• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

New Boxarts - January '07 edition (56k lol)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Jan 11, 2005
Danj said:
This looks cute, but what the heck is it?
An Atlus title so you're required to buy it if you want to stay on GAF. True story.

RaidenZR

Jul 14, 2004
Austin TX
Kers said:

Stay away from this one. Not good.

Variable

Jan 12, 2006
I don't get it, developers complain about costs, but they change the box art from region to region. They would save money by using the same box art in each region.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Jan 11, 2005
PepsimanVsJoe said:
Even if this particular Atlus title looks like a poor dungeon hacker. Writing seems pretty snappy though so it may be worth the trouble for that.
Shh.

Yusaku

Jun 8, 2004
Minnesota
RumpledForeskin said:
It drives me nuts to see art go from this....

To this.....

Kind of like ICO. Such a beautiful game with such a god awful box cover. It even turns you off but the US version kind of fits the game more. Wish Room....but a picture of a car on highway out in the middle of no where?

The Hotel Dusk cover would be fine if it wasn't for the terrible typography.

WordAssassin

Dec 11, 2004
RaidenZR said:
This is the best they could do?
They're basically exactly the same as the Japanese versions, except the text isn't covering any of the monsters' bodies.

Edit: However I do agree that they're severely lacking.

polg

Feb 28, 2005
wellywood
Kifimbo said:

polg: "that looks a lot like Animal Crossing"
-goes and searches the net to find out more-
1up: "Chulip resembles Animal Crossing, as you simply walk around town and talk to the people."

u_neek

Jun 9, 2004
It's been a long time since we had a "New JAP box art thread"!

I can't create new threads but have a few Jap box arts that haven't been posted here so somebody please make one :)