• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Batman Arkham Knight Trailer

I wonder how much performance would have improved had they used a next generation engine from the start?

If they have used UE4 it would've probably looked much better, especially if they implemented tweaks to the engine like lionhead did. Kinda funny actually, no last gen console version, but last gen engine...wtf

fasTRapid

Banned
If the CoD:AW footage was 900p, this is obviously less. I'd say 720p max (on PS4):

ibgscXT7HgmluW.jpeg

Optimisation kicks in in the last 10% and before that resolutions don't mean anything.

guek

Banned
Ugh. I know this game is going to be great, and it looks great, but as a long time Batman fan and comic book aficionado, it irks me when Batman's suit is essentially power armor. A minor quibble I suppose, but this is supposed to be Batman, not Iron Man sans repulsors.

Kabuto

But but but...
This was confirmed to be running on their modified UE3 engine, and therefore it would not look "next-gen" according to the experts.

The experts need to get their eyes checked then haha. The look of this game is really similar to the "Samaritan" demo from 2011 and it looks great.

dankir

What's with that weird effect on AK when he's jumping down?

Also they need to cut down on the BWAOOOOHHHH Inception music in trailers >.>

Looks just like light reflecting off different parts of his suit. Who is doing the narration during this trailer?

Scarecrow? Bane? Arkham Knight?

MilesTeg

Banned
I know they did last gen but the presence of this video on playstation's youtube channel is not proof of any continued patnership yet

Well it only says PS4 at the end, so right now I would bet on another marketing deal, though it could mean nothing of course. Why release a brand new trailer for a multiplat and hide two of the platforms if not for some kind of agreement?

ShodanMAN

Okay I'm going to be a little bit of a downer here, sorry. Now yeah the game looks good, it's a Rocksteady Batman game, so yeah there's hype for that. But ''gameplay trailer''? I've watched the trailer three times now, and I'm seeing no more than two seconds of what MIGHT be actual gameplay. The rest is obviously cut-scenes (possibly in engine) and CG concepts shorts.

Don't get me wrong I'm looking forward to the game, but damn it Rocksteady, give me a 3-5 minute gameplay video with a voice over telling and showing me the way the game plays, like Rockstar does.

Skunkers

Yeah, the character design is a definite step up from AC. Particularly, Batman and Gordon have both slimmed down and don't look freakish.

I'm normally against the over-armorization of Batman, as the comics often show he doesn't really need it; despite that, I kinda dig the crazy power armor here. It looks like it's made with a lot of carbon fiber and it kinda works for me.

stryke

Well it only says PS4 at the end, so right now I would bet on another marketing deal, though it could mean nothing of course. Why release a brand new trailer for a multiplat and hide two of the platforms if not for some kind of agreement?

They do that for all their third party videos. Why include other formats on a playstation channel? Go have a look at the witcher 3 video on their channel and tell me what formats are shown. Does Sony have marketing deal with CDPR as well?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
If the CoD:AW footage was 900p, this is obviously less. I'd say 720p max (on PS4):

http://i1.minus.com/ibgscXT7HgmluW.jpeg[IMG]

[SPOILER]Optimisation kicks in in the last 10% and before that resolutions don't mean anything.[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

I'm not a pixel counter but I think it's probably higher than that. No AA combined with poor compression hurts that capture a lot.

Mocca-Bear

Neo Member
So this is weird, while the trailer isn't necessarily impressive (to me) it doesn't temper me wanting to play the actual game come release.

The last two games were good enough to warrant my faith in Rocksteady, and while I think of it the only trailer that I really remember from an Arkham game was the CG one from City.

Hopefully there's some tangibility to the "coming soon" end caption :)

erawsd

"gameplay trailer".... gameplay, where!? a couple of seconds.

Theres more than 2 seconds, I'm sure most of the driving stuff and Batman beating up thugs is gameplay. I do agree its kinda silly that a sprinkle of gameplay constitutes a "gameplay trailer".. but thats pretty much how its been since the early 2000s.

Top Bottom