• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

feel

1247o74.jpg

Bought another iPhone, my brother wanted one for a while so I gave him my 16Gb, and got a 32Gb.

WEGGLES

G-Fex said:
Since my local Play N Trade is closing in two weeks (FUCKING SUCKS :( ) They're selling everything 30 percent off even new games.

So I picked up a lot of good games I could find.

and for lol friday the 13th

TgOdsl.jpg
Mercs and The World is Not Enough were the shit.
Saw a mercs cabinet for sale locally for $200, was tempted to get it, but no place for it.

EDIT: how did I spell mercs wrong?

No45

ivMjF.jpg

GYi0l.jpg

0VozN.jpg

W6C82.jpg

Been a while since I've picked up any PSN games thanks to PS+, took the plunge on these before the sale ends (And Shooter because I'm behind with my Pixeljunk loving). :)

Yes Boss!

Yay! Super Mario Land in my 3DS. Awesome subtle use of 3D to mimic the feel of an old-school dot-matrix screen under plastic. Can't wait for Link's Awakening to go up!

ddaf0d63.jpg

EDIT: Zelda went up! Looks so awesome on the 3DS!

b4e8c0c0.jpg

JEKKI

isny said:
Yeah, but love stains are probably terribly hard to get out of that kind of cotton >.>
what kinda love stains??

I love ice cream, and I was able to get those stains out no problem

G-Fex

WEGGLES said:
Merks and The World is Not Enough were the shit.
Saw a mercs cabinet for sale locally for $200, was tempted to get it, but no place for it.

Fuuuu I always wanted a arcade cabinet. Even if I had to store it outside, I'd buy a big outdoor tent thingy to keep it out of weather.

Picked a few games I sold, stupidly, some time ago. All are repeat purchases except Final Fantasy Glad to have them back in the collection. Also got LA Noire, a friend is borrowing it, and Super Mario Land on the eShop.

photo-5-1.jpg

WEGGLES

G-Fex said:
Fuuuu I always wanted a arcade cabinet. Even if I had to store it outside, I'd buy a big outdoor tent thingy to keep it out of weather.
If it makes you feel better the cab was in rough shape, faded and I don't know if it was mercs inside, it just had mercs on the side/top art.

Yes Boss!

Some new arcade sticks for my collection! Actually got them a few months back but had them slow-boated to europe finally:

702cb53b.jpg

FUNKY colors! Definitely a unique one. It is waiting for all the Cave games to be ported to PS3:

4db74808.jpg

b3c6d0ae.jpg

Switched the ugly color buttons to all white to class it up:

b91097af.jpg

glaurung

Rufus said:
Oh come on, "make.believe"? Really?
They've had that catch phrase for a good few months now.

Where've you been?

Also, I am currently using the XB700 series at work. They are nice, though with this heat they do get a bit uncomfortable.

Edit: I wrote that they get uncomfortable with this head. I meant to say heat. Though my head is pretty ugly too.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I've purchased a shit ton of retro stuff very recently. Haven't snapped many photos yet, but here's one of the acquisitions.

sfc.jpg

LiK said:
stuff from the past few weeks.

Nice to see someone else pick up Akiba's Trip :)

Should have started my copy by now but E3 kinda took over these past couple of days. Hope to start it tonight or tomorrow in between Infamous 2.

Yes Boss! said:
Some new arcade sticks for my collection! Actually got them a few months back but had them slow-boated to europe finally:

702cb53b.jpg

FUNKY colors! Definitely a unique one. It is waiting for all the Cave games to be ported to PS3:

4db74808.jpg

b3c6d0ae.jpg

Switched the ugly color buttons to all white to class it up:

b91097af.jpg
I love your posts!

That V3-SE has an interesting color scheme. Reminds me of Hazama

Stubo

My first pick-up post! I've been buying cheaper games recently due to a reasonable backlog making me feel guilty. This is my haul from the last couple of weeks:

xOL5b.jpg

The 3 Dreamcast games were £5 in total, which I thought was a good price to bite at to grow my collection.

Should I go back for Ready 2 Rumble and Toy Racer? I only have vague memories of the demos.

LiK

Lemmy Caution said:
I see you imported Last Window? I really want to play that game on my DSiXL, but doubt it'll ever be released in North America. Where did you buy it from?

zavvi.com

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Nice to see someone else pick up Akiba's Trip :)

Should have started my copy by now but E3 kinda took over these past couple of days. Hope to start it tonight or tomorrow in between Infamous 2.

hah yea, kinda wish i got the preorder CD tho. i missed out on the initial shipment. :/

If you live in the Eastbay and don't go/haven't gone to The Cheese Steak Shop, you are a sad sap.

JOXj1l.jpg

Did not mean to order the collector edition

yefIyl.jpg

5FMnVl.jpg

The consistency in the way Levi's jeans are sized and cut varies too much (first world problem)

cJ0wfl.jpg

er3wAl.jpg

I had to make that platnium status before the year ended

W0GsOl.jpg

I've been off work for about a month and was in hospital for a bit so my money has been building up lately, I went wild and spent a shitload online. Of all the purchases I made I'm most happy about Suikoden I & II, I had them and stupidly sold them a year ago, now they sit proudly on my gaming shelf once again :D

0021a23c.jpg

4633a8ef.jpg

116ab8bb.jpg

ef0f4eb5.jpg

dd20cc6c.jpg

39c589d7.jpg

I did get some fine bargains: the PSP only cost £84.99 brand new and I snagged a couple of the DS games for £2 in Ebay auctions.

HELLA_MONEYZ said:
If you live in the Eastbay and don't go/haven't gone to The Cheese Steak Shop, you are a sad sap.

JOXj1l.jpg

Haven't been to one in a long time. Might try to go this weekend, seeing as there's really close to my place.

Auron_Kale said:
Haven't been to one in a long time. Might try to go this weekend, seeing as there's really close to my place.
I have one right down the road from my work. I have to exercise great restraint not to eat there weekly.

Sorry for the horrible pics, used the 3ds camera

The Sky Crawlers
HNI_0025.jpg

I found a couple of models that I fell In love with

From the Da Vinci Machines Series

Self-propelling Cart
HNI_0023.jpg

Paddleboat
HNI_0022.jpg

From Pathfinders

Da Vinci's Catapult
HNI_0024.jpg