• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classic @Amazon Treasure Truck) (Atlanta,Chicago,Dallas,Houston,LA,Seattle)

Afrocious

from the FAQ

Can a friend pick up my order for me?
Yes, they just need to bring the QR code from your order when they visit the truck. And make sure to give them a high five for being an amazing friend!

If you're cool with it, I can text the QR code I have

Finally got one. Awesome. This is the one I really wanted. I missed so many NES games, played most of those SNES games they have in the SNES Classic, so that wasn't something I really wanted.

FINALLY GOT ONE.

AT RETAIL PRICE NO LESS.

#AtlantaGAF

jviggy43

So many amazing games I forgot this thing had. God this is awesome. My gf spent all of the winter trying tog et one for my birthday and now we walked out of the grove in like 10 minutes with 2 of them. Praise gaf and OP (and Amazon).

Wonder if they'll do the same thing for the SNES mini. They literally must have had thousands of these things stored away to do this. the LA one had so many.

neoism

Fuck Nintendo for being so shitty about production numbers just fucking make enough for everyone😑

Just picked mine up in Chicago. A lot of people walking around with Treasure Truck bags. As I was leaving they brought more bags from behind the truck. Considering it's now 3:00 and they started this at 11:00, it seems to have been well stocked.

molnizzle

God damn. I'm gonna want to use this puppy so bad, but it's gonna be tempting to not leave it sealed as a collector's item. I generally hate collecting though...

jviggy43

Just picked mine up in Chicago. A lot of people walking around with Treasure Truck bags. As I was leaving they brought more bags from behind the truck. Considering it's now 3:00 and they started this at 11:00, it seems to have been well stocked.

Which means they held onto these for months without selling them.

Fucking Nintendo. The fact that this many people showed up and bought these out so quickly should tell you that demand is sky high. That company makes so many stupid decisions.

I got one in Dallas, its right next to a fun place called the truckyard, and I was looking for a place to get brunch anyway. NES classic was just a double bonus.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Success in LA. Massive line and crowd. They had a huge supply too, tables and tables full from the truck waiting to be picked up.

Now to figure out how to mod this. Maybe snag an 8bitdo wireless

Which means they held onto these for months without selling them.

Fucking Nintendo. The fact that this many people showed up and bought these out so quickly should tell you that demand is sky high. That company makes so many stupid decisions.

To be fair Amazon should be to blame for a lot of this as well. Hording for a promotion that people in 6 cities can take advantage of is even worse than prime exclusive items.

ZeroCDR

To be fair Amazon should be to blame for a lot of this as well. Hording for a promotion that people in 6 cities can take advantage of is even worse than prime exclusive items.

Outside of two whole minutes on launch day, I don't think anyone outside of Prime Now locations ever had a shot at these from Amazon.

jviggy43

Idk theyre using Nintendo's terribad production decisions to promote their own business, I'm not sure I blame them for exploiting an opportunity like this. With that said, its shitty for everyone who wanted one and didn't get one, but again that comes down to Nintendo being Nintendo.

Fox Mulder

This was never really available on Amazon, and probably a few hundred hoarded for this as a marketing tactic is nothing really. Amazon didn't even scalp them or force bullshit bundles like goddamn GameStop.

Nintendo just fucking blows. I've grown to actually hate them the last few years.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Houston is sold out already?

Yep, some folks got theirs. A quick glance at Craigslist and oh...all a sudden people selling NES Classics again lol

Harknesss2245

Neo Member
Yeah Amazon (and geek squeak or w/e) shouldn't be hoarding limited supplies like this to later benefit. Its real scummy. That being said, I got on in Chicago. Thanks Wario64!

mrk8885

Banned
I can understand being a little annoyed at Amazon for (seemingly) hoarding these units to use in their promotion today. But honestly, much less annoyed with this than with those marked up thinkgeek bundles.

For those complaining about Amazon holding these, it's always possible some of these were held up in customs or took a while to make it over. It seems odd both Gamestop/Thinkgeek and Amazon would have "held" them in the same week, but hey what the hell do I know.

Owensboro

Heads up to anyone picking up multiple orders, they don't care they just need to know the name on the Amazon accounts. Was able to grab another GAFers while at the one downtown.

hayejin

If you're waiting for LA pick up , I'd advise you to go asap. They have the bags laid out on table and just scan your code and give you the random bag.

I saw some mom just grab and go without scanning. I told the Amazon guys but they just shrugged off.

One person who is arriving late to pick up at last minute will be solely pissed.

Jeffrey

Got mine here in Atlanta.

Saw this dude lol. Paying off his mortgage

fe9a239.jpg

Picked mine up in Dallas, that was one of the most pleasant transactions I've ever done especially when buying shit off the streets haha.

It seems like Amazon had a ton, and I seriously mean a ton, of these in storage. I picked mine up an hour ago and there was still a looooooot of them sitting on their table... like more than 50% of the table. I wonder what happens if people don't pick them up in the next 45 mins.

Quickest transaction I ever had. LA at the Grove, right by the movie theater. Walked up, scanned my QR code and they handed me a bag with the classic in it. Crazy stuff today!!!!

Quonny

Hell yeah limiting rare items to select cities and holding back stock when your entire business revolves around online ordering and nationwide shipping

nahlakhai

Anyone else's box slightly dented at the corner? I mistakibgly didn't check until I left and wish I did and asked for a more pristine one.

MrMephistoX

Quickest transaction I ever had. LA at the Grove, right by the movie theater. Walked up, scanned my QR code and they handed me a bag with the classic in it. Crazy stuff today!!!!

Anyone in L.A at the grove If they start handing them out due to lack of pickup I will buy one off you plus $15 for your trouble. PM me.

johnvr

Anyone else's box slightly dented at the corner? I mistakibgly didn't check until I left and wish I did and asked for a more pristine one.

Mine was dinged up a bit but not bad. Bad enough that it helped me make my mind up about reselling it. Gonna keep it, excited to play all of those games again.

Anyone have a wireless controller option they recommend? Or should I just go for the extension cables?

Top Bottom