• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's DMC4:SE True Style Tournament - NOW VOTING

WINNERS ANNOUNCED BELOW
UkIDeou.png

• To celebrate the release of DMC4SE, we are holding a True Style tournament exclusively for GAF members! Tournament will be run by GAF user direct_quote.
z5PvNaQ.png

• 3 categories for each of the new characters: Vergil, Lady, Trish.
  • Tournament for GAFfers only.
  • GAFfers can submit entries for each category, but only win a prize for at most one entry.
ApgHI9v.png

• Vergil - $40 dollar gift card to Amazon.
  • Lady - $30 dollar gift card to Amazon.
  • Trish - $30 dollar gift card to Amazon.

ZrqD6GW.png

KLatdz7.png

cieac6V.png

Pi9X1ZA.png

• We have one person who won two categories, so according to the tournament rules the runner up wins the prize for the lower category (in terms of prize).
  • Congratulations to the winners, and thanks for all those that participated. All submitted combo entries were well put together and stylish. Here's to more NeoGAF DMC True Style tournaments in the future!
ZrqD6GW.png

KLatdz7.png

cieac6V.png

Pi9X1ZA.png

We have one person who won two categories, so according to the tournament rules the runner up wins the prize for the lower category (in terms of prize).
ZrqD6GW.png

KLatdz7.png

cieac6V.png

I'll PM winners about how I'll send the prizes.

Sesha

Looks like I might be able to send in a Vergil submission.

Anyway, get hype!

Won't be entering since I'm nowhere near good enough to submit a worthy entry but I look forward to seeing what people come up with.

Don't think like that. Anyone could submit an entry, regardless of their skill level. The entry doesn't have to be super complex or anything. It's just meant to be a fun thing.

Son Of D

Won't be entering since I'm nowhere near good enough to submit a worthy entry but I look forward to seeing what people come up with.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

You should just enter! More entries means more fun. This is just to show community spirit, after all.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'm tempted to submit an entry for the comedic value it would bring to others. Realistically though I'll probably die long before the 30 seconds is up.

I'm tempted to submit an entry for the comedic value it would bring to others. Realistically though I'll probably die long before the 30 seconds is up.
Well it's a community vote so if people like it you could win! Bloody palace really would be the best place to start..

I won't be entering, both because I'm rusty, and because I was never good in the first place =P

But I'll be following the tournament close to see the entries.

Good luck to everyone!

Sesha

Someone should post the link to the debug mode so that people would have more freedom in playing around with the game.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
For those interested in submitting, but don't know how to record, you have a few options based on the version you have.

PS4/XBone:
The PS4 automatically records the last 15 minutes of gameplay, as long as you don't hit Options. Just press the Share button after you've recorded the clip that you want, pick Youtube, then trim the clip down to the length you want. You'll have to give the PS4 permissions to your Youtube/Google+ account for the upload.

The XBone has Game DVR that allows you to upload clips and edit with Upload Studio. Just double tap the XBox button on your controller, select "Snap an app", then select Game DVR. From there, you can choose "End Clip Now" to capture and save the previous 30 seconds to 5 minutes of gameplay. Alternatively, you can select Start new clip before you begin your combo session. Then you just choose "Show my clips", select a clip, press the "Menu" button and select "Save".

You can then use the Upload Studio to upload it. Keep in mind that you cannot upload the videos to Youtube without a separate capture device. This will just upload the clips to Xbox Live so other members can view it.

PC:
You can use Fraps
http://www.fraps.com/download.php

Fraps is a benchmarking, screen capture, and screen recording utility for Windows. The free version alows 30 seconds of video capture. Which is conveniently the max amount of time a submission can be for this tournament. After installation, simply go to the "Movies" tab and change your settings according to what suits you. The default capture hotkey is F9. You will know fraps is capturing your game if you see the framerate overlay in red after pressing the record hotkey, to stop recording just press F9 again. The video will be automatically saved in the default fraps/movies folder. From there you will need to convert and compress your video file using a video editing program, then it will be ready to upload.

Or you can stream online via Twitch or Hitbox.tv using OBS:
https://obsproject.com/

OBS is pretty easy to set up. Here's a guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2q1_-OdrF0
Once you set Twitch or Hitbox to archive your streams, you can go ahead and just play until you're satisfied with your entry and rip/trim it from the site.

Also, on PC, you have the advantage of some mods to allow you to use the Bloody Palace as a training mode and practice on invincible dummy scarecrows. Here's a tutorial for setting up trainer/debug mode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cttA9qXBl9s

Other cheat mods, level skips, and mode unlocking:
http://s1.zetaboards.com/InfernalWorks/topic/5829927/1/

Seyavesh

submitted my revised trish combo. it's still filler but there's just a funny lil thing i wanted to add in it

i guess i'll work on a lady one next but i still got nothing in mind in regards to somethin' that looks really cool or silly

gunbo13

Vergil is such a time sink but I'm going to submit for sure. I'll probably give Lady and Trish 3-4 hours; upload some muppet combos. haha Don't like em, they take my Vergil lab time away...

So approximately 1 week left to get those True Style entries in. Main goal of this tournament is community participation, and hopefully if enough interest is shown more True Style tournaments can be held down the line (especially for DMC5 kappa). So give it a shot and have FUN!
  • Lady and Trish entries due 22nd of July 12:01 am.
  • Vergil Entries due 23rd of July 12:01 am
If you're lazy you can quote this post for the submission link (in between the email field, google docs form).

So approximately 2 days left to submit entries for Lady and Trish for the Gaf True Style tournament.

Approximately 3 days left to submit entries for Vergil... So get those entries in, you can quote this post or the first post to get the submission form (google form between email field)

Voting will commence a 2 days after the submission deadlines

Dahbomb

Saw all the videos.

Good job to everyone who entered. I unfortunately was unable to enter because of busy schedule and simply not enough time on DMC4SE to put out anything worthwhile.

I voted for my picks for each. Lady one was easy to pick, Trish was a bit harder.

The Trish stuff had some legitimate tech in it. The Vergil one better have me doing this a few times:

Bo2BG.gif

There have been a couple of blank entries submitted with no name. So remember to input your gaf user name in the vote form if you want your vote to be counted..

Voted for Vergil now.

Trish had the best videos. Vergil and Lady were pretty much on the same level imo. I guess it's because I've seen most of the basic stuff Vergil can do, so I wasn't as impressed.

Seyavesh

welp, finished voting
i had a really clear favorite for one of the vergil vids, so at least that was easy i guess

was really hoping to see some saved up tech involving sword rain though, i feel like that thing has mega weird properties that could result in somethin neat

gunbo13

was really hoping to see some saved up tech involving sword rain though, i feel like that thing has mega weird properties that could result in somethin neat
It will take some time. Vergil is top tier in the DMC-verse in complexity. Once people start getting 100+ hours with him, you will see some crazy stuff. It's hard enough trying to show combos without killing everything on screen in a matter of seconds. Not to mention showing a variety of tech in a short session of combos. I can name numerous categories of Vergil play and making them all present in a short clip is nearly impossible.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Voted.

I've gotta say that I'm surprised in the lack of Vergil entries. I thought he would have had the most easily.

All the Vergil entries were great. Enjoyed Borealis' ending to his combo video. Thought that was cool. But ultimately my vote went to Gunbo13. Best of luck to everyone.

Ikon

Voted. Good stuff guys :)

Wish I had some time to play but seeing community stuff like this is a pretty damn good substitute right now. Don't usually care for YouTube clips like this but knowing it's just this GAF thing really elevates it.

Top Bottom