• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

maverick40

Got a bunch of game soundtracks recently: FFVII, VIII, IX, X, XIII-2 Plus, Xenogears, Parasite Eve I + II, Persona 3 Portable, Persona 3 FES and Persona 3. I've actually already had copies of most of those Squaresoft soundtracks for a decade or so, but only recently realized that they were bootlegs (doh!), so I replaced them with legit copies.

k4Iwgl.jpg

Got the Persona 3 artbook from a good friend for my birthday and requested the Famitsu Vita special from my local Kinokuniya. My Japanese sucks but I wanted to flip through it and it came with a Vita case.

PU8zel.jpg

New Fangamer shirts: Kid Icarus, Earthbound and Ocarina of Time.

51uqsl.jpg

New rucksack and kicks that coincidentally match. Really, really happy with these two.

mt5Yxl.jpg

My best "pickup:" got these for my birthday late last month from my partner. All time favorite comic series, seriously jazzed to have the hardbacks in my collection.

EDikxl.jpg

That binder is awesome! I hope we get something like that in North America. /wishful thinking

Wow that is an amazing collection of soundtracks. Where did you get them?

small but I decided to risk disappointment with these as they are blind boxed. Mr. Slave and Lemmywinks came thru to save the day though.

photo-e1341856780897.jpg

Missed posting my big purchase for the summer last month as I was busy with Anime Expo 2012. Just purchased a new 2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited a few days before my vacation and for the gaming enthusiast in me...named it after Totori from the Atelier series for several reasons :).

4543e37f.jpg

RkOwnage

I believe I just got trolled by Best Buy...

byCcGl.jpg

wUNKql.jpg

Hemmil.jpg

Where is the game? Lol...

I'm not even gonna complain, I got the B2G2 yesterday, so this is my bad karma, I'll let it go and let you all have a nice laugh.

missfuuchan

Neo Member
I picked one up on impulse today from WH Smiths for £5.99 and it comes with three packs of cards. They had the packs seperately, too, but I didn't ask how much they were.

I'd be up for some kind of trading thread if enough people are interested. :3

I'd be up for some trading goodness ^_^ the packs are £1.50 each btw :)

Binder is awesome. How much would you want for them to be shipped to the US in terms of US dollars?

The binders are $9.50 retail, so that + pp fees + shipping? :)

They are from Kidrobot. You can get them in places like Urban Outfitters, or local toy shops but honestly, if you are looking for certain characters, it's best to just purchase them outright on eBay as the blind box aspect of not knowing what you are getting is somewhat maddening.

Thanks guys, will look into it. Not sure typing in Mr Slave into ebay sounds all that smart, but what the hell.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Random assortment of awesome stuff I've just received. The GB Light and Turbo Express were tough finds but they are awesome. The Light is in exceptionally good condition. Looks almost brand new!

Wonderswan systems are easy to get, but Klonoa was a bit rare. Those other GBA Klonoa games were actually brand new too (got them both for $35). Now I have all versions of Rayman aside from the Jaguar release and it's nice to have Limbo in such great packaging!

The rest were random cheap pick-ups (well, the two Klaymen/Neverhood games weren't super cheap but it's nice having both on one system).

9ed4e43cb07dcc540c4a34910308cfbdcce11177.JPG

141c0c9ae2145f65b9c3317ce63ae3cf6b03c3ae.JPG

8e138a807cb21d0581de8c602bb1cf73f77a9a67.JPG

a34a257ec88057b9a83c3f61b7227a761a8af56c.JPG

I believe I just got trolled by Best Buy...

byCcGl.jpg

wUNKql.jpg

Hemmil.jpg

Where is the game? Lol...

I'm not even gonna complain, I got the B2G2 yesterday, so this is my bad karma, I'll let it go and let you all have a nice laugh.

Same thing has happen to me with Batman AC, I just went back and told them what the issue was and they gave me another copy.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Nice pick-up with Battle Royale. I've always been meaning to pick up a copy. This version reads better than the previous ones, too, I hear.
I posted about it a bit in the What are you Reading threads for both this month and last, but, without having read the previous edition, it still reads pretty awkwardly, and I kind of wish the book was just completely retranslated rather than reedited. Still worth reading though! It's really good.

kylej

Banned
My DIIV - Oshin limited vinyl lp finlly came in

IMG_0234.JPG

IMG_0237(1).JPG

#392/500
IMG_0238(1).JPG

when this is what you choose to put on your album release to hype it, I will listen to your music
IMG_0241(1).JPG

the vinyl itself is marbled blue
IMG_0243.JPG

IMG_0247.JPG

RkOwnage

Same thing has happen to me with Batman AC, I just went back and told them what the issue was and they gave me another copy.

They didn't have any other copies. Luckily I knew the guy working the CS counter and he opened a regular copy and gave me the copy inside.

I doubt if I had known the guy anything would have happened in my favor.

CD's, games, virtual games, etc.

0cNxl.jpg
Holy crap, Prodigy! Man, that takes me back. I don't think I have that album anymore but I used to listen to "Breathe" on repeat all the time and remember participating in some sponsored Yahoo group chat with Prodigy around the time they were promoting Fat of the Land.

Wow that is an amazing collection of soundtracks. Where did you get them?
A few different places. The Persona 3 soundtracks and FFXIII-2 Plus came from Play Asia, FFVIII,IX, Xenogears and Parasite Eve came from Square Enix's online store (North America) and FF VII and X came from Pix n' Love Publishing (European but they ship international).

I've debated getting these for awhile now. I just finished up my latest round of Batman Graphic novels, so maybe it's time I took the plunge on these.
They're a lot nicer than the previous paperback editions, so I definitely recommend tracking them down. It'd be nice if Boom did another reprint though, since there always seems to be demand for this series. Be careful about which hardback print run you get though, since they did the reprint it under a different label (subsidiary Kaboom) and the lettering on the spine is different from the first to second printings (if you care about not having a mixed collection - I personally don't).

Sethos

Banned
Some Noctua fans for my H100 and some Gunnar glasses. Yes, I never expected to pick up Gunnar glasses but I found some cheap demo models ( They are mint condition, except smudges ) and because I'm on some shitty medicine for my A-fib, I tend to get tired a lot and my eyes feel strained in front of the PC so I figured they'd help.

ihlB0tNbpeHcB.png

Coconut

Banned
Some Noctua fans for my H100 and some Gunnar glasses. Yes, I never expected to pick up Gunnar glasses but I found some cheap demo models ( They are mint condition, except smudges ) and because I'm on some shitty medicine for my A-fib, I tend to get tired a lot and my eyes feel strained in front of the PC so I figured they'd help.

You should go to a real doctor and get real glasses. If you have eye strain now and don't get corrective lens it will only lead to big problems later on. Gunnar glasses are complete bullshit.

I sold these to a buddy of mine at work
53D909B5.jpg

Bought this couch

FCFDA3C3.jpg

I got a Samsung 46inch 240HZ LED which is quite and upgrade from my Samsung DLP. Also bought a Sony Soundbar and Subwoofer.

F987FE53.jpg

DEBA8141.jpg

B103DD1A.jpg

Replaced the LoveSac with a Brown UltimateSac which was cheaper than getting a new cover for the Lovesac.

777509CA.jpg

Got my game for July

670B2F00.jpg

Sethos

Banned
You should go to a real doctor and get real glasses. If you have eye strain now and don't get corrective lens it will only lead to big problems later on. Gunnar glasses are complete bullshit.

I already have glasses dude, I have perfect vision in front of my computer. Eye strain caused by fatigue is normal, the yellow light works pefectly for that hence the program called f.lux is so popular. They just work as f.lux for every situation, don't see why that's complete bullshit.

Coconut

Banned
I already have glasses dude, I have perfect vision in front of my computer. Eye strain caused by fatigue is normal, the yellow light works pefectly for that hence the program called f.lux is so popular. They just work as f.lux for every situation, don't see why that's complete bullshit.

I'm just saying go talk to a doctor.

iNvid02

wrong, i've had mine for a while and they've been exceptional doing exactly what they advertise. if you just want the yellow light then flux does the job well too.

both are ideal for dealing with occasional eye fatigue which everybody has probably experienced at some point, however if the problem is regular eye strain then of course you need proper glasses

Finally got my hands on a boxed copy, new and sealed too!
rfHQz.png

Already have Machinarium on Steam but it was super cheap for the poster and soundtrack, Catherine and Syndicate in the same order because why not.
X0BWW.jpg

3 reasons to own a Wii.
68PYD.png

Dagon

I know, I know, it's trivial, but can we please get something put into the OP about resizing images.

I understand that a lot of people are probably pasting in straight from their camera phones but, man, these threads are getting wide.

DR2K

Banned
Status update on my job: The business closed down yesterday, but i reconciled with the manager. Still poor as shit, but I make it by.

Swapped my PS3 out for a Vita, Hard Case, Gravity Rush, and a 4GB card and am super happy. PSP games are from my old PSPgo.

IMG_0120 by dr2k, on Flickr

Booter

some super famicom and gameboy games

i had high hopes for libble rabble, loved the name. seems kinda bad hehe

sports games are always fun for when people come over. tetris 3 has 4-player and i just got the multitap so i had to.

pickups_jul10_2012.jpg

Top Bottom