• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Ban Review/Justice Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethalal

Banned
Does this mean I can finally make a foot fetish thread?
5UI7nrx.jpg

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

Kept. It was off topic at the time and yes the regulars from both sections kept it alive. Obviously not now, but initially after the Resetera exodus? Absolutely.

You are delusional. The main reason we even had a politics subsection created was because most of the remaining community at the time were sick and tired of the same handful of people constantly trying to bring up politics every chance they got.

The political group you think were the ones “keeping GAF alive” were an annoying small group that the greater forum wanted quarantined in their own small section. Gaming has and always will be the reason GAF is still around.

Last edited:

Liberty4all

Banned
You are delusional. The main reason we even had a politics subsection created was because most of the remaining community at the time were sick and tired of the same handful of people constantly trying to bring up politics every chance they got.

The political group you think were the ones “keeping GAF alive” were an annoying small group that the greater forum wanted quarantined in their own small section. Gaming has and always will be the reason GAF is still around.
Right after the reee stuff happened there was barely anyone left in gaming in terms of activity. I remember because a group of us in off topic were encouraging each other to post more in gaming just to get activity up. We were really worried about how slow it was, although it did give gaming a new flavor in terms of savouring topics.

I can’t say how many posters were in each section, there was overlap, but the gaming side seemed to suffer the most initially.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I’m remembering it wrong then. Or maybe just how it felt.

what I really remember was how determined we all were to rebuild and that we would make GAF Great Again. Which we all did.

And we still are doing. GAF will become better by removing the mentally ill conspiracy theories on both sides. People need to stop having emotional breakdowns over this acting like they are being specifically targeted.

Go and play some games, mate. May do you some good.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Liberty, I strongly suggest you unplug yourself from following politics on the internet and find other ways to occupy your free time, for your sake. You've veered into radicalization and it's not healthy. I hope not having access to the Politics forum on GAF helps you get back to reality eventually.

I appreciate the support. But that's a personal matter, and this is a professional matter as the owner and operator of this website. The decision has been made and carried out.

YCoCg

Ok, I'll be honest, it is a bit sad to see soo many political members self nuke their accounts. Part of the fun of the politics section was seeing what crazy threads would pop up, mainly threads by cryptoadam cryptoadam and seeing everyone argue back and forth with playful hate, I mean hell the amount of times I've been called lefty scum, etc, was hilarious as it felt like a section that was in a sense the reverse of Ree, if you didn't agree then you were jumped on by the regulars and told to leave, etc (again something which is funny in hindsight as they've gone now). But it was still a fun area to check out.

Now though, it feels like the spark of that section is gone. Perhaps a three month ban for some members would've been the time needed to cool off instead of an outright perma. Plus if it was just a three month ban it would give time for things to transition, hopefully in three months time a lot of political parties have moved on from this current hostile stance and in turn the followers would've mellowed out as well.

Ok, I'll be honest, it is a bit sad to see soo many political members self nuke their accounts. Part of the fun of the politics section was seeing what crazy threads would pop up, mainly threads by cryptoadam cryptoadam and seeing everyone argue back and forth with playful hate, I mean hell the amount of times I've been called lefty scum, etc, was hilarious as it felt like a section that was in a sense the reverse of Ree, if you didn't agree then you were jumped on by the regulars and told to leave, etc (again something which is funny in hindsight as they've gone now). But it was still a fun area to check out.

Now though, it feels like the spark of that section is gone. Perhaps a three month ban for some members would've been the time needed to cool off instead of an outright perma. Plus if it was just a three month ban it would give time for things to transition, hopefully in three months time a lot of political parties have moved on from this current hostile stance and in turn the followers would've mellowed out as well.
I mean, Im glad it was "fun" for you but not exactly conducive of a healthy environment. I started to notice those problems after a while.

Liberty4all

Banned
I am not radicalized, different political opinions are just that - different. I do think though I need a break from GAF though to clear my head from the last few months of drama. Also a solid break of old and new.

Going to take a self imposed vacation from the board. Will be back in a month or so after the election stuff is over. Cheers all.

YCoCg

Politics is supposed to be boring.
Normally yes, but the past five to six years saw a shift towards the mess we have now.

I mean, Im glad it was "fun" for you but not exactly conducive of a healthy environment. I started to notice those problems after a while.
Yeah I think we all noticed certain people falling deeper and deeper into the more bizarre but a lot of members just ended up playing a role, cryptoadam cryptoadam for example, dude was smarter than the trash politics he posted most of the time, which is why it's a shame to see him and other members absolutely flip out at the new rules and go all scorched earth.

nush

what I really remember was how determined we all were to rebuild and that we would make GAF Great Again. Which we all did.

and I call on all of you again to step forth into the fray to stand up and fight to protect what we have already lost so much to gain so that our children and eventually grandchildren will have a world to live in that is not only the greatest place in the world but one that can inspire the rest of the world to change for the better. For freedom, kinship, love and peace. and most importantly, so that we can all enjoy the boobs and butt topics.

Normally yes, but the past five to six years saw a shift towards the mess we have now.

Yeah I think we all noticed certain people falling deeper and deeper into the more bizarre but a lot of members just ended up playing a role, cryptoadam cryptoadam for example, dude was smarter than the trash politics he posted most of the time, which is why it's a shame to see him and other members absolutely flip out at the new rules and go all scorched earth.
Sometimes conspiracy theorist are pretty intelligent. They do shit research (speaking in legit sources) and fall into political rabbit holes

Last edited:

RNK

I'm actually really curious about the fetish stuff I keep seeing. What's the deal with all that? Evilore just doesn't want them here for some reason?

RNK

Because mods don't want to look at and moderate everyones creepy fantasies
I mean I get the ultra kink stuff, but I saw they closed a couple foot fetish threads. Definitely not my thing, but hard ti see the harm in allowing one. I'm sure Evilore has his reasons, I was just curious.

teezzy

Banned
I mean I get the ultra kink stuff, but I saw they closed a couple foot fetish threads. Definitely not my thing, but hard ti see the harm in allowing one. I'm sure Evilore has his reasons, I was just curious.

It's a slippery slope.

If you start allowing one thing, you have to allow another. We could argue all day what constitutes as a fetish and what doesn't. I joke with EviLore EviLore about making a foot fetish thread, but I'm pretty sure he understands I wouldn't actually do it nor do I exactly want to.
It's sorta more fun leaving it as a little in-joke around here. I'm just hoping I don't actually catch a ban for it one day. I'd like to think he knows I'm playing around, despite being super into the fetish itself. There's other members here who share the fetish. It's definitely a fetish though lmao.

Hence the GAF "no fetish threads!!", "its not a fetish thread :messenger_face_steam:" meme-banter. Idk. Just tryna make people smile at the end of the day. Life's too short.

bc3d7868419c03d49740ae7bd7094fc8.jpg

Just imagine the lol's we could have if someone started one about how they liked to dress up in baby diapers and sleep in a big cot.
The potential just isn't being considered here.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Wow CryptoAdam is out? Temporary or permanent?

Only for Covid section or entire thread ?

Very sad to see this

He used to be a very reasonable person

I always speak highly of him

Only when it comes to covid that where things arent working out for him

Also

We need to pray for this guy
apCeIib.jpg

Some users here are under serious mental breakdown after the election, the trump defeat really drive some people crazy

Im seriously thinking some of them are under potential suicide situation judging by their words

We need to comfort them and hug em...not driving em away, cos they really need it

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Why do so many people have such a hard time not being political on a gaming forum?

It feels like that weird place old Gaf was in where it was a gaming forum first and politics started taking over.

Now they can’t seem to divorce themselves from it.

I come here for entertainment, not to discuss hardline politics.

There are a billion other pages on the internet to discuss those things if that’s what you are after.

Seeing some of these older accounts suicide themselves over an R or a D is saddening to me, because I thought they came here for more than that garbage.

Last edited:
I haven't ventured into the Covid conspiracy threads here, but there is some reason to keep one eye open with regards to conspiracies in these areas.
Various governments have developed what are called "race specific bioweapons", which are virus and bacteria that target specific genes found in certain races.
The US government did do things such as eugenics and other horrific stuff such as Tuskegee on Black men. The CIA released toxins into the subway systems to see how it would effect and kill people.
They experimented on GI's including murdering them.
And let's not forget how the UN got caught giving black people in Africa tainted vaccines that sterilised women.

So I think its wise to not trust everything your government does or says.

Kagey K

Banned
I haven't ventured into the Covid conspiracy threads here, but there is some reason to keep one eye open with regards to conspiracies in these areas.
Various governments have developed what are called "race specific bioweapons", which are virus and bacteria that target specific genes found in certain races.
The US government did do things such as eugenics and other horrific stuff such as Tuskegee on Black men. The CIA released toxins into the subway systems to see how it would effect and kill people.
They experimented on GI's including murdering them.
And let's not forget how the UN got caught giving black people in Africa tainted vaccines that sterilised women.

So I think its wise to not trust everything your government does or says.
This is probably a textbook example of what you shouldn’t do.

With regards to posting about them?
What I have said are historical admitted things. I remember Bill Clinton even apologising for some of them when he was President.
I'm not talking about accusing Hilary Clinton of drinking babies blood ore anything crazy.

Why do so many people have such a hard time not being political on a gaming forum?

It feels like that weird place old Gaf was in where it was a gaming forum first and politics started taking over.

Now they can’t seem to divorce themselves from it.

I come here for entertainment, not to discuss hardline politics.

There are a billion other pages on the internet to discuss those things if that’s what you are after.

Seeing some of these older accounts suicide themselves over an R or a D is saddening to me, because I thought they came here for more than that garbage.
I will give my experience. Always hated politics (still do) but early in 2020 I felt both the off-topic and gaming sections were really boring and sometimes childish.

2020 was a crazy ass year with a crazy ass election and protest sparking worldwide for justice (yes worldwide) and America was the hardest hit. It is very understandable people got sucked into it this year and this is the only message board site I like posting on. Yes, this is a gaming forum but there are a wide of variety of things and communities to engage with here other than games.

You should look up more history. The 60's was a huge wake-up call to Americans about the trustworthiness of their government. Do I need to mention Vietnam and those "weapons of mass destruction" that were told to us about Iraq? Just don't go too far down the rabbit hole.

Also the Tuskegee Study is real and fucked up

https://www.cdc.gov/tuskegee/timeline.htm

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
You should look up more history. The 60's was a huge wake-up call to Americans about the trustworthiness of their government. Do I need to mention Vietnam and those "weapons of mass destruction" that were told to us about Iraq? Just don't go too far down the rabbit hole.
I’m well aware of the history of it all.

I was more suggesting that listing it all off like that in one post with no resources is likely to trigger the mob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom