• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManofOne

Plus Member
CA is gone?

Sad Michael Scott GIF

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Change or go backwards?
You seem to be axing alot of the same people who helped carry your forum when it was at its lowest. But hey numbers are up and you don't need them anymore right?
Say what? It's bloody politics and conspiracy nuts getting the axe recently. They're not upholding the site. Gamers and a healthy balanced community is what holds things up. Constructive and meaningful posts...not trash. That would be the standard for this forum and pretty much any other.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Change or go backwards?
You seem to be axing alot of the same people who helped carry your forum when it was at its lowest. But hey numbers are up and you don't need them anymore right?
I'm sure that past support is appreciated. It always has been. Leeway has also always been given, but never immunity.

Evilore made a reasonable request and if users can't abide by it even after being shown leniency, what's left?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Crypto threads were entertaining but although had a similar slant to them.

He needed to tone down the National Enquirer kinds of thread titles. And maybe cut down on them.

Him and JordanN are actually harmless, but they just keep recycling the same kinds of messages every day. I don't know how some posters can find so much material and charts about the same topic. JordanN was a master at that. He could dig up endless bar and pie charts all day.

ManofOne

Plus Member

He needed to tone down the National Enquirer kinds of thread titles. And maybe cut down on them.

Him and JordanN are actually harmless, but they just keep recycling the same kinds of messages every day. I don't know how some posters can find so much material and charts about the same topic. JordanN was a master at that. He could dig up endless bar and pie charts all day.

I really wish they would get a chance to come back though. I think once the pandemic stuff and political theatrics cool down. They should have an opportunity to rejoin. They're really smart and entertaining posters.

Ornlu

Banned
It still bums me out that what started out as a great thread for passing on information and general discussion on the pandemic has turned into an anti-vax/anti-mask/conspiracy shit hole of a thread. Any sort of level headed discussion is quickly dogpiled or drowned out.

I dunno, there's plenty of "If you aren't wearing a mask in your own home you are literally killing everyone!" shit in there too.

MrMephistoX

Wait what did I MSA is Crypto permabanned? I feel like he’s reasonable enough in his cooky way to probably learn from the mistake?

While we’re on appeals I still miss Taysan :(

I dunno, there's plenty of "If you aren't wearing a mask in your own home you are literally killing everyone!" shit in there too.

That isn't the same thing as all the full on denial, conspiracy theories and condescending stifling of discussion that has gone on there for months now come on. Certainly you aren't that daft. But regardless, this isn't really the place to argue back and forth, there is a hijacked thread right here for that

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Wowsers many are sent off to play Skyrim and then take an arrow to the knee there complete with a buggy gameloop included.

Too bad that our political crisis (Cabinet resignation, but on a totally valid thing, i may add) is a mere blip on this scale.

Holy shit.. this place won’t be the same without cryptoadam..
Good thing it will remain the same with you. (I am joking.)

But jah. But i mean the message is quite simply - Don't display angst in politics. Its not here.

Be like me. Talk about planets, scotch, Cunth Cunth ''s Oldsmobile or the latest Lego Mindstorms brick set. There are so many topics to simp for - Trust me, politics is not one you want to get addicted to.
Times change.
That is actually, and factually true. I started posting on this at 22.54, and its now *checks time* 22.58.

NeoGAF. Spitting Facts since 2006.
Poor Stouffers. Banned for a shit joke.
Maybe it was literal shit he posted. Even virtual, that leaves off a scent.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
This entire situation feels like 2016 but with everyone flipped. It'd be a little funny if it weren't sad.
And it was necessary, with due respect to those who were banned and were pretty cool posters outside of the politics forum. That place was turning into an unhealthy echo chamber.

It was also tarnishing neogaf's reputation to outsiders. Considering Evilore's expressed direction of wanting this place to be first and foremost an enjoyable gaming forum, it was out of place to have a very loud niche conspiracy community to stand out so much and dictate so strongly the tone of that forum.

Last edited:
And it was necessary, with due respect to those who were banned and were pretty cool posters outside of the politics forum. That place was turning into an unhealthy echo chamber.

It was also tarnishing neogaf's reputation to outsiders. Considering Evilore's expressed direction of wanting this place to be first and foremost an enjoyable gaming forum, it was out of place to have a very loud niche conspiracy community to stand out so much and dictate so strongly the tone of that forum.
Unfortunately some of them would only
Bother posting in gaming was to bitch about wokeness.
Wait, why did you ban him? He seemed to be pretty respectful
The Russian government under putin does nothing but try to undermine the USA and Europe. Russia today is a state own broadcaster that is nothing more than state propaganda. The article is basically trying to infer that Germany is setting up Covid concentration camps.. come the fuck on.
I like cytro but pushing that for zero reason after being banned from politics was only going to go one way.
if he wasn’t banned from politics he would have made a thread for that and would have got banned anyway.

Unfortunately some of them would only
Bother posting in gaming was to bitch about wokeness.

The Russian government under putin does nothing but try to undermine the USA and Europe. Russia today is a state own broadcaster that is nothing more than state propaganda. The article is basically trying to infer that Germany is setting up Covid concentration camps.. come the fuck on.
I like cytro but pushing that for zero reason after being banned from politics was only going to go one way.
if he wasn’t banned from politics he would have made a thread for that and would have got banned anyway.
Yea well I didn't see it because I don't post there anymore. He was a big conspiracy guy so it is was it is. Russia may not be a Communist state but they sure are authoritarian now. What a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom