• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Batman: Arkham Asylum Screens (End of Summer delay confirmed)

HankToms

TheFallen said:
Seems like the new Joker trailer is confusing many people into thinking that you can play the game's story as him.

I thought that was what the PS3 exclusive thing was. Is it just another story line part or something?

DrBo42

HankToms said:
I thought that was what the PS3 exclusive thing was. Is it just another story line part or something?

Joker gameplay is limited to challenge maps. Like the combat/invisible predator movies that have been released. It's you in a confined room either bashing thugs, or quietly taking them down. That's it.

In other news, Eidos PR will be announcing the official release date TODAY.

PST 06:00am
EST 09:00am
GMT 14:00
CET 15:00

deepbrown

Played the game - LOVED IT. This could be the best superhero game EVER, the best kind of movie tie-in game since Butcher Bay. It was INCREDIBLE.

You'd have to think that due to the fact that they got Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy that you knew someone who knew what they were doing was in charge. So awesome hearing the best Joker voice ever in the game.

deepbrown said:
Played the game - LOVED IT. This could be the best superhero game EVER, the best kind of movie tie-in game since Butcher Bay. It could be a GOTY contender. It was INCREDIBLE.

Now deepbrown, I know you generally don't get over excited (with the exception of Uncharted) so I'm going to hold you to this. I now expect the incredible.

deepbrown

Opus Angelorum said:
Now deepbrown, I know you generally don't get over excited (with the exception of Uncharted) so I'm going to hold you to this. I now expect the incredible.
OK OK I am over excited. I just loved the brawling - it was one of the most addictive things I have played. The animation and interaction with enemies was great. It looks graphically amazing and its one of the first super hero games to make you actually feel like the character. I mean you feel like a badass. Similar to the feeling when you play InFamous.

I'm not irrational towards Uncharted.

deepbrown said:
...it was one of the most addictive things I have played. The animation and interaction with enemies with great. It looks graphically amazing and its one of the first super hero games to make you actually feel like the character. I mean you feel like a badass.

Ok, I'm officially on your hype train. All aboard!!!

DrBo42 said:
Get ready folks.

*Clinches cheeks*

DrBo42

Opus Angelorum said:
*Clinches cheeks*
mandymoore-1.jpg

*Slowly grins* Whoops.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Graf Nudu said:
Does Mark Hamill speak the Joker in AA?
Yes, if I recall correctly they got both Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy --- VAs for the Joker and Batman from Batman: The Animated Series. All sorts of win.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
anachronous_one said:
Yes, if I recall correctly they got both Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy --- VAs for the Joker and Batman from Batman: The Animated Series. All sorts of win.

And Arleen Sorkin reprising Harley! I believe it's now factually impossible for the game to be bad.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Dechaios said:
What do I have to do to get the Joker bonus gameplay?
I've heard different things...

From what I understand, the Joker is available for several of the 'challenge' levels, and NOT part of the main story mode, in the PS3 version only.

DrBo42

Dechaios said:
What do I have to do to get the Joker bonus gameplay?
I've heard different things...
Well first you need the PS3 version. The Joker challenge maps are a free download when the game is released.

Top Bottom