• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF is heating up!

Senua

Gold Member
I’m half Aussie, half Londoner. I basically came out of the womb saying cunt. I’m pretty sure I quit GAF all those years ago because it got banned by the Reee crowd before they fucked off.

Cunts.

PSA for Americans: we don’t use the word cunt to refer to just women (if ever) like some of you might do, so please don’t think we’re being massively misogynistic here. Everyone gets called a cunt. Mostly other blokes.
It's crazy how offensive cunt is in the US, daft coonts

Heartkiller

I’m half Aussie, half Londoner. I basically came out of the womb saying cunt. I’m pretty sure I quit GAF all those years ago because it got banned by the Reee crowd before they fucked off.

Cunts.

PSA for Americans: we don’t use the word cunt to refer to just women (if ever) like some of you might do, so please don’t think we’re being massively misogynistic here. Everyone gets called a cunt. Mostly other blokes.
Cunt is such a great word too. Useful in so many contexts.

I despise all progressive language.

Ally, bad take, problematic, we must do better, yikes, dialogue, narrative....

Makes me shudder.
This.

After all, you advance progressism with ACTIONS in the REAL WORLD, not being a keyboard warrior on a nhice forum or Twitter (unless you have millions of followers).

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I know this has very little to do with NeoGAF / Reeeeee, but earlier this year on ESPN, Nick Wright essentially came out and said the entire NFL was racist for not drafting Lamar Jackson. He accused the Buffalo Bills front office explicitly as being racist for taking Josh Allen, a white QB.

Videogame insider Jeff Grubb said everyone who voted for Trump is a racist. Which means millions of minorities are racist and Jeff Grubb, some liberal white guy who makes a living in his house rather than working side by side with different people, knows what's in the hearts and minds of 70 million people he never met.

When are the people at Reeee going to wake up and realize they've embraced the mental illness that produced the Salem Which Trials/McCarthyism/The Red Guard?

UnNamed

Banned
Yesterday was our biggest day for average online user count since the migration to XF:

eCOZ3r4.png

It was me restarting the router and press F5...

giphy.gif

...now I need to buy another router.

So pretty much since all political leanings have extreme versions that many would consider crazy they lump everybody that disagrees with them as extremists. Is that about it? (Just to be clear while I may be a bit libertarian that does not mean I think things like drunk driving should be legal. Yes, there are literally libertarians that have that point of view.)

Extreme anything is bad. Extreme eating, drinking, hell; even extreme breathing will make you pass out.

The alt-right and left exist in my eyes to show people just how unhinged you look when you go to extremes with any viewpoint.

And as for the drunk driving thing; that violates libertarian principle #1: do what you want as long as it doesn't endanger others. Drunk driving 100% does.

dave_d

Extreme anything is bad. Extreme eating, drinking, hell; even extreme breathing will make you pass out.

The alt-right and left exist in my eyes to show people just how unhinged you look when you go to extremes with any viewpoint.

And as for the drunk driving thing; that violates libertarian principle #1: do what you want as long as it doesn't endanger others. Drunk driving 100% does.
Oh you should see it. There are literally libertarians that think you should be able to drink and drive as long as you don't crash since until you crash there's no victim. Yes, really.

dave_d

Oh you should see it. There are literally libertarians that think you should be able to drink and drive as long as you don't crash since until you crash there's no victim. Yes, really.
Oh, and I should bring up the whole sovereign citizen/freeman libertarians as well. (That's another example of extreme libertarianism.)

Well... as we say down South... God bless their hearts

Oh, and I should bring up the whole sovereign citizen/freeman libertarians as well. (That's another example of extreme libertarianism.)

Oh the ones who refuse to get a driver's license or anything government-related?

Yeah, there's even extremes of the most middle of the road view (libertarian).. nice pointing that out. Extremism can exist anywhere.

*I do love the videos of the guys giving cops shit for warrantless searches/questions though, if only to show people what their actual rights are and where they end

Last edited:

Ogbert

Cunt is such a great word too. Useful in so many contexts.

For example.

1) ‘What’s he like? Well, he’s a bit of a cunt.’ This is an average insult. Not as powerful as saying ‘absolute wanker’.

2) ‘You cheeky cunt!’ Either an endearment, whilst smiling. Or an expression of genuine surprise, if frowning.

3) ‘You CUNT’ emphasis on the noun - aggressive.

4) ‘YOU cunt’ emphasis on the pronoun - a weary expression of general disgust.

5) Cunt pronounced CAHNT - West Ham supporter.

NickFire

For example.

1) ‘What’s he like? Well, he’s a bit of a cunt.’ This is an average insult. Not as powerful as saying ‘absolute wanker’.

2) ‘You cheeky cunt!’ Either an endearment, whilst smiling. Or an expression of genuine surprise, if frowning.

We need an international curse summit. America will trade whatever it takes to appropriate the word wanker into our normal vocabulary. I could spend days just calling people wankers without it ever getting old for me.

dave_d

Well... as we say down South... God bless their hearts

Oh the ones who refuse to get a driver's license or anything government-related?

Yeah, there's even extremes of the most middle of the road view (libertarian).. nice pointing that out. Extremism can exist anywhere.

*I do love the videos of the guys giving cops shit for warrantless searches/questions though, if only to show people what their actual rights are and where they end
yeah pretty much but I think those 2 groups just use it as an excuse to not pay taxes. I do like it when they give cops a little push back as well.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member

Cunts.

How ya goin cunt? Aussie here. Yes, the internet is full of crazy cunts but no different to the usual cunts you meet in day to day life.

NeoGAF is the best as it's filled with funny cunts, not the cunt cunts you'd find over "there"

Cunts here want to read about games, politics, general world events and generally have a great time. It's the best cunt!

For example.

You missed "he's a cunt, but he's a GOOD cunt" - this man is a solid egg.

Cunts.

I never understood why people got so worked up over the word cunt. We call people dicks, dickheads, bellends, knoblickers, etc., too, and nobody has a problem with it (unless they're just averse to that sort of thing in general).

Carl2291

The thing that I keep seeing posted over and over there repeatedly is that GAF is a nazi website. Where did this even come from? I don't understand what the fuck they are even talking about.
It's a trap that nutjobs usually use to "win" an argument and feel better about themselves.

Label something as far right > Average Joe disagrees because X > Label Average Joe as far right > Dogpiles with no debate or discussion > Self righteousness > Repeat

People sat in echo chambers who likely don't have any real friends or social lives outside of small internet circles and don't actually have to encounter and socialize with people with different opinions, upbringings or life experiences. They hold no real emotional strength and struggle to understand how or why someone may disagree with them so they jump to immediate extremes when faced with adversity.

Such a stupid fuckin attitude. I regard myself as Liberal and Left leaning and I think a lot of users on this site are the same.

Resetera has just lost the plot at this stage. For some reason it's insanely popular but I have no idea why
I think its popularity stems from the fact that so much gaming news gets dropped there, and there are some users who are actually involved in gaming journalism/development. For me it became like a one stop shop for today's gaming news. Problem is it just keeps getting more unbearable. You literally must agree with the hivemind or you are toast.

I really hate all this “ally” shit.

I’m not trying to be anyone’s ally. The only people I pledge allegiance to are those who are within my immediate circle of family and friends. I wish everyone else the best. I’m not your ally simply because of your skin color, sexual orientation, or gender. Sorry.
They have taken the word "Ally" from meaning that you think they deserve the best in life and you think in a free society they should be able to chase their dreams and find happiness to you have to agree with every single fucking thing they say, regardless if its sane or not.
Thankfully most Trans people are just like us where they try to make ends meet financially, try to look after their family and friends and try to work out what the fuck the meaning of life is, unlike those mental cases over at Reee.

Topher

Gold Member
Last edited:

angelic

Banned
I dont know how resetera is not down to minus 10,000 users. I refuse to believe there are so many fucking cucks in the world. But then again after watching the absolute retards taking the knee in sports to the BLM terrorist groups, it makes more sense.

Buki1

I'm really happy that Gaf is growing.

But on the other hand, influx of people from the recent ban wave on era may damage current freedom of speech here. I mean, if you stayed on era till now and accepted their totalitarian rules all that time, you are not really that different from the rest of those tankies. Everyone sane knew era was a hateful garbage years ago, yet you all were ok with that untill you got banned? Better late then never I guess, but if you ever feel the urge to call someone a nazi/racist/homophobic because he doesn't agree with you about some petty gaming stuff, think twice - doing this virtue signalling is what turned era into radical cesspool that it is today. Do not destroy another community with your political views.

Also part of my family were killed by actuall nazis, so I know on personal level what nazis were and what nazis did. Using "nazi" to name everyone who didnt like TLOUII or someone who doesnt feel that Cyberpunk is transphobic (or other examples where era loved to throw term nazi around) makes you look really dumb in my eyes.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned

But on the other hand, influx of people from the recent ban wave on era may damage current freedom of speech here. I mean, if you stayed on era till now and accepted their totalitarian rules all that time, you are not really that different from the rest of those tankies. Everyone sane knew era was a hateful garbage years ago, yet you all were ok with that untill you got banned? Better late then never I guess, but if you ever feel the urge to call someone a nazi/racist/homophobic because he doesn't agree with you about some petty gaming stuff, think twice - doing this virtue signalling is what turned era into radical cesspool that it is today. Do not destroy another community with your political views.

Also part of my family were killed by actuall nazis, so I know on personal level what nazis were and what nazis did. Using "nazi" to name everyone who didnt like TLOUII or someone who doesnt feel that Cyberpunk is transphobic (or other examples were era loved to throw term nazi around) makes you look really dumb in my eyes.

Same, my ancestors have a huge lineage of people that all fought in WWI, WWII, Vietnam(my father). They use that word and dont know the difference between a nazi, and a neo nazi. Social media basically gave it a new meaning over night. You can't call people bigots because they voted for someone. You can't call people racists because people question the destruction and violence that groups of people within the movement are causing.

To not question things is really stupid. And looking at black chambers treatment over there literally trying to be hyped for a fucking video game. Has to literally be one of the stupidest things i've seen on the internet. Whats next? Harry potter film OT'S, HOGWARTS ACADEMY GAME OT, ROCKSTARS NEW GAME?
Where does the canceling end? You can criticize , like thats legit an honest thing you can do is criticize the games/studios short comings. But I mean to cancel OT'S and dig through peoples twitter history to find dirt? Using things like "we" as like your talking in third person about "us"? Who is we? Who is us?

You acting like someone was a terrorist cell within your organization? Like holly shit.
Back on topic, the only thing I hope for is Evillore has a handle on the influx of people defecting from reset. I truly hope there isn't someone literally trying to bring this place down. Freedom of civil discussion is getting far and few.
I'm glad Neogaf is back, hope we get better discussions after this debacle and have more respect and less hate trolling. Fun trolling with muppet meme's is acceptable.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member

Also part of my family were killed by actuall nazis, so I know on personal level what nazis were and what nazis did. Using "nazi" to name everyone who didnt like TLOUII or someone who doesnt feel that Cyberpunk is transphobic (or other examples where era loved to throw term nazi around) makes you look really dumb in my eyes.
GAF isn't going to be like it was ever again. I check the bans daily and there is righteous bans for left and right wing people. Just don't be a dumb cunt on the regular or low bar troll as a newcomer and you're fine.

Shmunter

TbDxgY.jpg

What a massive self inflicted loss. For anyone who doesnt know Karak is widely recognised as probably one of the best independent reviewrs on Youtube, I think he originally started years ago while on GAF. He runs a channel called ACG

Oh no, love this huggable guy.

Oh wait, banned over at Reeerar, lol who cares. The place is an asylum of depravity - yes, not saying anything new here.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Which dictionary exactly are you speaking of? Did you find one that fits your need? Because the definition I found is "Misogyny manifests in numerous ways, including social exclusion, sex discrimination, hostility, androcentrism, patriarchy, male privilege, belittling of women, disenfranchisement of women, violence against women, and sexual objectification". Or maybe I found the definition that fits my view, who knows :)

gp1eSaT.png

Misogyny is a hugely overgrown idea promoted by weak willed individuals that must find some reason to be oppressed since in general people tend to hate other people (or like) regardless of genitals or lack off.

Chiggs

I dont know how resetera is not down to minus 10,000 users. I refuse to believe there are so many fucking cucks in the world. But then again after watching the absolute retards taking the knee in sports to the BLM terrorist groups, it makes more sense.

True story follows.

I was standing in line at the Post Office in El Segundo, CA in early December of 2017, with a package I was sending to my brother for Christmas. In front of me were three late twenty-somethings: A fat girl with pink hair, her chunker Asian boyfriend and some third wheel that looked like Steve Urkel. They were huddled around the fat girl's phone, looking at a Hollywood Reporter story, and one that apparently referenced a "hot scoop" from everyone's favorite commie shitshow forum, ResetEra.

Fat Girl: "It's fucking awesome that the news picks up stuff from ResetEra."

Fat Guy: "They do it all the time, too. They had something on Variety last week."

Steve Urkel: "This forum is basically the video game version of Studio 54. Everyone wants to be a part of it because all the action happens here."

Now, after you're done digesting how fucking pathetic it is to be "proud" of a forum because some worthless hack of a writer, who apparently has no industry contacts, which forces them to lurk on ResetEra to nab scoops from pathetic "insiders," then hastily construct a poorly-written turd of an article to slap on THR.com before calling it a day, consider this:
  • A lot of the people who fled NeoGAF when all hell broke loose did so, because:
    • They're fucking weak
    • They're fucking pathetic
    • They're fucking nuts
    • They're scenesters
    • They just did what everyone else did because they can't think for themselves and wanted to be a part of the crowd
      • And possibly earn brownie points from the Woke Republic so they can turn it in for, I don't know, Ally merchandise?
And now, they're starting to filter back here. Yay?

Look, I'm happy for EviLore EviLore , who has gone to great lengths to make amends for the shit that the fucking insane NeoGAF moderators did to people here (myself included), and it's great that traffic is getting better and better, but I do have concerns about who is being let back in.

Ultimately, this is not my forum, so it's not under my control, but it would be a crying shame to see history repeat itself here, especially since the forum's leadership/moderator team have done a phenomenal job bringing this place back to life.

Guess we'll see.

Spot on. Great post.

I’m sure he sees the error. We all sometimes post without thinking first.

Thanks, but I meant what I posted, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it.

Last edited:

Shmunter

True story follows.

I was standing in line at the Post Office in El Segundo, CA in early December of 2017, with a package I was sending to my brother for Christmas. In front of me were three late twenty-somethings: A fat girl with pink hair, her chunker Asian boyfriend and some third wheel that looked like Steve Urkel. They were huddled around the fat girl's phone, looking at a Hollywood Reporter story, and one that apparently referenced a "hot scoop" from everyone's favorite commie shitshow forum, ResetEra.

Fat Girl: "It's fucking awesome that the news picks up stuff from ResetEra."

Fat Guy: "They do it all the time, too. They had something on Variety last week."

Steve Urkel: "This forum is basically the video game version of Studio 54. Everyone wants to be a part of it because all the action happens here."

Now, after you're done digesting how fucking pathetic it is to be "proud" of a forum because some worthless hack of a writer, who apparently has no industry contacts, which forces them to lurk on ResetEra to nab scoops from pathetic "insiders," then hastily construct a poorly-written turd of an article to slap on THR.com before calling it a day, consider this:
  • A lot of the people who fled NeoGAF when all hell broke loose did so, because:
    • They're fucking weak
    • They're fucking pathetic
    • They're fucking nuts
    • They're scenesters
    • They just did what everyone else did because they can't think for themselves and wanted to be a part of the crowd
      • And possibly earn brownie points from the Woke Republic so they can turn it in for, I don't know, Ally merchandise?
And now, they're starting to filter back here. Yay?

Look, I'm happy for EviLore EviLore , who has gone to great lengths to make amends for the shit that the fucking insane NeoGAF moderators did to people here (myself included), and it's great that traffic is getting better and better, but I do have concerns about who is being let back in.

Ultimately, this is not my forum, so it's not under my control, but it would be a crying shame to see history repeat itself here, especially since the forum's leadership/moderator team have done a phenomenal job bringing this place back to life.

Guess we'll see.

Spot on. Great post.

Thanks, but I meant what I posted, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it.
So you’re happy to excluded people based on difference of opinion? Not cool

Top Bottom