• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Pokémon Tournament: Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Edition

Long story short I'm dropping.

EDIT: Wait, can you cut with a 3-2...?

EDIT2: FALSE ALARM I CAN PLAY, I CAN PLAY

EDIT3: To be more specific, I found AS in my wallet. :3

Lost 2-1 to backlot.

Both of the last two games were incredibly close, but that last game was just....insane. I started off way behind, due to him just completely outplaying me, but then came back at the very end. It ended up being his Rotom-W vs his Charizard at the end....and luck was not my mistress today. I take this part back. Although I missed both Hydro Pumps, his Char would have survived one easily, so luck really wasn't that big of a factor. Not that I was trying to take anything away from him to begin with. Insanely good games.

Congrats though man! Good luck in the rest of the tournament,

backlot

Lost 2-1 to backlot.

Both of the last two games were incredibly close, but that last game was just....insane. I started off way behind, due to him just completely outplaying me, but then came back at the very end. It ended up being his Rotom-W vs his Charizard at the end....and luck was not my mistress today. I take this part back. Although I missed both Hydro Pumps, his Char would have survived one easily, so luck really wasn't that big of a factor. Not that I was trying to take anything away from him to begin with. Insanely good games.

Congrats though man! Good luck in the rest of the tournament,

Good games! I scraped by after you stomped me game one.

Hi I'm Shark and I don't pay attention to the timer.

Will edit with results when this match ends.

EDIT: lost 1-2 GGs

Pay attention to the timer guys, don't let your Hydreigon Flamethrower a Gardevoir.

backlot

Pay attention to the timer guys, don't let your Hydreigon Flamethrower a Gardevoir.

This is why I always put my best moves at the top of the order. Just in case.

TY HawthorneKitty for winning. My tiebreaker needs it.

@backlot: Draco Meteor would've been worse! Had no idea that's how it works though. I was actually trying to switch to... I think it was Sylveon.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I lost to HawthorneKitty 2 - 1 in a set of intense games. That last crit will haunt me.

TY HawthorneKitty for winning. My tiebreaker needs it.

@backlot: Draco Meteor would've been worse! Had no idea that's how it works though. I was actually trying to switch to... I think it was Sylveon.
Damn, I thought the Goddess was smiling on me with that crit, but it looks like it was all for Shark.

That second battle was nuts though.

This is definitely the cause of some of my losses on Battle Spot I could have otherwise won

Azuran

Banned

Quite frankly, I expected better from the defending champ.

Quite frankly, I expected better from the defending champ.
To be honest, I spent my time watching videos of the Japanese version of Fossil Fighters: Frontier instead of getting my planned team together and practicing. There was also some anime thrown in, of course. So instead I just pulled a team out of my ass and winged it. ~

The best part is that I already have the babies bred. I just need to raise and EV train them, both of which are easy in ORAS.

>_________________________________________________________>

DaBoss

So instead I just pulled a team out of my ass and winged it. ~

The best part is that I already have the babies bred. I just need to raise and EV train them, both of which are easy in ORAS.

>_________________________________________________________>
Glad to see I'm not alone. Replace the anime part with Persona 4 Golden (New Game+).

And I think one of my Pokemon is at lvl 49 and is EV trained, but I can't be arsed to evolve it.

My first set of matches against MasterSheen had me using a Heatran with the default moveset (Sunny Day, Overheat, Flamethrower, and Round). I was just dumbfounded when I saw that it had the default moves, but then I just started laughing about it afterwards.

Firestorm

Won 2-0 against Azuran. Good games!It's a Top 8 cut. I believe 3 or 4 people at 3-2 will make it in.
Okay good, if I manage to pull through the next two matches then I can still cut if the tiebreaker gods favor me. Would require some damn good luck to do that though from a 1-2 position.

I'll probably grind out some practice matches tomorrow evening. My play tonight was ass.

Firestorm

Yikes. 2-1 in an incredibly close series against MasterSheen. Thought I'd lost. Got two tournaments to attend this weekend and he's makin me second guess my team now!

Won against CrimsonN0 2-1

He had a really cool team that completely threw me for a loop the first game. Had a lucky flinch round the last game that sealed the win for me, but they were great games all around.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
BlueMagic and I both forgot so I guess we'll both take a lost.
Edit: wait, I'm dumb, trying to contact now

BlueMagic

Just lost 2-1 against HawthorneKitty. So many flinches and paralyzing made the battles very intense, but they were awesome. GG.

Top Bottom