• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

SnowWolf said:
Does anybody else REVEL in the bitter tears from stock images? One single post spawns dozens of butthurt replies :lol. Chill out, guys.

seriously. Having to scroll past a bunch of whiny posts and people quoting the stock images is just as annoying as the people who post them in the first place. I only with Pharmacy was here. His blowup would have been epic.

urge26

takotchi said:
I received these stinkers in the mail yesterday. It was that promotion for buying an HD-DVD drive for the 360. I didn't get a single movie I asked for. In fact, none of these were even on the rebate form. Smokin' Aces isn't even a regular HD-DVD, it's one of those combo discs. I'm keeping Billy Madison sealed because I hate Adam Sandler and I'm going to try to sell it or give it away.

DSC00044.jpg

The same thing happened to me yesterday, got Billy Madison, The Bourne Identity, Troy, Aeon Flux, and Blood Diamond. Confused but can't complain, the 360 add-on ran me 23 bucks.

Leopold

DSC00014.jpg

Postwar: A History of Europe since 1945

DSC00016.jpg

A History of the Arab Peoples.

DSC00018.jpg

Th World as Will And Representation.

Only history and philosophy-age here. :lol

Yixian

Banned
Barbancourt rum with a Trinidad Reyes and a Romeo y Julieta Petit Julieta

2u457w1.jpg

The cigars on their own

img0180kq5.jpg

Left to right: New blank journal in which to write my book, ER Series 1 boxset, The Snows of Kilimanjaro by Ernest Hemingway

img0182ho9.jpg

Dublin hurling jersey

img0183kr0.jpg

My first steth! Litmann's Cardiology III

img0185bh4.jpg

img0186hm4.jpg

MGS4 and camera aren't here yet :(

EDIT: looking at these pics makes it painfully obvious to me how much I need this new camera of mine.

Echoes

I am not supposed to do this (because I already have a 40 GB PS3) but I'm gonna get the MGS4 bundle. Just like that. For the sake of Kojima. (Edit: through a friend, he'll be getting an extra one)

God this game will sell millions of $$ and trillions of
cry.gif

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Theres nothing wrong with Jordan XX3s... Although I prefer the original black colorway and limited edition titanium blue colorways... X_X but the titanium blue ones go for $1000+ nowadays...

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Some deals and some new movies...

new1.jpg

"Used" Nyko Kama for Wii for $24.99 at Gamestop. They had four of them used already. Strange.

Brand new PS3 camera for $19.99 at a recovery sales store near me. Score!

new2.jpg

Vive Pinada and Saints Row for $3.98 and $9.99 respectively.

new3.jpg

Toy Soldier said:
23ku3o.jpg

The Queen B poster behind my major award. It's a big one, ~40x60". I've got a couple more of that size but I only have one other one on this room's walls, they're too damn big to find space for more.
Holy shit, how can I be the first one to point this out? Where the hell did you get the FRAGILEEEE lamp from A Christmas Story?

BobLoblaw

Banned
Stuff.jpg

Had to get ME since I intentionally skipped it on 360. Also, finally found a Rayleonard 03-AALIYAH model kit. Haven't painted it yet though. :D

Yes Boss!

Minotauro said:
Some deals and some new movies...

new3.jpg

Too bad you got banned as your taste is movies is stellar. Days is the second bet movie ever made...a damn shame you had to include the linklater in the same shot.

lupin23rd

Last pick-ups from May, might as well toss them in here. One more week in Japan! :(

D&D Collection w/RAM Cart (Saturn)
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones (GBA JP)

dd_fe.jpg

Illuminati said:
Holy shit, how can I be the first one to point this out? Where the hell did you get the FRAGILEEEE lamp from A Christmas Story?

I bought mine almost two years ago from the A Christmas Story House gift shop online. I've loved having it, and people seem to get a big kick out of it when they see it.

http://www.redriderleglamps.com

If you're at all interested in them, they're having a crazy sale at the moment. The 50" deluxe model (the one I have) is only $200, down from $250. The standard 45" model is only $100, half off the original $200 price.

They normally look a bit cooler, as you'll see on the site. In mine, the bulb that's inside the leg is dead - I just haven't taken the time to replace it yet. Apparently it's a very easy job, though, and it makes the leg look a lot neater.

Toy Soldier said:
I bought mine almost two years ago from the A Christmas Story House gift shop online. I've loved having it, and people seem to get a big kick out of it when they see it.

http://www.redriderleglamps.com

If you're at all interested in them, they're having a crazy sale at the moment. The 50" deluxe model (the one I have) is only $200, down from $250. The standard 45" model is only $100, half off the original $200 price.

They normally look a bit cooler, as you'll see on the site. In mine, the bulb that's inside the leg is dead - I just haven't taken the time to replace it yet. Apparently it's a very easy job, though, and it makes the leg look a lot neater.
Does it come shipped in the Fragile crate though? Seriously I would put that close by to the lamp on display as well.

Illuminati said:
Does it come shipped in the Fragile crate though? Seriously I would put that close by on display as well.

The cardboard box it comes in is a mock up of it, it has the signature FRAGILE stamped on it. :lol It looks great, that's the option I chose.

Deluxe-Boxes.jpg

I still have those boxes somewhere.

But, if you want to shell out a pretty penny (over $150 IIRC), you can actually get them to ship it in an actual replica of the crate in the movie.

Deluxe-Crate-small.jpg

Tokubetsu

suikodan said:
Got separated and had to sell the house and made quite some money so I decided to offer myself some stuff.

Here's the first pickup (some are from the end of May but whatever...). Parts two to four should come during the next weeks. :D

part1s.jpg

1- Hellgate London CE: I didn't plan on buying this game at first but when I arrived at the EBGames counter and saw this, it was a no-brainer... even if I end up not playing the game.

2- Wii Remote: Needed a 2nd one

3- The World Ends with you: My surprise pickup of the month. It's really a good game.

4- Cellphone: Since I will live alone, I don't have a need for a wired phone at my place. This cell will do and even connects to a wi-fi router for better reception. It's a Nokia 6301 and I'm happy that I can customize its background image.

5- iPod Touch 16Gb: I originally wanted a iPhone but didn't want to wait until it comes out in Canada so I bought the Touch to be able to type stuff on the go. Really neat machine and hopefully, I'll date the girl in the picture. ;)

Next week will probably bring a car, Ninja Gaiden 2, a red PSP and the HDDVD should arrive with the movies I picked up for almost nothing...

Holy shit, how was Hellgate 10 bucks? I'll bite at that price.

mjc

battleMAUS said:
tell me where!

Depends on if you want the single-sided sheet or double-sided. I've seen the single-sided at Spencer's and other places, but good luck finding the double-sided theatrical version for a decent price. I found one on eBay three weeks ago and I won it for $60; not bad but much more than the cost of usual posters.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
mjc said:
Depends on if you want the single-sided sheet or double-sided. I've seen the single-sided at Spencer's and other places, but good luck finding the double-sided theatrical version for a decent price. I found one on eBay three weeks ago and I won it for $60; not bad but much more than the cost of usual posters.

$60 is way too much for a poster D:

Raided EB games gamedays sale. Also stopped by rogers, their used game section is nice and fattened up for the june 2 for 40 :D

SA400011.jpg

-Small desk for holding the 360 wheel. driving games are so much better now. (the force feedback in sega rally revo is insane)
-500 gig trekstor external hard drive
-2 gig and 4 gig thumb drive
-2 more kegs, i'm going to build a pyramid out of these and put those puny little can pyramids to shame.
-SVR 07 CE- $10 through pricing error :D
-stuntman ps3 - $10
fantastic 4 - $10
Fatal inertia - $10
Bionicle - $5
house of the dead wii - $20
MGS collection - $30
R6V - $15
Elebits - $15

all new :)

P Blue Ribbon

Neo Member
Picked up a ps3, with the 100 gift card at wal-mart. Already have a ps2, and didn't want to pay an extra hundred for 40 gig of extra space. I'm using the gift card for a dualshock and mgs4. Bundle eluded.
jts8ap.jpg

Mighty Muggs - these are awesome, darth vader is coming.

sdod46.jpg

Memory foam is amazingly comfortable

2qn36l2.jpg

sorry for the crap cellphone pictures

Doc Evils

P Blue Ribbon said:
Picked up a ps3, with the 100 gift card at wal-mart. Already have a ps2, and didn't want to pay an extra hundred for 40 gig of extra space. I'm using the gift card for a dualshock and mgs4. Bundle eluded.

Welcome to the club. ^_^

JesusTom

It's been spend spend spend for this month

First off, the small pickups.
Got Green Wing series one for £5 (off a friend) and bought Prey for a fiver also.
Traded in GTA 4 for £30 and bought the rest
148jjh1.jpg

Also picked up an N64 for £50 (again off a friend) with two controllers and 12 games, great pick up
6i3zth.jpg

t8pvsn.jpg

Finally non-game related is my new bass amp and pedal, the most expensive pick up this month.
206fsqb.jpg

nc1qgp.jpg

Im broke but happy:D

Crappy Camera-phone pic, my sister's gone off to Portsmouth for a holiday with my camera without asking >=0

june08a.jpg

7 Dairy Milk Bars (£0.99, One Stop)
Battle Fantasia (PS3, £34-ish, Yes-Asia... my Valkyria Chronicles still didn't arrive...)
Volume 5 of My Heavenly Hockey Club. Ai Morinaga is consistently awesome.

FallenCow

Neo Member
Minotauro said:
new2.jpg

Vive Pinada and Saints Row for $3.98 and $9.99 respectively.

[/IMG]

Nice deals on some good pickups!

On an unrelated note... does anyone else think this Platinum Hits implementation is really shitty in terms of marketing? In the first place, I already hate that they redesign the boxes w/ "greatest hits", "players choice", etc., which makes it more annoying when I go back and pick up games that I missed to add to my collection. The way they've done it for 360 titles is just stupid. Why would you shrink the covers of the games? Less shelf presence and makes the covers really ugly! That's just shitty marketing!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just turned 18, 18 minutes ago! :D THank you big brother!

JbUUxMVKS.jpg

Top Bottom