument with the powers that be.
You might ask which posts led to your warning to gain some clarity. (And then we can chuckle or not depending on the content :messenger_winking:)

You didn't mention the PMs there... but I wouldn't think mods go snooping in private message without cause, like a report.
I've noticed that recently there has been increase in fanboys on either side trolling, getting reprimanded in some way, coming into this thread and playing the victim. Rinse and repeat. After a few times there's a meltdown, followed by a permaban. It's like clockwork at this point.

Freeman

Banned

I reported it. Nothing came of it. I posted the PM he sent me on the topic as well since I don't like PMs.

What bothers me is it that my opinion is seeing as worse than their unhinged behavior if you don't agree with them.

edit:: my post that was linked in the warning:

My message said:
Going by that list even the ones I liked I feel like they are worse games due to being GaaS. Some games even if they start being good games end up ruined by this model.

I miss the days you paid for the game and played, that's it, you played it because it was good not because it was ever chaning, not because of unlocks and new content.

I don't hate multiplayer games, seems like I'm the one that likes them, since I don't need constant updates, cosmetics, xp, coins and all this bullshit to play them. I hope ND is able to avoid the traps of the GaaS model since the core gameplay is already so good.

At least I don't like Halo, so good luck.

Commenting on MS making their games GaaS/F2P is only allowed if I like the game? Nonsense, and just cause I didn't like other Halos doesn't me I couldn't be interested in playing the new one since I have game pass.

I made a single comment on that thread and only answered when people quoted me after that. If they were using the ignore function as I advised them to do (since they can't handle people that don't agree with them), they would not be quoting me.

It's like as if I couldn't comment on 2K making NBA2K20 $70 because I don't like it or am not interested in it.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I reported it. Nothing came of it. I posted the PM he sent me on the topic as well since I don't like PM.

What bothers me is it that my opinion is seeing as worse than their unhinged behavior if you don't agree with them.

edit, my post that was linked in the warning:

Commenting on MS making their games GaaS/F2P is only allowed if I like the game? Nonsense, and just cause I didn't like other Halos doesn't me I couldn't be interested in playing the new one since I have game pass.

I made a single comment on that thread and only answered when people quoted me after that. If they were using the ignore function as I advised them to do if they can't handle it, they would not be quoting me.

It's like as if I couldn't comment on 2K making NBA2K20 $70 because I don't like it or am not interested in it.

I think you accidentally quote me instead of yourself.

But:

Sounds like good advice, go through your posts in that thread and I think the warning is warranted.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I reported it. Nothing came of it. I posted the PM he sent me on the topic as well since I don't like PMs.

edit:: my post that was linked in the warning:

I made a single comment on that thread and only answered when people quoted me after that. If they were using the ignore function as I advised them to do (since they can't handle people that don't agree with them), they would not be quoting me.

I hadn't seen this thread before but I just looked at the 1st page. Yeah, here's the thing, that thread wasn't about Game Pass or whether you like GaaS or Halo or MP . It was a positive Halo thread about the fact that Halo MP will be free to play and will run at 120fps. It appears the initial responses were very positive even from some Sony fans until you popped in with less than 20 responses posted and dropped in to make this negative & irrelevant shitpost bitching about Game Pass:

Later on in the posts you linked you managed to let us know you also don't like Halo or multiplayer. It's pretty obvious you were there to troll and maybe you honestly don't realize how you come across, but it seems like you do a lot of negative trolling especially anything positive about Xbox.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom