• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMB

Banned
Wacom Intuos3 A5 Wide Special Edition
untitled-2714.jpg

zoku88 said:
so, is the dog still alive?

I dunno. He was a foster dog from a no-kill shelter. I'm not sure what they did with him. Maybe I should start an OT thread so this one doesn't get derailed further. :lol

GMB

Banned
schild said:
Awesome, now what is that keyboard?
it's a typematrix 2030
http://www.typematrix.com/

I dont have anything printed on the keys. I thought I was supposed to get a swedish model and had to wait a couple of months for the company to get it printed... ended up with a silicon cover thingie which I didnt like, so I removed it.

I got a Japanese PS2 with some SRW games I've missed out on. Also Zeta Gundam because it's awesome. I got a few models and fix figurations too but I don't have them displayed yet. Unicorn gundam was a bitch to put together. My next pickup will probably be SRW Z in a few weeks.

000_0096.jpg

Danielsan

GalacticAE said:
I got a Japanese PS2 with some SRW games I've missed out on. Also Zeta Gundam because it's awesome. I got a few models and fix figurations too but I don't have them displayed yet. Unicorn gundam was a bitch to put together. My next pickup will probably be SRW Z in a few weeks.

000_0096.jpg
I love this new meme. :lol

marwan said:
honestly, besides the great UI, it all ends there! the phone has so many retarded limitation and lack of functionality it's laughable!

I can't believe the Bluetooth doesn't support A2DP and it's an iPod lol(stereo music streaming), Bluetooth file transfer, no Multimedia messaging (MMS it's big all over the world), and the 2MP is a joke, though it shots some decent pictures in well lit areas. the phone is fast and i love it's nimbleness in terms of ease of use, but it's too restricted unless Apple allows you too), but it's too limited and i'm sticking to my Nokia N95(that what the iPhone could only dream off) and playing around with the Samsung Omnia, and soon i'll get my hands on the HTC Touch Pro (Windows Mobile 6.1)

if you want a real phone, avoid the iPhone! it's that's plain and simple! Get a Nokia N95(or the 8GB version, all Symbian OS phones(the Nokia's have a UI that a 3 year old can use)), they're both extremely capable, have tons of software, 5mEGAPIXEL CAMERAS THAT RIVAL Digital Cameras and on top of all of that they record video in VGA resolution649x480 @ 30fps) at DVD quality.

hope his helps! :)

i'm leaving the office now, ask away and i'll reply once i get home!

Thanks for the impressions Marwan. I've actually got the iPhone already and I love it; everything except the 2MP Camera. Even so I don't think I can go back to my N95. I agree with the iPhone being limited in many stupid ways, but it's Apple, I've come to expect that from them. What Apple do, they do fantastically well; as long as you play by their rules. I liken having to hack an iPhone to get it running to getting an Xbox but not being able to go on Xbox Live and having to resort to 3rd party software... it's certainly not ideal. Cheers mate!

GalacticAE said:

000_0096.jpg

win!

Xater

GalacticAE said:

Are those SRW any fun if you have no knwoledge of japanese? Even with a translation guide I think it would be quite difficult.

Disgaea in the US, huh... now I need to think... I imported the Japanese version, logged 90 hours already. Do I get the US version, and risk not getting the DLC, or wait for a PAL release and get native DLC when it comes out... hmm... do they have money cards for the US PSN yet? I'd really like to get my hands on the English version asap...

GMB

Banned
bad-joey said:
Nice pick up. Why did you went for the special edition? Last time I checked it was much more expensive than the regular one
Thanks

Like 30-40 bucks more...
figured I might as well get it :lol

kuYuri

Android18a said:
Disgaea in the US, huh... now I need to think... I imported the Japanese version, logged 90 hours already. Do I get the US version, and risk not getting the DLC, or wait for a PAL release and get native DLC when it comes out... hmm... do they have money cards for the US PSN yet? I'd really like to get my hands on the English version asap...

We're supposed to be getting them here in the US in places like Rite-Aid, 7-11, and Blockbuster. Once they get them, send me a PM and I'll gladly buy any PSN cards for you. I accept Paypal. :D

Ledsen

JEKKI said:
behold, the mighty battle axe wound left by the one known as gamestop's price sticker

2wmdxg7.jpg

fuckers!

Use a hair dryer to melt the glue before you remove the sticker. Tada! No residue.

2818437129_583aff3609.jpg

Orbital for GBA(I have dotstream) :D , a new adaptor for my iPod shuffle (stepped on the original one), and SEPTA(Bus&Subway) tokens for school. All arrived/bought today! :lol

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So, I got offered a massive deal on most games from 2007 and older. As a result, here are my purchases from the last week of August 2008 and today, September 1st:

6FPPxq8.jpg

DS: Yosumin DS, Bangai-O Spirits, Jake Hunter, Break 'em All, Arkanoid DS, New International Track and Field. Not pictured: Phoenix Wright 3.

360: Hail to the Chimp, Dark Sector, Kameo.

PS2: Sly Cooper, Oni, The Warriors, Metropolismania 2, Ape Escape 2, Maximo, Dawn of Mana, Ratchet and Clank, Shinobi.

Total spent: $205.00.

Stumpokapow said:
So, I got offered a massive deal on most games from 2007 and older. As a result, here are my purchases from the last week of August 2008 and today, September 1st:

Looking at that nice little pile of DS games reminds me that I could go out and spend three grand on DS games and still not have all the games worth playing/owning.

That's scary.

Fun board game.
IMG_03811.jpg

Awesome. Online works for me nicely with a couple people on my friends list.
IMG_03821.jpg

I beat Cutman!
IMG_03801.jpg

Classic. Loved this game a ton.
IMG_03791.jpg

HoTHiTTeR

Couple new toys for September.

Picked up the Arcade @ $279 and Points Card @ $19, both of these should = $199 total w/ a price match and price drop coming 9/7 :)

sgnxir.jpg

Dreweyes

Here are my most recent pick-ups.
The four criterions came from the crazy blockbuster online sale.
Got all four for about $14, free shipping.
The Star Wars vinyl in the background is a picture vinyl, and its only sfx and dialogue!
Going to be sweet for mixing!

SDC11176.jpg

My girlfriend wanted to participate too, so here are her latest grabs.
The thing in the bottom right is a animated background Breakout watch.
Vinyl in background is RATATAT's new album.

SDC11171.jpg

gloone

Dreweyes said:
Here are my most recent pick-ups.
The four criterions came from the crazy blockbuster online sale.
Got all four for about $14, free shipping.
The Star Wars vinyl in the background is a picture vinyl, and its only sfx and dialogue!
Going to be sweet for mixing!

My girlfriend wanted to participate too, so here are her latest grabs.
The thing in the bottom right is a animated background Breakout watch.
Vinyl in background is RATATAT's new album.

Where can I get the breakout watch?!

HoTHiTTeR said:
Couple new toys for September.

Picked up the Arcade @ $279 and Points Card @ $19, both of these should = $199 total w/ a price match and price drop coming 9/7 :)

Man a 360 is so hard to pass up at that price point.

Xater said:
Are those SRW any fun if you have no knwoledge of japanese? Even with a translation guide I think it would be quite difficult.

They're totally playable without knowledge of Japanese if you can get an FAQ that explains what menu selections say. It does help a great deal if you can at least read katakana and are familiar with the series in each game.

I cannot wait for SRWZ at the end of the month!

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Lost Odyssey on clearance at Target (Still $41.98, but I have some discounts to apply and I've been wanting it) + my first Black and Tan -

w9z413.jpg

The contrast between the two beers looks better irl, but it's the first time I've made one so it could probably be better.

A couple of books I got free from my sister (who is moving and thus is getting rid of some stuff) -

2s9pp20.jpg

No idea what to expect from Water for Elephants, but I had an audiobook of Magical Thinking so I think I'll like Running with Scissors.

She also gave me this -

2pyyrf7.jpg

Old bike, but it's free and my current one is in need of repair so it's nice to have.

Also set me up with a patio table -

mk80tk.jpg

and an Aloe Vera plant -

33yrs69.jpg

Which I realized when I uploaded these that I should have put in the same picture. :D Aloe was just hastily re-potted, so it looks a bit haggard.

Last but not least -

vngfls.jpg

I posted the game + soundtrack in August's thread, but now that I have the guide ($14.99 at Fry's) I figured I'd take a full group picture.

Jirotrom

Is it ok that I show everything I've gotten in the past 2 months... as its really been all 1 collective purchase...

Dreweyes

the watch was a gift from a friend. they are on ebay, they made centipede too . its made by fossil and its part of their "atari bigtic" collection.-- sas (the girlfriend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom