• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF is heating up!

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
giphy.gif
You can say NeoGAF is heating up.

ButtSax

Neo Member
You know, fun story. When the exodus happened, I used the same username I used back here, despite the fact I was only here for a few months and that it's a username that I created for Gaf. After a while, I thought: what if the vile users that I keep hearing about from Gaf come after me because they see my username on Gaf (that is inactive effectively) and that I also post on Era? What if they harass me? What if they try and get me banned on Era? I did not entertaing the idea for too long, but it crossed my mind.

Turns out it's been Era banning folks for visiting Gaf all along. They're the ones now digging through all tweets and, per a staff member, asking users to report users who they believe to be... gasp... republicans.

Yup I changed user name just because of how vile that place can be.

I want to personally welcome everyone from ResetEra to NeoGaf and especially returning members. Keep in mind we won't always agree on everything and it's ok that we have different party affiliations for I believe we all want many of the same things generally speaking in terms for the betterment of mankind.

Some discussions can be heated on here but there is no need to be in fear of being silenced. Hope you enjoy your stay.

I'll just add to that with...be the change you want to see in your own posts. Accept other points of view, try to remove a knee jerk reaction, understand text and tone are quite different on the web. Above all else, have a fucking laugh at yourself and what others post too. Disagreeing does not have to equate to labelling, hatred or banishment. In fact it should become a well of experience, debate and ultimately knowledge to draw from.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
To all the repatriated ex-pats, I say this with all disrespect: you have got to be some kind of fucking idiot to have knowingly, and voluntarily, posted on ResetEra.

Or worse, you were some kind of scenester and it just didn’t pan out.

Either way, if you’re looking for some hero’s welcome because you pulled your head out of your ass, get fucked.

We arent going to pile on those who left unless they tried burning the place down on their way out. No one knew what was going on at the time.

Lets give everyone a chance.

I mean for crying out loud, Era are only allowing negative Cyberpunk threads right now (IT WILL CAUSE EPILEPTIC FITS), one stickied thread slagging CDPR as Transphobes and the OT which is screaming with disclaimers

I will show the same care and niceness (and sarcasm) that others show to me. Trans absolutely included. But Era screaming over and over and over - they are children and at this point, they seem to be taking joy in being seen to be rightous rather than the actual cause

So being intolerant of people who left a forum because it became intolerant seems logical to you?

Orrrr maybe you could just assess individuals based on their actions... mind-blowing, I know.
To be honest, I am a bit wary of this as well.

I remember quite well how everybody was patting themselves on their backs like they do now here and today happily on REE after leaving "that shit site" (what was GAF for them back then) on to greener pastures, with the intention of creating something new and better.

I also remember the mass account suicides here of people leaving, with a lot of horrible insults thrown at Evilore.
I am sure a few of those who crawl back now were those who did that back in the day.

I hope those who come back do so minding what happened back then, and don't bring this ERA shit to here with them.

Last edited:

Ingwerorang

Neo Member
To all the repatriated ex-pats, I say this with all disrespect: you have got to be some kind of fucking idiot to have knowingly, and voluntarily, posted on ResetEra.

Either way, if you’re looking for some hero’s welcome because you pulled your head out of your ass, get fucked.

Who is expecting a hero's welcome??? For example, I applied for an Account here, didn't get approved for months/years, than ResetEra happened and it seemed like everyone was switching the forum. Got an Account there in an instant. After a year or, so I stopped posting because there was already annoying shit going on (Battlefield V ect.). I think December last year or January this year I asked for my Account to be deleted/closed. But I continued to lurk because it wasn't that bad until Cyberpunk happened. You sound somehow upset about ResetEra and people "returning" here. I don't see the reason to be hostile but OK.

begotten

Always lurked. SRK and GF boards back in the day were the only sites I bothered to register and contribute to.

Although, I felt compelled to come bat for NeoGAF when I saw the pollyanna and mentally crippled state of that other place.

S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
Cyberpunk seems to be the straw that has broken the camel's back for Era. Who'd have thought that people join games forums to talk about games?

Then again, who'd have thought that a game which gives you the best and most varied customisation options to date could be any kind of phobic?

Dunki

Cyberpunk seems to be the straw that has broken the camel's back for Era. Who'd have thought that people join games forums to talk about games?

Then again, who'd have thought that a game which gives you the best and most varied customisation options to date could be any kind of phobic?
The most ironic part is that Resetera believed how the Cyberpunk universe is something that heavily deals with Understanding of Trans people. But this was actually the game they used to show their real faces.
They way people were dealed with and how the trans community acted was really a fascist ideology. No opposition, do as they say, with us or death and all "for the greater good of society".

They never had any intention to let people survive and enjoy the game.

Era was a nice and good place for the first half year. You could support Trump without getting banned.

Of course that was just done because you can't mass ban in your starting and growth phase. You need to become big first on social media.

Shmunter

The most ironic part is that Resetera believed how the Cyberpunk universe is something that heavily deals with Understanding of Trans people. But this was actually the game they used to show their real faces.
They way people were dealed with and how the trans community acted was really a fascist ideology. No opposition, do as they say, with us or death and all "for the greater good of society".

They never had any intention to let people survive and enjoy the game.
I’d err on blaming trans people. It is the ideologues that are to blame, and they come in all shapes, sizes & colors. There are plenty of trans people that do not subscribe to authoritarian ideals, some even here.

You probably didn’t mean it that way anyway.

Last edited:

vpance

To be honest, I am a bit wary of this as well.

I remember quite well how everybody was patting themselves on their backs like they do now here and today happily on REE after leaving "that shit site" (what was GAF for them back then) on to greener pastures, with the intention of creating something new and better.

I also remember the mass account suicides here of people leaving, with a lot of horrible insults thrown at Evilore.
I am sure a few of those who crawl back now were those who did that back in the day.

I hope those who come back do so minding what happened back then, and don't bring this ERA shit to here with them.

People just caved in to the knee jerk first reaction of what happened here. The site going down also didn’t help. But the mob was impatient and scared they’d lose their place to post about games anymore and left.

A lot of sane posters left out of fear of being judged. They knew the truth about Evilore and new Ree management but still went. Kinda sad but not surprising and representative of why social media is the way it is now.

nush

Yeah, we're not reliant on people returning from Reset at all. A new community has been built over the past three years which has become a desirable destination.

People seem to think there's only one pool of forum users that exists but it's always finding new blood to replace the old guard. What I like about the current iteration of GAF is that there is a much more active international membership than before.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
Sweet GAF nostalgia. This thread made me go hunt for my old GAF tees! I could only find 2 (we recently moved) and pretty sure I had like 5.

We should do more of these at some point. Maybe a "survived 2020 with NeoGAF" commemorative tee or something? I'd buy that for a dollar!

V8vqlxA.jpg

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Sweet GAF nostalgia. This thread made me go hunt for my old GAF tees! I could only find 2 (we recently moved) and pretty sure I had like 5.

We should do more of these at some point. Maybe a "survived 2020 with NeoGAF" commemorative tee or something? I'd buy that for a dollar!

V8vqlxA.jpg

Nice. I actually held a contest for new designs recently. A mix of classic and modern designs are available on our new merch shop on Threadless:

The t-shirts are great, I have several.

(Shout out to Nymphae Nymphae )

Ivan

Neogaf is heating up and I still cant see shit on mobile :(. Is there any way to make fonts bigger on mobile, browser settings still won't affect anything?

So glad it's going well btw...

MomoVideo

Banned
As someone who posts on both forums and tries to stay neutral (both forums have advantages and disadvantages, I know some will hate that comment), it's quite sad to see content being suppressed over there. It's a mistake and a bad look to prevent discussions of any kind and the drama over an OT is quite pathetic.

I wish this place would delete the politics sub-forum, it would really lead to a revival - focus on gaming and bullshit on OT, a place to escape.
So far the biggest issue I found on Gaf is that there is a lot of misogyny here. The topic where that youtuber girl got a job at Sony as a writer is a perfect example of it. You can disagree with Sony's decision, but spewing hatred towards the youtuber, just because she is a woman, is just wrong and I wish those posts were deleted.

So far the biggest issue I found on Gaf is that there is a lot of misogyny here. The topic where that youtuber girl got a job at Sony as a writer is a perfect example of it. You can disagree with Sony's decision, but spewing hatred towards the youtuber, just because she is a woman, is just wrong and I wish those posts were deleted.
Well you might as well get the wakeup call now: GAF differentiates itself by allowing users (like yourself) to reply to said misogyny and handle the offender on your own.

Expecting the mod team to clean up the things that you personally find offensive is where ERA shines.

Top Bottom