• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF is heating up!

Just checked CP77 thread in that place:

OEQmtj8.png
That site needs to be nuked from orbit.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
The thing that I keep seeing posted over and over there repeatedly is that GAF is a nazi website. Where did this even come from? I don't understand what the fuck they are even talking about.

ANyone who dismisses which means not being in on part of the movement over there is a nazi. If you just want to talk about games you cant. Anyone on here is a nazi. The fact shugga is saying this when people are telling him/her that you can't just throw that around is telling of the implosion happening at the moment. It's like they don't even know what a nazi is. My ancestors and great grand father were all war veterans many of which fought in WWII.

If they were alive to see this word being thrown around for being a member of a message board talking about video games they would al have strokes.

I left gaf in the split. I went to Era as soon as they let me make an account. Today is the first day that I've logged into my gaf account since. It is absolutely insane and bullshit that Karak got banned. I consider myself an ally of the trans community. The people I know who are members of that community in real life consider me an ally. But what's going on over there is nuts.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Such a stupid fuckin attitude. I regard myself as Liberal and Left leaning and I think a lot of users on this site are the same.

Resetera has just lost the plot at this stage. For some reason it's insanely popular but I have no idea why
There are lots of looney bigots out there. I can't imagine it will last much longer at the rate they have been going down.

I left gaf in the split. I went to Era as soon as they let me make an account. Today is the first day that I've logged into my gaf account sense. It is absolutely insane and bullshit that Karak got banned. I consider myself an ally of the trans community. The people I know who are members of that community in real life consider me an ally. But what's going on over there is nuts.
It is unfortunate that in today’s time the first interaction people have with members of the LGBTQ community (and other minority groups) is done over the internet. It seems often it isn’t the best representation of the group.

That’s not including people who are pretending to be something they aren’t for the sake of internet cred.

cormack12

Gold Member
MOOOOAHHHHHHH bans - moderation is clearly compromised over there. The figureheads are not running the show as they should be. It becomes cleaer with each passing hour. They are a PMC - private moderation company LLC. serving the interests of their benefactors

SzCwGD.jpg

htcBJu1.gif

Why is no one tagging Cerium? Why is no one going to the source, he is laughing at them like Scrooge McDuck

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Reckheim

I left gaf in the split. I went to Era as soon as they let me make an account. Today is the first day that I've logged into my gaf account since. It is absolutely insane and bullshit that Karak got banned. I consider myself an ally of the trans community. The people I know who are members of that community in real life consider me an ally. But what's going on over there is nuts.
yeh, its actually shocking what's going on over there now.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
The only thing ResetEra had going for it was the leaks at the initial split.
Their actions scared away most insiders and all they have left is the "journalist" circle jerk and a couple devs that are likely contemplating leaving due to the craziness.

Moogle11

Banned
Such a stupid fuckin attitude. I regard myself as Liberal and Left leaning and I think a lot of users on this site are the same.

Resetera has just lost the plot at this stage. For some reason it's insanely popular but I have no idea why

Yep. I think part of it is just ignorance and part of it is that things can seem to lean to the right on here as a lot of liberals like me fled Era ages ago (or recently) as we just want to talk games and not all the political and social issue BS. Thus we stay out of those types of topics. I for one have no interest in every discussing, much less arguing, politics, social issues etc. with randos online ever again. Wasted too much time on that in my teens through 30s and cut that shit out as part of my efforts to scale back time wasted online when I hit 40 a couple years back. If I'm going to waste time online it's at least going to be on fun stuff!

Yellow Yoshi

Neo Member
Yeah, Karak being banned is not only very radical but also a "bad PR" move, I think.

It's not that banning popular people is bad (if they deserve it, they deserve it), it's banning them for flimsy reasons.

teezzy

Banned
MOOOOAHHHHHHH bans - moderation is clearly compromised over there. The figureheads are not running the show as they should be. It becomes cleaer with each passing hour. They are a PMC - private moderation company LLC. serving the interests of their benefactors

SzCwGD.jpg

Jesus. Their response to everything is banning people. They have no idea how to handle genuine unfitltered discourse.

Sep-07-2016%2023-18-53-thumb-700x518-199731.gif

MAINTAIN THE STATUS QUO OR ELSE... and they're the "progressives"... right

Go back to Target, Nepenthe. Your boss told me there's a clean up in aisle 12.

mr.dilya

Banned
I really hate all this “ally” shit.

I’m not trying to be anyone’s ally. The only people I pledge allegiance to are those who are within my immediate circle of family and friends. I wish everyone else the best. I’m not your ally simply because of your skin color, sexual orientation, or gender. Sorry.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!

SzCwGD.jpg

Imagine letting someone like Nepenthe bark at you like that.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
During the election aftermath GAF was spicy af, but that's mostly settled into everyone kind of staring at the dumpster fire.

Era has *completely* lost their fucking minds, though. This is legendary internet meltdown type stuff.
Sad thing is, is how many Reeees there still are and they are ALL batshit psycho. That is scary that THAT many people all have the same F-up views.

It is unfortunate that in today’s time the first interaction people have with members of the LGBTQ community (and other minority groups) is done over the internet. It seems often it isn’t the best representation of the group.

That’s not including people who are pretending to be something they aren’t for the sake of internet cred.

I spoke to a transfriend about this at length last night while playing Cod. Not the Karak thing specifically but what was going on. And they agreed with me that pounding people over the head with you message every 30 seconds without giving it time to sink in isn't how you gain friends it's how you piss people off.

It was so bad she didn't believe me when I told her what was happening. She isn't a member so I sent screenshots to her and she was floored.

I understand there is issues with how CDPR has delt with trans issues. That isn't in question to me. But every damn topic and every other post doesn't need to talk about it. And it seems like Karak got banned because 1 he posted here (which might get me banned but f'it I don't care) and 2 he didn't denounce the transphobia enough. Which is totally fucked up.

Ironically, this post makes you sound more like a ResetEra poster than anyone else. Congrats on the massive self own, pin head!

Miller, Miller, "pin head"?

How selective of you. And two times in a row, even.
"Tranny" - the shock, the horror!
"Pin head" - Business as usual.

Yesterday you were more prolific with insults,

(....)the dipshit ignore button?

Night night, cloth head.

One of these days you and Miss Consistency will have to go on a date. Take her somewhere nice.

Gloomnivore

Cyberpunk 2077 will be a massive success and ResetEra will continue to attract thousands.

Which is why the agitators are pissing in the wind. If they stepped outside, they’d see their worlds haven’t changed one bit because of Cyberpunk 2077. They oppress themselves more than anyone else ever could.

Moogle11

Banned
I really hate all this “ally” shit.

I’m not trying to be anyone’s ally. The only people I pledge allegiance to are those who are within my immediate circle of family and friends. I wish everyone else the best. I’m not your ally simply because of your skin color, sexual orientation, or gender. Sorry.

Same, other than I do vote and donate to try to help those less fortunate (regardless of race, orientation yada yada yada) as my wife and I are quite lucky financially and in general. But otherwise I learned long ago that life is a lot easier and happy if you largely just focus on your social circle and things that directly affect it. Too much bad shit in the world you have no control over. Focusing in on that leads to anxiety, depression etc. and ResetEra is a prime example of people who ruined their mental health and lives by focusing on that crap too much.

Yeah I got temp ban a couple years ago multiple times for having a differing opinion. I finally got permabanned after losing my shit and making fun of a girl in news story they posted, named 'Dirreah' or something like that. I said 'WHY would someone name their kid after a horrible bodily function' I got banned for being insensitive or some stupid shit like that. Glorious.
You truly are evil!

Sad thing is, is how many Reeees there still are and they are ALL batshit psycho. That is scary that THAT many people all have the same F-up views.

Judging from the total meltdown and migration from Era, I'd say it's more like a select few were controlling the narrative and suppressing all other voices.

Yeah I got temp ban a couple years ago multiple times for having a differing opinion. I finally got permabanned after losing my shit and making fun of a girl in news story they posted, named 'Dirreah' or something like that. I said 'WHY would someone name their kid after a horrible bodily function' I got banned for being insensitive or some stupid shit like that. Glorious.

Ok that's way more ridiculous than my permaban (arguing Islamic countries had more instances of religious violence objectively, and positing why). Either way, what a joke of a mod team they had.

Last edited:

-Shodan-

Neo Member
Honestly, I would never equate the Trans community to the lunacy happening in RE.
I'm in a similar situation as yours, and never once IRL I met people with the same bizarre view of the world.

It's concerning that for many people that's the way they first experience interactions with communities such as LGBTQ. Part of the subsequent distrust, misunderstandings, and in general dismissals are inevitable, that way.

Having started to come back here in the past week or two it's already astoundingly refreshing to experience a place of free speech, where one can talk their mind - if respectfully and in accordance to the ToS - without incurring in the rage of some deranged individual, with the site staff appealing to some dogmatic, non-written rule to stop any possible problematic dialogue in the tracks, flying the banner of some made up safe space at the cost of basic common sense.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
I think we need to be better and show that place what true respectful discourse/Discussion looks like. The fact that nobody here will be banned for having an opinion should be a red flag in how they are moderating/treating people at that site.

Silencing opinions doesn't help your movement or the LGBTQ, all it shows is you are not tolerant. ANd for a movement to grow or have some kind of new progress made you have to be tolerant. History has shown this with Minority's, Gay community ect.
Gay rights and Civil rights didn't happen over night. And we are in a new era no pun intended of discourse where talking behind a monitor and keyboard is not the same as directly talking to someone face to face.

Labeling people as Nazi's regardless of your hardships as a person either it be gay, trans, minority foreign or domestic will not make you feel stronger or ignite people to flock behind you to understand your plight.
Being open minded, and accepting of different opinions/religion/race for discussion is the way to go. It's how democracy works. Losing your shit over a piece of fiction that is meant to be a fantasy for you to escape in and tell a story isn't going to help you or your fight for equal rights.

It's sad that no one understands this over there. It's sad that they don't realize why people criticize them, even the GAY community is very vague in some groups on whats is going on with social media and the transgender movement.
If there are holes easily poked because there's not enough research and data on the subject so people can get correct help/healthcare for what ever it may be(transitioning ect). Then that should be a indicator that more open discussion is needed for more understanding, more research to basically help have better acceptance.

I wish everyone to be safe, and hope everyone the best from both community's.

Last edited:
Fuuuck I love this movie too much

I just went down a rabbit hole at work of Blade Runner stuff, and now I'm even more hyped for Cyberpunk 2077.

Scenester or shithead? For you, I'm going with both.

I'm pretty proud of the shithead title personally.

Shame you have a Johnny Mnemonic avi, one of my favorite films. If only you didn't seem like a complete ass.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
I think we need to be better and show that place what true respectful discourse/Discussion looks like. The fact that nobody here will be banned for having an opinion should be a red flag in how they are moderating/treating people at that site.

Silencing opinions doesn't help your movement or the LGBTQ, all it shows is you are not tolerant. ANd for a movement to grow or have some kind of new progress made you have to be history has shown this with Minority's, Gay community ect.
Gay rights and Civil rights didn't happen over night. And we are in a new era no pun intended of discourse where talking behind a monitor and keyboard is not the same as directly talking to someone face to face.

There's an entire group of people who don't know how to deal with being wrong, or handle people disagrreing with them. And it's because they put everythign into identity and virtue. It's very easy to get people to agree with you with extreme takes so you be as extremisst as you want with language, but where there is nuance, they don't have any actual intelligence to have a discussion so they double down on what has worked for so long, appeal to virtues.

Like Tim Schafer in this clip saying 'fuck white supremacists'

Who is actually going to disagree with that on any wide scale? Not many people. Same as saying 'You're an asshole if you beat women'. In most cases (barring exceptional cases of ssutained abuse), most would also agree with that and let it slide. But when it becomes a bit mroe grey and people are like 'whoa, hold up a bit', like for example posting on a messageboard makes you a nazi.....they have nothing to argue with because they realise how stupi they are. On the flip side they are so tied to these online persona's that they've built up in the communities (as being always right, correct, virtuous) that they cant step down and lose face. So their only option is to double down on the insults and hope the volume of their sycophants drowns out contrary viewpoints.

They are the most dangerously stupid people on the internet, and easily the most susceptible to radicalisation.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
i remember chatting with people for hours defending the trans community even though i have literally encountered a single trans person in my life. ive always wanted to stick up for the little guy, but in the past years ive seen them go from the little guy to bullies cancelling people and they have completely lost me as an ally. Now i find myself defending billionares like JK Rowlings and multimillionares like Dave Chappelle instead of the little guy.

I really hope they change their tune because trans folks do need our help, support and sympathy but if they keep this up they will lose us forever.

Papacheeks

Banned
Papacheeks Papacheeks

That used to be a quality which went without saying on forums. The entire reason anyone is here is to have discussion. Shame.

Yup it's what a forum is for. Resetera is the only place that I was on that made me feel like shit all the time for having a opinion on video games/fantasy films, comic books. I grew up on comics not having the best family setup. i was never abused, but in my teens didn't really have a father in a meaningful way. So comics, video's, movies were my escape and got me into art. When I joined here 7 years ago I had a blast, then things started changing and it felt like I could not talk about things I enjoyed because other people's lives were being attacked.

If me having an opinion on the Marvel Cinematic Universe is a stain against your very being, then I would say you need some professional help and a hug.

Resetera literally made me feel like my child hood was shit, and that im a shit person for liking James gunn's films. Same with other directors like singer.

Or that I use to love Bill Cosby's old stand up. It's ridiculous, because censoring doesn't stop at certain posters who dont align with your so called rules of discourse.

ive always wanted to stick up for the little guy, but in the past years ive seen them go from the little guy to bullies cancelling people and they have completely lost me as an ally.
I hope it's a lesson that this specific attitude -- the desire to stand up for someone else and be an "ally" to some group or political org -- is what gets you led around by the nose if you let the sentiment get out of hand. Nothing wrong with wanting to help others but we are living through the results of people wanting to "help" others over the internet by censoring wrongthink, putting people in collectivist boxes, getting people fired, etc.

Top Bottom