• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Batman Arkham Knight Trailer

Despite the distinct lack of gameplay in that Gameplay Trailer, it is looking pretty darn good, but then I'd expect no less from Rocksteady. I expect this to be the leap from City that City was from Asylum. All in all, this'll be a perfect fall title for my PS4.

Thanks for uploading the trailer to Gamersyde! Looks great, and slightly jaggy at times, but as I said, I'd rather see trailers like this one, than some that don't show how the game will actually look on consoles.

So what exactly is the plot of this game?

"All the inmates have escaped from Arkham, and only Batman can nonlethally beat them all up and send them back into Arkham...again...AGAIN..."

?
I kind of thought it was implied that Scarecrow had unleashed fear toxin on the city?

fasTRapid

Banned
Some gameplay screengrabs, none if it does look impressive to me...
ieD0f2Dq1XSWA.jpg

iNgSQTN6TDo80.jpg

iboH1kBDLTW5BC.jpg

imMZlnjfNLpIe.jpg

ifgQWOcAinTQi.jpeg
Thanks to UE3 the city looks mighty flat :/

maybe they'll have a gameplay demo onstage during their conference.
You can bet your anus they will
at least have an exclusive trailer

erawsd

So The Joker is now a well trained martial artist who can physically hold up against Batman? and all that after how sick he was in AC? ... really?

and speaking of his voice, Black Mask sounded very familiar to the Joker. but this guy sounds absolutely nothing like Mark Hamill. and Rocksteady wouldn't cast anyone else to voice The Joker than Hamill himself.

another point: If Rocksteady comes out and says The Joker is dead dead dead... and fucking dead, then i'm pretty sure we can believe them, i doubt they would flat out lie.

He sounds nothing like Hamill.

Yeah, I really doubt that its the Joker. Rocksteady seems aware that people are pretty sick of the Joker always taking center stage and have promised that hes dead.

Calling it now
PS4: 900p 30fps
Xbone: 720p 30fps

I'm already worried about the same thing. The GiantBomb guys saw a build a couple months ago, and said the framerate running on a PC was very rough. That has me really worried about the console versions.

900p/30fps just seems shitty on PS4. Then again, the visuals are stunning, so maybe it'll feel justified in some sense.

I don't think they're lying when they said he's a new character. It seems like he is inspired from a lot of characters that didn't make it into Arkham (red hood, wrath, owlman).

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Giantbomb said when they got invited to see the game it's probably the best looking game they've ever seen. So this trailer clearly doesn't do the graphics justice.

I'm already worried about the same thing. The GiantBomb guys saw a build a couple months ago, and said the framerate running on a PC was very rough. That has me really worried about the console versions.

900p/30fps just seems shitty on PS4. Then again, the visuals are stunning, so maybe it'll feel justified in some sense.

Framerate months ahead of release doesn't mean jack shit.
I also can't imagine nextgen only titles beeing sub 1080p, at least not on Ps4.

MilesTeg

Banned
Take it this is another game Sony has a marketing agreement for, as PS4 is only platform mentioned at the end of the trailer?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Has silencer on pistol....gun goes off like a canon.

Hmmm

I could watch the trailer only once for now but doesn't the pistol go off when the screen fades to black? pretty sure AK didn't kill Bats in that scene lol.

Newboi

I'm so hyped it hurts!!! I skipped Origins, so I'm so ready for another Arkham game.

Dat Trailer...Doughs Graphics...Dem Lights...Deys gots Batmobiles driven on ceilings!

Rocksteady already has my trust...Pre-Ordered!

That looks fantastic, if only I could actually look at the game for more than 3 seconds straight.

E3 needs to happen already so I can get HD dev walkthroughs.

fasTRapid

Banned
YouTube compression doesn't do any favours.
It does because it helps to hide the jaggies. What's bad about the pic has nothing to do with compression. I took a screengrab from the - still heavily compressed, but less compressed than YouTube - Gamersyde footage
and the scene looks even worse. Due to the crispier image, the jaggies become more obvious. I also already downscaled the screengrabs to 720p to compensate for the heavy compression.

EL CUCO

Even after watching the Gamersyde footage, I thought original reveal looked better. I dont know, this didn't impress me :/

Arkham Knight looks bad ass and the car mechanic seems like could be fun. Other than that, Meh... have to see more.

It does because it helps to hide the jaggies. What's bad about the pic has nothing to do with compression. I took a screengrab from the - still heavily compressed, but less compressed than YouTube - Gamersyde footage and the scene looks even worse due to the crispier image, the jaggies become more obvious.
Hiding jaggies doesn't change that so much of the detail is covered with artifacts. I agree that it looks a little underwhelming but it's really hard to judge until we get some decent uncompressed footage or gameplay footage that isn't in really short bursts. The fact that the gameplay is shown for tiny amounts of time doesn't help as well, as it just adds artifacts when the screen goes quickly from gameplay -> black screen.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Game looks insane, among the best on the new consoles. Hopefully this doesn't suffer a delay.

And co-marketing deal with Sony confirmed, I suppose.

Top Bottom