• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix's Love S2 teaser trailer - Returns March 10th

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Link. Didn't see a thread.

It's worth a shot. Love returns for a second season March 10 on Netflix. Created by Judd Apatow (40 Year Old Virgin, Trainwreck), Lesley Arfin (Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Awkward) and Paul Rust (Arrested Development).

Boem

I liked and hated the first season at the same time. There was a lot I loved about it, and I loved the style, and I absolutely love Gillian Jacobs, but jesus christ was the egocentricity of the main characters depressing to me after a while.

I'll probably end up watching this and getting the same frustration out of it towards the end. Which doesn't mean it won't be good.

I liked and hated the first season at the same time. There was a lot I loved about it, and I loved the style, and I absolutely love Gillian Jacobs, but jesus christ was the egocentricity of the main characters depressing to me after a while.

Well yeah, that was kind of the point. Both the main characters are extremely flawed and those two are in no way shape or form compatible with each other, and probably should not be with each other.

Boem

Well yeah, that was kind of the point. Both the main characters are extremely flawed and those two are in no way shape or form compatible with each other, and probably should not be with each other.

I know, that's why I said it was probably good as it definitely achieved what it set out to do with that, but I don't know if it was a particularly pleasant watch. I've known too many people like the two leads in real life. I'm glad I watched the first set of episodes but that might be enough for me. There's a limit to cringe tv for me.

Ludovico

First season was definition of middle of the road. Neither protagonist was likeable.

This is about where I landed on season one.
At least Master of None and Flaked had characters you wanted to see succeed and grow.

With Love, I just want the leads to grow up.

love Bertie though

G0523

Well that was sudden. I was wondering when they were coming out with season 2. Season 1 was pretty good, if a bit too cringey at times. The scene where Gus is in the writer's room was very hard to watch.

TMC

Definitely looking forward to this. Really enjoyed S1. I love that scene with Gus and Bertie at the restaurant.

Bluenoser

The show was awkard as fuck, and gave me lots of those uncomfortable moments watching it, but I still liked it and am looking forward to S2.

faridmon

Really enjoyed the first series, except for the last episode, but looking forward to a more fucked up situations between the two lead.

I was wondering when we would hear from this show again.

Liked the first season quite a bit, Gillian Jacobs is a force to be reckoned with.

Looking forward to it. The best part about Season 1 was that I ended up humming "Jet" for the next few weeks after watching it.

Anyone who is debating watching it should give it a shot. Make sure to watch all of Season One, followed by Pee-Wee's Big Holiday, in which Gus has some pancakes that drive him crazy.

Protagonist keeps on reminding me of a younger Marc Maron without a stache.
lead_960.png

I found season 1 pretty good because it went against my expectations of it being yet another nerdy dude getting with a more attractive girl but actually this time she's an addict (sex and drugs) who needs to sort herself out and the nerd actually has assertiveness unlike most "nice guy" nerds in media and isn't clingy when it comes to relationships. He still has issues too. It's a breezy watch with just ten episodes varying from sitcom to drama length.

Interesting that it's created and written by the main guy (Paul Rust) and his wife (Lesley Arfin), considering the sex scenes and all that but Judd Apatow is fine with that kind of thing so they are too.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I keep confusing Love and Easy in terms of single-word 20/30-something disaffected people in awkward relationships.

Love was mostly a disappointment for me, particularly after the very good Master of None... but I'll probably end up watching it anyway. lol

platakul

Banned
I keep confusing Love and Easy in terms of single-word 20/30-something disaffected people in awkward relationships.

Love was mostly a disappointment for me, particularly after the very good Master of None... but I'll probably end up watching it anyway. lol

yea same. Although I liked Easy a lot more than Love since it was single stories. I never finished Love despite thinking it was ok

seat

Great show and glad to see it coming back on soon. The entire cast is fantastic, especially Paul Rust.

First season was definition of middle of the road. Neither protagonist was likeable.

No, the protagonists were likable, but flawed. Like actual people and not TV characters.

cinco

Liked the show for the most part but, Gus dating the at&t girl, almost hooking up with the young sisters, hooking up with the actress and Gillian is some unbelievable shit.

Master Of None is definitely the best at this type of show on Netflix, and Easy is good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom