• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Pokémon Tournament: Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Edition

backlot

I just reviewed the battles from my first set against Cloggerdude earlier in the tournament and I think my strategy has evolved a lot since then. Looking forward to some good games!

Haha, well I actually convinced him to play it out anyway, because I didn't want to take the win like that.

I won 2-1 though, so nothing really changes. Great games Peg. That freaking Cradily was the bane of my existence.

backlot

Since the top 8 is decided, if you guys want to PM me which Pokemon you want, I'd appreciate it so I can start breeding.

Thanks, I sent you a PM.

Cloggerdude and I are planning to battle later tonight. I'd love to upload the battle videos afterwards as long as it's ok with him. I'll post my team then too.

lupinko

Oh please upload the battles, that's why I wanted to give out these prizes to begin with!

Anyway here is what is decided now:

Mew / Timid - Work Up
Lugia / Timid - Defog
Celebi / ??? - Metronome
Regirock / Jolly - Seismic Toss
Regice / Timid - Counter
Kyogre / Timid - Mimic
Rayquaza / Jolly - Mimic
Deoxys / Timid - Ally Switch
Ho-Oh / Jolly - Double-edge
Latias / Timid - Defog
Latios / Timid - Defog
Registeel / Careful - Seismic Toss
Groudon / Jolly - Body Slam
Jirachi / ??? - Body Slam

Remember Celebi and Jirachi aside, all have OT GAF and are shiny. These go to the winner and the runner up gets a full set of HA Legendaries from Dream Radar with the OT NeoGAF.

backlot

After three incredibly close games, Cloggerdude came out on top! Great games, man!

Game 1: TR9G-WWWW-WWXB-CDM8
Game 2: EBZG-WWWW-WWXB-CDQ7
Game 3: X6CG-WWWW-WWXB-CDR7

My only regret is not thunderbolting the Talonflame switch in at the end of game three. I saw it coming but I got scared and played it too safe.

My team was:

Raichu
Terrakion
Suicune
Charizard
Landorus
Bisharp

After three incredibly close games, Cloggerdude came out on top! Great games, man!

Game 1: TR9G-WWWW-WWXB-CDM8
Game 2: EBZG-WWWW-WWXB-CDQ7
Game 3: X6CG-WWWW-WWXB-CDR7

My only regret is not thunderbolting the Talonflame switch in at the end of game three. I saw it coming but I got scared and played it too safe.

My team was:

Raichu
Terrakion
Suicune
Charizard
Landorus
Bisharp

Yup, great games dude. Holy crap. There were so many parts, especially in that last game, that were predictions that could have went both ways on both sides. I'm going to have to rewatch that last game to see if the Overheat miss actually changed the outcome. Hate that it ended that way if so.

That being said, can I say how excited I am for the shiny Mew? Because I am freaking PSYCHED.

I would like to congratulate Cloggerdude for winning.

I would also like to congratulate backlot for being consistent.

Will watch the games later.

Azuran

Banned
Congrats on the win Cloggerdude!

Backlot, you're quickly going to turn into the Bills if you keep losing finals like that :p

fek

Congrats Cloggerdude, great job too backlot
My team was composed by these mons that 2 friends asked me to use: Mega Venusaur and Meowstic, and then I completed it with Tyranitar, Bisharp, Rotom-H, Conkeldurr
Wasn't able to finish the team in the first 3 rounds of swiss so I used: Klefki, Mega Kangaskhan, Gardevoir, Conkeldurr, Rotom-H, Ferrothorn

Oh, meant to post this earlier, but my team was:

Landorus-T
Thundurus
Suicune
Bisharp
Talonflame
Mega Kangaskhan

Landorus was definitely my MVP throughout the tournament, especially in the finals, since it was really my only check to Mega Charizard and that stupid freaking Raichu (who is even more annoying than Pegosaurus' Cradily). Mega Kangaskhan was obviously always a star as well.

Suicune and Thundurus never outright won me games, but they were always solid. Thundurus helped out with T-Wave spreading for sure. I never felt like Tailwind was a huge win factor for me, but Suicune being so tanky was definitely a plus in most of my matches.

Bisharp was pretty much my biggest let down. I only used him twice the whole tournament and he basically had no real impact even then. I really wanted to replace him with Choice Specs Hydreigon, but I wasn't able to get its Happiness up enough for Draco Meteor until after the Top 8 had already started. I was pretty sure we were locked into our teams at that point, and didn't really want to chance breaking the rules, so I just left him. He's definitely getting replaced for the NuggetBridge tourney.

Honorable mention goes to Talonflame, who joins Kangaskhan as the only member of my team that has been around from the beginning of the tournament; the difference was that he was never supposed to have stayed. It was just supposed to be a placeholder, because I didn't have the rest of my team caught/bred/trained. Heck, after I gave its Life Orb to Bisharp, it had Protect/Tailwind with a Choice Band! I even had to use Protect against backlot in one of our matches. That being said, he was a lifesaver in some of my matches. I was constantly surprised at how much damage he could put out. He even OHKO'ed backlot's Terrakion, which completely surprised me.

lupinko

Yup, great games dude. Holy crap. There were so many parts, especially in that last game, that were predictions that could have went both ways on both sides. I'm going to have to rewatch that last game to see if the Overheat miss actually changed the outcome. Hate that it ended that way if so.

That being said, can I say how excited I am for the shiny Mew? Because I am freaking PSYCHED.

:D

Don't forget, Shinies of Deoxys, Tower Duo, Regi trio, Weather Trio, Eon Duo, and Wishmaker Jirachi and Ageto Celebi, all with exclusive moves.

Also none of them are clones or hacks or any dumb stuff. All real, legal and legitimate in that they are all obtained from a GBA cart. Jirachi and Celebi from a GC disc sent to a GBA cart.

Edit: As the winner I need to ask, I have to pass on Rayray getting Mimic, your new choices are either double-edge or fury cutter.

:D

Don't forget, Shinies of Deoxys, Tower Duo, Regi trio, Weather Trio, Eon Duo, and Wishmaker Jirachi and Ageto Celebi, all with exclusive moves.

Also none of them are clones or hacks or any dumb stuff. All real, legal and legitimate in that they are all obtained from a GBA cart. Jirachi and Celebi from a GC disc sent to a GBA cart.

Edit: As the winner I need to ask, I have to pass on Rayray getting Mimic, your new choices are either double-edge or fury cutter.

It really doesn't matter either way to me. If I had to pick, I guess I would choose Double-Edge.

lupinko

It really doesn't matter either way to me. If I had to pick, I guess I would choose Double-Edge.

Oh ok, also Kyogre will now have Endure instead. I'll see if the Jirachi I'll send over will carry a Salac instead of the typical Ganlon.

I'll pm my FC later. The FC in my profile is full.

Top Bottom