• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Classic @Amazon Treasure Truck) (Atlanta,Chicago,Dallas,Houston,LA,Seattle)

lantus

Just left the truck in Houston. Surprised that they were all claimed but had a shit ton left with only an hour left open.

Skeletron

If anyone in LA manages to grab an extra after all is said and done tonight, I'll buy it off you at cost plus $50. Not a collector, just want to play these damn games. Shoot me a PM.

Type2

Damn, I was working and didn't make it in time in Seattle. I really wanted to snag one for my nephew who was begging for one on his last birthday. Congrats to those that managed to snag one!

talmagal

Neo Member
sucks nothing east coast wise for these type of deals.had one chance to pick on up back last time amazon had it for prime only but missed it cuz had bills to pay first. Have spare controller but no nes classic

Afrocious

sucks nothing east coast wise for these type of deals.had one chance to pick on up back last time amazon had it for prime only but missed it cuz had bills to pay first. Have spare controller but no nes classic

Atlanta is in the East coast, but I do agree that the trucks should've been in more cities.

TrojanAg

Just got mine a short while ago at the LA location and it was a 2 minute process once I got to the truck. There wasn't a line, just a lot of confused people thinking that they just walk up and buy one.

Is the Treasure Truck Prime exclusive? Downloaded the app and signed up with my friend's account just in case it ever comes to NYC, but if it doesn't need Prime I might as well use my own account.

breadtruck

I dont understand what the point of this was for Amazon. My wife tried to preorder this for my birthday for me, I watched here and there to see if I could get one. Ultimately I gave up the hope and went with a Raspberry Pi.

All to find now that they had a big pile of them horded away, to sell in cities I dont live in, in a truck of all things?

Am I supposed to feel this is a cool thing to do? Because that sure the fuck didnt work...

NeOak

Mine was dinged up a bit but not bad. Bad enough that it helped me make my mind up about reselling it. Gonna keep it, excited to play all of those games again.

Anyone have a wireless controller option they recommend? Or should I just go for the extension cables?

Amazon has the bundle from the warehouse in like new condition for around 23 bucks atm

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MTQ9QPB/?tag=neogaf0e-20

81iDINB5zTL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

It is a steal because the dongle alone is 17 bucks.

molnizzle

Box had some slight bends at the edges but not bad. No shrink wrap though, is that normal?

Definitely opening it though so I guess it doesn't matter.

lantus

I dont understand what the point of this was for Amazon. My wife tried to preorder this for my birthday for me, I watched here and there to see if I could get one. Ultimately I gave up the hope and went with a Raspberry Pi.

All to find now that they had a big pile of them horded away, to sell in cities I dont live in, in a truck of all things?

Am I supposed to feel this is a cool thing to do? Because that sure the fuck didnt work...
Not everyone can be a winner my friend. Really though, look at the size of this event. It's only held in a handful of cities,the stock must have not been that significant to list it on their site again and have it immediately sellout.

talmagal

Neo Member
Northeast people always get the best shot at rare Nintendo stuff at the NYC store. Spread the wealth!

That's only cuz traveling in NYC is a pain if you drive or time consuming if take the train(if out of general area). NYC is great for shopping rare stuff only if you have tons of time. Which most people who work all the time don't have.

I can't recall the last time there has ever been shrink wrap on a console I've bought.

same got a xbone s bundle from ebay sale and no shrink wrap also.
picked up famicom mini in malaysia same thing no shrink wrap

hayejin

Just got mine a short while ago at the LA location and it was a 2 minute process once I got to the truck. There wasn't a line, just a lot of confused people thinking that they just walk up and buy one.

Actually as I said in previous page, some confused woman just went to the table and picked one up and left thinking they were giveaways. I told two amazon ppl there but they just shrugged off and did nothing. One girl reported to her manager but nothing came of it. I guess they didn't couldn't risk some bad confrontation going viral.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Got mine here in Atlanta.

Saw this dude lol. Paying off his mortgage

fe9a239.jpg

I picked one up in Atlanta as well. While I did not see this dude, I did hang out a bit to see what the crowd was like. It was a steady stream of people getting their consoles and getting out. I talked to the Amazon dude running the event, he said they were looking to move it to another location next time, possibly near the stadiums. He thought it was too cramped and parking was terrible where they were today.

Cool idea, not sure what could be the next product to be on the "Treasure Truck" but the guy said for sure they will be back with something else.

Jeffrey

I picked one up in Atlanta as well. While I did not see this dude, I did hang out a bit to see what the crowd was like. It was a steady stream of people getting their consoles and getting out. I talked to the Amazon dude running the event, he said they were looking to move it to another location next time, possibly near the stadiums. He thought it was too cramped and parking was terrible where they were today.

Cool idea, not sure what could be the next product to be on the "Treasure Truck" but the guy said for sure they will be back with something else.
Yeah getting there was a pain. The roads around there was awful. I was freaking out because I was down the wire getting there before 5

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Yeah getting there was a pain. The roads around there was awful. I was freaking out because I was down the wire getting there before 5

Today the United (local soccer team for people not in ATL) had a game so that jacked up the roads and they are doing construction. The Amazon guy admitted that it was not the best situation but said next time it will be in another location.

Looking at this page - https://www.amazon.com/treasuretruck it seems like in Seattle it is a community party. They have had all kinds of stuff. Books, food, GoPros, etc.

bastardly

Yeh, it's hard to miss at the grove, they took up the entire grass area.

Got mine earlier, now reading up on how to hack it and add N64 games on it hahaha.

This thread made me realize something. I am just way too old for this Willie Wonka golden ticket shit. If companies aren't going to make enough of something that I can easily get it (with a little patience), then I'm out.

dLMN8R

Got one from Seattle today! Really nice that the truck was right next to the South Lake Union Saturday Market.

So many people walking around the market and downtown holding treasure truck bags!

Marceles

Went to the LA one, I was more excited about seeing what the truck was about than getting an NES classic, but got one anyway.

I also think they had some kind of "throw the ball into the hole" game at the side of the truck where you could win a Classic. I didn't stick around since it was hot as hell.

The line wasn't really much of a line. We were told to just walk on the turf about a minute after I took the pic, there was about 8 people at the booth with cameras. They take a pic of your QR code in the order confirmation, ask your name (which confuses me about the guy with like 10 classics), ask how you heard about the truck and the purchase is yours. It went by really fast. The girl who checked my order seemed surprised that I heard about it from Twitter. Overall I'm excited to see what else they'll bring in the future.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Where was it exactly?

Grassy area right near movie theater. Hard to miss really, especially given there are Mario and Luigi placards and Amazon people on mics trying to get photo ops(at least at the time I went, lots of foot traffic surrounding the truck)

Edit: Also this being my first time seeing one of these in person...it still can't be overstated how tiny the Mini is. I knew it was small going in, but I wasn't prepared until I opened the box. I am now frothing for the SNES mini.

Top Bottom