• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF gets a Prophet: Rumors about the E3 Nintendo Direct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darryl

Banned
Star Tropics would be the biggest waste of Retro's talents I could possibly imagine. There are so many better Nintendo IPs that deserve the Retro treatment before that.

nooo they could do so much with it. the transition into 3D opens up so many possibilities.

prag16

Banned
Star Tropics would be the biggest waste of Retro's talents I could possibly imagine. There are so many better Nintendo IPs that deserve the Retro treatment before that.
I don't understand the Star Tropics hate. A reboot could actually be quite good if handled well. *shrugs*. Would probably be better than wasting Retro on MK8 as some have postulated.

I feel like this thread is a mistake whether it's real or fake.

If it's real you just shined a giant spotlight on a dude that was telling you guys good info...

And if it's not real you just helped him in his goal.

As someone who has leaked things I've heard... if someone made a thread about it I would never open my mouth around here again. There are people who are connected to this industry in various ways that love games and want to share info. But doing that puts people at risk. Personally for me it's not my job, I'm in an unrelated field. But it is my friends jobs and goddamn i would feel awful if i ever did anything to put them in jeopardy. So call the dude a fake, believe it, whatever... But real or fake giving it this much attention is a negative.

Totally fake. Disregarding the fact that having a Direct instead of a traditional conference means almost no chance of the actual content of the Direct leaking, you still have all the vagaries and talk about release dates slipping a month, years in advance.

Instro

If it's real you just shined a giant spotlight on a dude that was telling you guys good info...

As someone who has leaked things I've heard... if someone made a thread about it I would never open my mouth around here again. There are people who are connected to this industry in various ways that love games and want to share info. But doing that puts people at risk. Personally for me it's not my job, I'm in an unrelated field. But it is my friends jobs and goddamn i would feel awful if i ever did anything to put them in jeopardy. So call the dude a fake, believe it, whatever... But real or fake giving it this much attention is a negative.

OP wants attention too.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
How would some "insider" know all this stuff? Especially the things which have no relation to this year's E3 (like Zelda U). There's probably only a handful of people at NoA who'd be briefed about the future of Zelda years before its release and I'm sure they wouldn't want to risk their job by posting it on GAF.

Reggie is sick of the negative attitude about Nintendo, plus he's bored, he sits around all day doing nothing.

AniHawk

The most believable thing on there is Mario Kart Wii U being a souped up MK7.

Especially if it comes out this fall.

i'm surprised they aren't handling the wii u's shitty schedule more often in this fashion. soup up other games too. put them in collections. we could get a super mario galaxy hd collection and a legend of zelda tp+ss hd collection. rainfall hd, good-feel hd, etc.

I'm Miyamoto's neighbor; sometimes he invites me over and I play ping pong with him in his garage. All my friends say I am a very trustworthy person. All these rumors are true.

Shahadan

Well it's hardly a franchise and has not seen an installment for a longtime, so they can pretty much do whatever they want with it.

The mario kart 7 souped up sounds like some shit they would do and pass it as a new Wii U game.

Personally i would not mind if certain 3DS games like luigi's mansion came to Wii U.

If he wanted to go about it incognito he could have PMed a mod beforehand instead of cold posting in the hype thread.

No sympathy if things go sideways.

Artemisia

Banned
Oh, then these rumors are real.

no, i'm not saying that.

They could be fake, but to write them off over a misunderstood detail
ibisnyzCtUJkAk.gif

Well it's hardly a franchise and has not seen an installment for a longtime, so they can pretty much do whatever they want with it.

Yeah, I don't understand that logic, especially when we just recently got Kid Icarus Uprising which pretty much only takes the name and characters and then does its own thing

Shaanyboi

Banned
I guess the Retro doing StarTropics thing may be kinda unlikely...

The collaboration with SEGA actually means Retro is making a new Beyond Oasis. BELIEVE.

Soriku

He posted all this on a big public forum as an info dump for everyone. There's no line being crossed here with this thread. If he didn't want anyone to lose their job he wouldn't have posted all this. But most likely this is bullshit, and he gets a big public shaming for posting fake shit if he's wrong. He'd have brought this on himself.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Hey guys,

What's the over/under on pages of this thread before it gets reported on Koatku as a real news rumor?

Azure J

I don't understand the Star Tropics hate. A reboot could actually be quite good if handled well. *shrugs*. Would probably be better than wasting Retro on MK8 as some have postulated.

I don't get it either. It's a blank slate and anything Retro would hypothetically take from it would just be a framework since there aren't any established traits to the series besides its main character (characters if they were feeling adventurous) and setting really. It's pretty much real estate for a Kid Icarus Uprising style renovation/reintroduction.

Then again, I imagine New IP/Metroid/StarFox-GAF would be mad as hell at the "rehashing".

Galang

Banned
Mess if that Mario Kart rumor is true. I was really looking forward to it. Diddy Kong Racing better be happening at some point if that's the case

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That Mario Kart news is a huge disappointment if true.

ALM5252

I was hoping Retro would be working on a new Star Fox game....assuming this rumor is true.

Either way, I want to see a new Star Fox game revealed at E3! D:

man this is my favorite time of the year. everything leading up to E3 week is mad exciting. the only time of the year im super focused on just video games

rumors or not, i hope we get to see whatever retro is working on

These rumors are way to vague to be believable. Not back seat modding but this should be a thread.

OMG my sources tell me Link will wear green next game and Mario will be their biggest effort yet. Mario kart is going to have turtle shells and smash bros will have a big roster. Give me a break

Then he even gives himself a way out to say "oh everything changed last minute.

jay

no, i'm not saying that.

They could be fake, but to write them off over a misunderstood detail
ibisnyzCtUJkAk.gif

Did you see how much was written before the debated name of this Mario game? I'm impressed by anyone who didn't stop reading or at least start skimming by that point.

Hey guys,

What's the over/under on pages of this thread before it gets reported on Koatku as a real news rumor?

There's a guy in the thread who is Miyamoto's neighbor. He should really be the one in the Kotaku story.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'm on mobile but he's posted about believing Retro is working on StarTropics before, nothing to insinuate he knew what they were making though.

Plus this about MS insiders: "Well, ill put it this way. Fear of a perm ban plus my own PS4 fiasco are why I didn't post what I knew in advance of this reveal. Which was a lot. I chose to keep my mouth shut for that reason. If you do legitimately have insider info that's accurate, do NOT post it at all or if you do be really really careful. Feel bad for Reiko but you can push luck only so far :("

If he didn't want attention, he shouldn't have "leaked" a ton of info from what's possibly the most secretive company in the industry on a widely read gaming forum.

if Nintendo wants to soup up games. do it with smash melee for this winter

you'd get a smash for the holiday. better online. all the characters from brawl and melee

do it Nintendo

freddy

Banned
Reads like some early 20's guy who thinks he's amazingly clever for messing with what he thinks are 13 year olds.

Basically it's one of the regular anti-Nintendo clowns who populate Nintendo threads with an alternate account.

Or something.

More than anything on this thread i just hope that the 2014 / 2105 release date(s) are false.

To not have some of these games until that far down is crazy and ridiculous.

you guys know that bh7812 actually believed that sony wouldn't launch the ps4, right?

edit:
Okay, I respect that, but I'd like to ask you and everyone else a question: If you truly believe they can afford to mass produce and distribute a PS4, and there's nothing wrong in believing that then where do you think they're going to get the cash they need to do that? Developing a dedicated gaming console can't be cheap I would imagine. With Sony's mess, they don't have a whole helluva lot of money to go spending at all I'd think. What money that is there now is probably being used to help finish Vita projects and close out the PS3's lifespan on a good note. Plus daily operating expenses. So I'm just asking respectfully where the mass production/distribution money is gonna come from in their case.

Plausible, but bullshit.

You know what I mean - there's now way this guy has the info and it's all too easy to fabricate because we know nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom