• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Boxarts - January '07 edition (56k lol)

Fuzzy said:
diddykongracingds.jpg

Wi-Fi, Yeah!! :D

koam

AniHawk said:
Everlong by the Foo Fighters, Over the Hills and Far Away by Led Zeppelin, and The Spirit of Radio by Rush.

I'm also lying.

I was going to freak out there for a second when i saw everlong. I knew you were lying when i saw Zep.

Cdammen

Buttonbasher said:
Or just give us the Japanese boxart:
http://gonintendo.com/wp-content/photos/B000FJ51GO_09__SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V49967057_.jpg
Wait, that would make to much sense...
Now that is good boxart!

Why must the publishers **** everything up when releasing games in the west? Why do they make Kirby generically angry? Why do the ALWAYS position everything in the middle/center, don't they have ANY sense of composition/style? Why do they use ugly CG rendered images when they have beautiful art at their disposal? Why GOD(S) WHY?! :(

Alpha_eX

OnWarmerMusic said:
I just hope they get wifi battle mode in this one (as opposed to MK: DS). Icicle Pyramid missile battles are epic material.
QFT!

So many great memories of that level. I really hope Rare get this one right, try not to think about the last handheld racing game made and there's hope!

Haunted

allarise said:
who wants to bet Wii Play doesn't come with a regular case, either.
It was released in a regular case over here at least.

jaundicejuice said:
More like free mini-game comp with the purchase of a wiimote.

There's only seven (or nine as the boxart seems to claim, I thought it was only seven) mini-games to Wiiplay, and only the pull of nostalgia makes me want it for the uber-Duck Hunt game.
It's nine mini-games.

BlindN-Fan said:
Wow NA Wii Play boxart sucks. PAL one so much better.
QFT

Firestorm said:
WOO!! \o/

whatwhatwhat? Who's the little guy in the lower left? new playable character? He looks familiar...

Haunted_One said:
whatwhatwhat? Who's the little guy in the lower left? new playable character? He looks familiar...
It kind of looks like Chuck Quizmo from Paper Mario 1. Talk about an obscure character.

Haunted

SuperBanjo said:
It kind of looks like Chuck Quizmo from Paper Mario 1. Talk about an obscure character.
Thanks - that looks like him. A weird choice, but who knows if he's playable (unlikely?) or just a side character (announcer/capsule/menu help).
Normally I wouldn't flip out over such a minor thing as a character on the boxart, but I'm so ****ing hyped - MP8 can't come soon enough!

RumFore

Banned
It drives me nuts to see art go from this....
Buttonbasher said:

To this.....
Buttonbasher said:

Kind of like ICO. Such a beautiful game with such a god awful box cover. It even turns you off but the US version kind of fits the game more. Wish Room....but a picture of a car on highway out in the middle of no where?

RumpledForeskin said:
It drives me nuts to see art go from this....

To this.....

Kind of like ICO. Such a beautiful game with such a god awful box cover. It even turns you off but the US version kind of fits the game more. Wish Room....but a picture of a car on highway out in the middle of no where?

The US boxart is great except for the awful font/glow on the title.

Owzers

Much better GoW 2 boxart, i really like the new one. Makes the game just seem so much more "epic" than the other one.

Top Bottom