• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF gets a Prophet: Rumors about the E3 Nintendo Direct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
axe_to_grindatu9o.gif

Azure J

I haven't played it but from what people say it's pretty much a Western version of Zelda.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

The only things it shares with Zelda are a top down view outside of dungeon areas, interactions (which are usually short and brief) with local islanders on the different islands to find your way into the next dungeon sequence and upgrades in the form of hearts. The dungeon areas are very linear but full of secrets like alcoves, treasure areas, diverging paths and the like. The focus is more on navigating the cavernous areas with platforming based on a grid layout. It's clunky to try out as a first timer in 2013, but when you get deep into it, you'll see that it works and was pretty novel given the context it had/has as an NES game of 1990. Items you receive outside of the key weapon (the Yo-Yo in the first game, your ranged weapon and psychic fireball in the second) are perishable and serve only to get you through the current dungeon.

You are the best mod.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Disappointing if true for Mario Kart.

He named a lot of specifics for stuff we know will be at E3 though (MK, Smash, Mario), so if he really is an insider I think he's safe.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Looking at his past posts from a few days ago, he went from "gut guess" to having inside sources about Star Tropics U? Suspicious.

They really need to at least announce the title of the game at the show. Ideally a trailer.

I hate "latest forum trends" and all but what the hell, it's fitting for this thread:

"Be excited for Star Tropics U!!!!"

Star Tropics us my vote and gut guess.

That's honestly what I believe their project is too. When itfirstgot mentioned they're doing a game it was kinda like "Gotta be Star Tropics" and I haven't second doubted it. We will see.

As for that bigger list of rumors, I personally believe it guys. It's too long and too detailed a list for someone to just sit down and write that up on the fly. That's my opinion and I have a right to that. I really think their E3 has just been laid out in front of everyone. IF that entire longer list is true, lets just say it is, is that enough to turn around Wii U? It'll depend in what all these "unannounced games" are. I don't believe every rumor list I read. You can tell which rumors are BS usually and that longer list doesn't strike me personally as BS. I think people here need to wait a few weeks on this before getting out their pitchforks. Just wait and see before letting the phrase bullshit fly. If it ends up totally wrong knock yourselves out. But if its not, well then you've just seen their E3.

He hasn't said whether I can post it yet or not and I don't want somebody I barely even know to get a ton of shit thrown their way over something as trivial as videogames, but some of the characters I asked bh7812 about via PM for that SSB4 teaser don't seem particularly likely to me. Like, at all.

That's as specific as I'll get until bh7812 gets back on and says whether I can copy/paste what he said or not (or if they just posts it themselves). Seems like a weird thing to bet a 6-year old account on though.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah go through his post history guys.

I don't know if he's actually claiming to be an insider, or if he's just not great at explaining this is all a guess on his part and doesn't understand what he did.

beastmode

Next Gen...honestly and seriously this is what I think will happen. Now, I don't work in the industry nor do I have industry sources but this is what my best guess is based on stuff I've followed and read. Just to start, if I'm wrong on what I'll write about Sony I'll gladly eat my words later but I think at least in their case we have a clearer picture of where they're aiming to go shorter term.

could be right or could be wrong. in the end we will have no one to blame but ourselves but will probably blame the rumor starter just to make ourselves feel better for being dumb.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Comes off to me as very safe aside from the Star Tropics thing. We know there will be a Mario, Smash, and Mario Kart. Also the "souped up" comment reads as if it's something negative to try to balance the rest out.

Don't really buy it at all, but if it's true the freaking out for the Retro game will be hilairous.

Not that there needs to be any confirmation but this sentence right here (bolded) proves he's a fake:

That's honestly what I believe their project is too. When itfirstgot mentioned they're doing a game it was kinda like "Gotta be Star Tropics" and I haven't second doubted it. We will see.

As for that bigger list of rumors, I personally believe it guys. It's too long and too detailed a list for someone to just sit down and write that up on the fly. That's my opinion and I have a right to that. I really think their E3 has just been laid out in front of everyone. IF that entire longer list is true, lets just say it is, is that enough to turn around Wii U? It'll depend in what all these "unannounced games" are. I don't believe every rumor list I read. You can tell which rumors are BS usually and that longer list doesn't strike me personally as BS. I think people here need to wait a few weeks on this before getting out their pitchforks. Just wait and see before letting the phrase bullshit fly. If it ends up totally wrong knock yourselves out. But if its not, well then you've just seen their E3.
That "list of rumors" he's referencing? They're the ones the troll from IGN posts, 100 Year Old Gamer. He's been wrong about everything, even the IGN members know this and just play along with it.

Check the replies here: http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/y...s-until-nintendos-e3-starts.452980149/page-16
It's the last page of the 100 year old gamer thread.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
I would rather have some sort of FPS from Retro. It's an area that Nintendo doesn't really have covered.

steveovig

I read the first half and initially was thinking the Retro game was Earthbound. Don't get me wrong, Star Tropics sounds cool but Mother 4 would be crazier than crazy.

Mario Kart 7 U sounds terrible and guarantees I won't buy it, if true. Why would they release a brand new Mario Kart every generation since the SNES only to stop now and re-release the last one? I know Nintendo has been very lazy lately but c'mon.

Yoshi Yarn in 2014 is also disappointing. Honestly, I hope none of this is true.

Not that there needs to be any confirmation but this sentence right here (bolded) proves he's a fake:

That "list of rumors" he's referencing? They're the ones the troll from IGN posts, 100 Year Old Gamer. He's been wrong about everything, even the IGN members know this and just play along with it.

Check the replies here: http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/y...s-until-nintendos-e3-starts.452980149/page-16
It's the last page of the 100 year old gamer thread.
Well if that's the case I guess I might as well post this if he can't decide whether he's guessing or 'leaking' this stuff:

Sure, no problem...

From newest characters to obvious here's at least some of the roster...

Mega Man
Mike Jones
Little Mac
Doc Louis
Mario
Kirby
Sonic
Donkey Kong
Link
Pikachu and several other Pokemon
Samus
Kirby
Falcon
Zelda
Ganondorf
Peach
Luigi
Yoshi
Baby versions of Mario and Co.
Paper Mario
Ness
Lucas
8 and 16 bit versions of a lot of the listed characters.

I'm nit sure why I didn't see snake anywhere, I'd have thought he'd be in.

Think that should be enough for now :) enjoy this E3, it's the one a lotta people have waited years for!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom