• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF is heating up!

nush

A message for EviLore EviLore , from a stranger individual, who doesn't speak English well:

After having witnessed the dictatorship established in the last 24 hours on the other forum regarding Cyberpunk, not only will I no longer frequent that inhuman sewer, but I will invite as many people as possible to join Gaf and stay on Gaf. This because freedom of expression and free debate cannot be compromised at these levels. Boycott that sewer. A community that silences, that does not accept any debate, that asks for money and gags you, well, it is a community that must disappear. Politically correct is destroying our lives. The sooner we understand it, the sooner we will learn to protect ourselves.

Stay on GAF, help GAF, grow with GAF!
tumblr_mh9j1vrRHZ1qlr028o6_250.gif

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
So far the biggest issue I found on Gaf is that there is a lot of misogyny here. The topic where that youtuber girl got a job at Sony as a writer is a perfect example of it. You can disagree with Sony's decision, but spewing hatred towards the youtuber, just because she is a woman, is just wrong and I wish those posts were deleted.

Ah you are banned already, using words like misogyny and TRANSPHOBIA usually mean you have nothing to add but repeating what others have told you to think anyway.

If a topic about a woman doing something normal would end up in "FUCK WOMEN, LOOK AT THIS DUMB BITCH" I would agree. But you probably meant a topic about some chick whoring herself out for likes on instagram. If a dude would get a following of hundreds of thousands just by posting photos of his bulge while sometimes talking about vidya games, he would get equally mocked. Stop putting everyone in groups.

Also men and women making fun of each other is as old as mankind, stop being such a sensitive baby.

Last edited:

Dunki

Ah you are banned already, using words like misogyny and TRANSPHOBIA usually mean you have nothing to add but repeating what others have told you to think anyway.

If a topic about a women doing something normal would end up in "FUCK WOMEN, LOOK AT THIS DUMB BITCH" I would agree. But you probably meant a topic about some chick whoring herself out for likes on instagram. If a dude would get a following of hundreds of thousands just by posting photos of his bulge while sometimes talking about vidya games, he would get equally mocked. Stop putting everyone in groups.
Ok Here I disagree. What is so bad about this? If people love to show off. (Meg Turney for example) and also making tons of money. Who cares except the people who are jealous? No one is hurt by the likes of Onlyfans or Patreon. If people are happy doing this why not let them and just ignore them?

If this is the reason people had problems with Alanah PearceI think this reason is really stupid.

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Ok Here I disagree. What is so bad about this? If people love to show off. (Meg Turney for example) and also making tons of money. Who cares except the peopel who are jealous? No one is hurt by the likes of Onlyfans or Patreon. If people are happy doing this who not let them and just ignore them?

If this is the reason people had problems with Alanah PearceI think this reason is really stupid.

Reported for disagreeing!

But I get what you mean, if they are honest about it I don't mind. But Alanah Pearce for example is nominated for CONTENT CREATOR at the Geoff Keighley awards by Geoff Keighley, for Geoff Keighley. Then it rubs me the wrong way.

Bergoglio

Cheers. The way they've just treated @Black Chamber is reprehensible, for someone who did so much work for their benefit. Over here we're not going to tolerate that kind of hysteria and witch-hunting, and we appreciate people who are positive and constructive. Your English is great, btw.
You used the best term you could use. Hysteria. They reminded me of stalinist coercivity. I want nothing to do with them. I attended only specific OTs, I had been waiting for this game for a lifetime, I could not wait to discuss it but within a few hours I saw personal posts disappear and users banned.

I attended that forum in specific sections, only recently I have seen the political area. My God I felt suffocated. Log out.

Ok Here I disagree. What is so bad about this? If people love to show off. (Meg Turney for example) and also making tons of money. Who cares except the people who are jealous? No one is hurt by the likes of Onlyfans or Patreon. If people are happy doing this who not let them and just ignore them?

There's a vast canyon between "I wouldn't personally make that joke" and "I don't think anyone should make that joke", and by extension there are things I am bothered by but that doesn't mean everyone should be bothered by them. If I'm picking up Coolwhhip Coolwhhip 's message, let people mock who they will, jump in and throw back the insult if you wanna, but we don't need to frame a bunch of artificial meta-rules as to what is or isn't acceptable banter (i.e. tone policing).

Last edited:

Dunki

There's a vast canyon between "I wouldn't personally make that joke" and "I don't think anyone should make that joke". If I'm picking up Coolwhhip Coolwhhip 's message, let people mock who they will, jump in and throw back the insult if you wanna, but we don't need to frame a bunch of artificial meta-rules as to what is or isn't acceptable banter (i.e. tone policing).
Oh of course not. Thats why I also whould not ban a person who is saying this. I just think it is a really stupid reason to get upset about.

Alanah Pearce for example is nominated for CONTENT CREATOR at the Geoff Keighley awards by Geoff Keighley, for Geoff Keighley.
Personally I did not know her much before Cyberpunk but her Content and discussions are pretty entertaining. So why not? she is also not a SJW person who cries always for help and is saying that she is soo opressed while linking to her patreon. She definetly made an Impact this year. So I think she is kind of justified here. But thats me

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Oh of course not. Thats why I also whould not ban a person who is saying this. I just think it is a really stupid reason to get upset about.

Personally I did not know her much before Cyberpunk but her Content and discussions are pretty entertaining. So why not? she is also not a SJW person who cries always for help and is saying that she is soo opressed while linking to her patreon. She definetly made an Impact this year. So I think she is kind of justified here. But thats me

This is a good example of what a forum is about, you made me think :messenger_ok:

I will never be able to deal with people that are attention seeking on social media though, she also made a huge post about which genders she likes to bang. Have some self respect but eh.

Dunki

Here I feel free to express myself, I didn't think I had to say it in 2020.
When you actually have to think out of fear if its ok to post or not then there is something really wrong. This is when people should maybe start thinnking that there is something wrong here.

I will never be able to deal with people that are attention seeking on social media though, she also made a huge post about which genders she likes to bang. Have some self respect but eh.
So she is horny as well? Good for her. ^^

To me personally its only a problem if people presure you into these thinks. Like calling your Transphobic when you are saying that you will not date a trans person after transition etc.

Last edited:

Bergoglio

When you actually have to think out of fear if its ok to post or not then there is something really wrong. This is when people should maybe start thinnking that there is something wrong here.
Undoubtedly. When we express ourselves with respect and acceptance I believe it's possible to talk about anything. Tell me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

ksdixon

[QUOTE="La tua coscienza, post: 26145]Stay on GAF, help GAF, grow with GAF!
I miss when GAF had more industry professionals, real leakers, and reguarly broke news themselves.

In the era where 1 tweet can cancel someone or a brand, you probably don't want your employees to openly post on any forums. Sad, but true.
[/QUOTE]

That's a good point tbh. Though one would hope that GAF is at least gaming focused and somewhat less public when compared to Twitter where people can just be toxic without even being interested in games.

Bergoglio

Anyway, I think if Microsoft with xbox is successful again in the next few years, this forum will put its servers to the test like PS3/360 era. Can't wait.

Last edited:

Reckheim

Here I feel free to express myself, I didn't think I had to say it in 2020.

truth be told, that ERA (lol) is long gone. With the advent of social media its safer to post a leak on the likes of 4chan then anywhere else.

there aren't too many 'leakers' left on era either.

You guys suck at quoting.

happy? it takes too much effort sometimes.

Last edited:

llien

A message for EviLore EviLore , from a stranger individual, who doesn't speak English well:

After having witnessed the dictatorship established in the last 24 hours on the other forum regarding Cyberpunk, not only will I no longer frequent that inhuman sewer, but I will invite as many people as possible to join Gaf and stay on Gaf. This because freedom of expression and free debate cannot be compromised at these levels. Boycott that sewer. A community that silences, that does not accept any debate, that asks for money and gags you, well, it is a community that must disappear. Politically correct is destroying our lives. The sooner we understand it, the sooner we will learn to protect ourselves.

Stay on GAF, help GAF, grow with GAF!

Papacheeks

Banned
Cheers. The way they've just treated @Black Chamber is reprehensible, for someone who did so much work for their benefit. Over here we're not going to tolerate that kind of hysteria and witch-hunting, and we appreciate people who are positive and constructive. Your English is great, btw.

guess I missed that? What happened? DId he/she want to have a Cyberpunk review thread and Reset went nutts? Sorry I came in this thread late yesterday.

John2290

No, you better hope ERA stays alive so they all don't suddenly flood the internet and cause chaos and madness elsewhere, maybe even here. Right now they are quarantined and hopefully they slowly bleed out and organically become aware of the pen of insanity that they are playing around in.

To all the repatriated ex-pats, I say this with all disrespect: you have got to be some kind of fucking idiot to have knowingly, and voluntarily, posted on ResetEra.

Or worse, you were some kind of scenester and it just didn’t pan out.

Either way, if you’re looking for some hero’s welcome because you pulled your head out of your ass, get fucked.

If it’s any consolation I left GAF before the reee site crap happened because this Site was similar to what reee is now.

just glad to see it’s turned round and a great place to post again like it was when I first joined.

nush

No, you better hope ERA stays alive so they all don't suddenly flood the internet and cause chaos and madness elsewhere, maybe even here. Right now they are quarantined and hopefully they slowly bleed out and organically become aware of the pen of insanity that they are playing around in.
Agreed. Many people already recognize that it needs to exist as a containment chamber for this kind of behavior.

tfzCVPB.jpg

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
guess I missed that? What happened? DId he/she want to have a Cyberpunk review thread and Reset went nutts? Sorry I came in this thread late yesterday.

Short story, he made the OT for a game the nothings at Era want to kill so they triggered a classic cancel mob witch hunt and began to dredge his Twitter for reasons to ban him. Found that he is on the wrong side of history, banned him for it, then instituted a new rule where the members are to use off site resources to hunt down anyone on there who might be a conservative and kill ban them for it.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Short story, he made the OT for a game the nothings at Era want to kill so they triggered a classic cancel mob witch hunt and began to dredge his Twitter for reasons to ban him. Found that he is on the wrong side of history, banned him for it, then instituted a new rule where the members are to use off site resources to hunt down anyone on there who might be a conservative and kill ban them for it.

Haha for real? Holy fuck they are pathetic.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

Black Chamber had been working on an epic Cyberpunk official thread for Reset. The activists there have decided that even looking forward to Cyberpunk is Problematic, however, and that he needed to insert a bunch of activist language into his thread and should be publicly shamed for putting in that effort on behalf of their community, as they've decided for no reason that Cyberpunk and CDPR are transphobic. They pressured him into volunteering for a one month ban as penance for authoring the official thread, and all the while became increasingly hostile toward him. The lunatics there started scouring through his social media and found a silly political joke from years ago, decided on their own that this joke proved that he was a secret Trump supporter (and therefore an evil Nazi bastard). All this after three years of making official threads for them.

He has since defected to the land of freedom and sanity. Reset's general manager literally posted an official staff communication calling him names and another post promising to scour the social media history of anyone contributing to their site in the future to search for thought crimes. I shit you not.

Dunki

Haha for real? Holy fuck they are pathetic.
They also sabotaged every Cyberpunk thread with constantly antagonizing people being excited about the game and just wanting to talk about it. Everyone who ignored them got basically reported. When they asked for a statement of Chamber if trans people are welcome in the OT he answered with EVERYONE is welcome and that they make sure they are. But this was not enough so they shared Private messages of his Conversations with one of their leaders. Basically dooxed him on social media to find every little peace of Dirt to permanently remove im from Resetera. While also played the victimrole how they are the victims and how it was totally fine to share his private PMs. etc.

nush

No lies detected. This is from the general manager of Resetera.

Ds7kKRS.png

Papacheeks

Banned
Black Chamber had been working on an epic Cyberpunk official thread for Reset. The activists there have decided that even looking forward to Cyberpunk is Problematic, however, and that he needed to insert a bunch of activist language into his thread and should be publicly shamed for putting in that effort on behalf of their community, as they've decided for no reason that Cyberpunk and CDPR are transphobic. They pressured him into volunteering for a one month ban as penance for authoring the official thread, and all the while became increasingly hostile toward him. The lunatics there started scouring through his social media and found a silly political joke from years ago, decided on their own that this joke proved that he was a secret Trump supporter (and therefore an evil Nazi bastard). All this after three years of making official threads for them.

He has since defected to the land of freedom and sanity. Reset's general manager literally posted an official staff communication calling him names and another post promising to scour the social media history of anyone contributing to their site in the future to search for thought crimes. I shit you not.

Holly fucking shit. My god. I really feel bad for everyone involved even deluded people over at Reset. Way to take the high road in being a Site moderator over at Reset by showing that as long as your on one side with authority you dont have to be an example of good posting. The people who run that site I actually feel sorry for them. The next couple years with research I've been hearing about comes to fruition it's not going to be good to have that one way outlook.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

These people are deranged.

This is not normal.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
They also sabotaged every Cyberpunk thread with constantly antagonizing people being excited about the game and just wanting to talk about it. Everyone who ignored them got basically reported. When they asked for a statement of Chamber if trans people are welcome in the OT he answered with EVERYONE is welcome and that they make sure they are. But this was not enough so they shared Private messages of his Conversations with one of their leaders. Basically dooxed him on social media to find every little peace of Dirt to permanently remove im from Resetera. While also played the victimrole how they are the victims and how it was totally fine to share his private PMs. etc.

A literal cult.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
A bunch of unemployed and underemployed immature and troubled jagoffs digging through your social media - over a discussion forum.

Woof. I can't believe people still post there after that. Well, I should qualify that: I imagine most users don't care and will never even bother to click on the crybully thread by Kyuuji - but those who do, and decide to stick around? It's their own fault when those cruel ghouls start harassing them offsite.

Dunki

Wtf is wrong with them, digging old personal social media. That's some witch hunt 🤷‍♀️
people got canceled for 20 year old tweets on social media. But it only goes for one side of the political spectrum. If this happens to a person they like they will defend their actions, tweets and statements.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
people got canceled for 20 year old tweets on social media. But it only goes for one side of the political spectrum. If this happens to a person they like they will defend their actions, tweets and statements.

Well Twitter's only been around for about 11 years, but that's true. Something someone posted in 2009 or 2010 is now weaponized ammo a decade later.

Elcid

Banned

EviLore EviLore right now watching the stats on the site grow
tenor.gif

No lies detected. This is from the general manager of Resetera.

Ds7kKRS.png
Hypocrites. They dig up people's social media unless of course it's Shinobi, then they bury it.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber

Probably 90% of the early Twitter adopters were in 2008/2009. Before then people used MySpace and Digg.

Hypocrites. They dig up people's social media unless of course it's Shinobi, then they bury it.

It's 100% fascism to destroy the 50% of the country that doesn't think the same way they do. It's happening everywhere. Wait for it, the "reeducation camps" are next.

Last edited:
Top Bottom