• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Danganronpa 3 (PS4/Vita) Announced

Japan Sales:

3DS Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity 393,489

PSV DanganRonpa 1-2 Reload 115,735
PSV Danganronpa: Another Episode 104,035

Yes both the DR games are spinoffs, but it's not like they'd magically quadruple in sales with a mainline entry (I'd expect 300k at most from DR3 in Japan.)

That's a Pokemon game. Spike Chunsoft doesn't even publish it.

The actual Mystery Dungeon games (eg, not other companies franchises) sell nowhere even close to Another Episode.

Prelude.

Can we please also get a remaster of the previous titles on PS4, so as to not have to subject ourselves to the Vita in order to play this seemingly fantastic series?
Seriously though, what's up with this garbage lately? Is shitposting allowed now?

kewlmyc

i want my Danganronpa 2 resolutions
Hajime saves his friends and they join Future Foundation and Nagito goes full blown batshit insane mode

Yuck, no. *DR2 Ch6 spoilers*
I love the DR2 cast, but after everything they did to the world, considering how many people they killed, to have them become part of future foundation would be a big "fuck you" to everyone in that world. Plus FF wants them dead, with the exception of Makoto and his friends.

Dawg

Seriously though, what's up with this garbage lately? Is shitposting allowed now?

I have a Vita TV myself, but I can see why people without a Vita would want DR1 and DR2 ports on PS4 considering the third game will be the first one to also launch on PS4. And these games are story heavy so playing previous titles is important.

Shizuka

Kinda like how Atlus created the Persona team, how long until we get a Danganronpa Dancing game?

wIQYZ4K.gif

That's far more likely than we think, moreso than fighting or racing games.

Prelude.

I have a Vita TV myself, but I can see why people without a Vita would want DR1 and DR2 ports on PS4 considering the third game will be the first one to also launch on PS4. And these games are story heavy so playing previous titles is important.
That's not the point (even though portbegging isn't shouldn't be allowed as well), I'm talking about the childish "eew, the Vita sucks"-like posts that are spreading in threads like these.

That's not the point (even though portbegging isn't shouldn't be allowed as well), I'm talking about the childish "eew, the Vita sucks"-like posts that are spreading in threads like these.

Or maybe people don't want to buy the Vita for two VNs, considering it's still $200 new and nothing else on the platform may appeal to them?

Squire

Banned
There was a second of someone sitting in a chair right after that. I'm on mobile right now so I can't do it.
Edit: Ayyyyy fresh page.
Edit2: did they announce dr1 vr, I know it was a tech demo but did they announce the full game yet? Because that could be the first game on ps4 right there.

They might just build VR support right into DR3 from the start.

Or maybe people don't want to buy the Vita for two VNs, considering it's still $200 new and nothing else on the platform may appeal to them?

I can guarantee if you find these VNs appealing, you will find other games on the system that appeal to you as well. This was a pretty terrible example when you're talking about a VN/niche Japanese game machine.

Shizuka

Hell no. I'd expect a fighting game before that.

This is not Persona, you can't fit "fighting" in Danganronpa as easy as it was with Persona. Persona was an RPG, Danganronpa is a visual novel. Unless they all play out like Phoenix Wright in MvC3, it wouldn't work out at all.

Bladenic

This is not Persona, you can't fit "fighting" in Danganronpa as easy as it was with Persona. Persona was an RPG, Danganronpa is a visual novel. Unless they all play out like Phoenix Wright in MvC3, it wouldn't work out at all.

Um, Danganronpa stars a cast of high schoolers who all have a special talent in a killing game. That shit is prime fighting game material.

Or RPG. Which I want.

tumblr_mrygn6wtwZ1qztgoio1_500.gif

believe

If I'm not wrong, Flux already made a list of Danganronpa characters as fighters with skills just for fun in the Persona community thread. I guess they can come up with something. :)

If I'm not wrong, Flux already made a list of Danganronpa characters as fighters with skills just for fun in the Persona community thread. I guess they can come up with something. :)

I think we made a list in the Danganronpa community thread too. It was actually pretty easy to come up with movesets and ultimate moves for pretty much all the characters. As long as they make it non-canon, it could work.

I think we made a list in the Danganronpa community thread too. It was actually pretty easy to come up with movesets and ultimate moves for pretty much all the characters. As long as they make it non-canon, it could work.

Maybe it was in the Danganronpa community thread and I don't remember right. lol

FluxWaveZ

Here's a move list I made for DR1 and DR2 characters (Spoilers).

In short: it is possible. I also initially thought the idea was absurd, but so is a Persona dancing game (or a Danganronpa dancing game). Have it take place in a
corrupted Neo World Program
and done.

And not that I think they'll be doing it, but I can easily see a fighting game spin-off before a dancing game one.

petghost

Banned
Was hoping that the 3rd game would break the structure up bit cuz I think they've already done basically all they can with that but whatever they have spin offs and I'm happy to play anything they put out.

Huh. So they are doing another students killing game thing?

I mean, it would have been stale in (or by) the second game if not for one very great character.

I want to be hyped, but I don't know if I can do it a third time (and I loved the first two).

it's not like anyone else is going to be making a high school-focused fighting game including characters with special talents like swimming, baseball, and photography any time in the near future

GamerJM

Banned
Huh. So they are doing another students killing game thing?

I mean, it would have been stale in (or by) the second game if not for one very great character.

I want to be hyped, but I don't know if I can do it a third time (and I loved the first two).

Yeah, although I'm excited for this, I will say I'm curious how they can carry on with the premise after the second game. I probably would have been satisfied with the series if they just ended it there. Though I haven't played AE beyond the opening yet so maybe there's something there that alludes to a third game, idk.

Alo0oy

Banned
I'll only buy this if a collection of the previous games comes out on PS4.

Who am I kidding? With all the praise, if that collection doesn't happen, I'll just watch a let's play on Youtube.

Kinsei

Banned

Who am I kidding? With all the praise, if that collection doesn't happen, I'll just watch a let's play on Youtube.

You'd be better off reading the script than watching an LP. These games are 20+ hours long.

Just get a PSTV. By the time 3 comes out here, you could probably get one of those for like $10.

wbEMX

Played the first two chapters of Danganronpa on a buddy's Vita and I really liked what I played. Will be an instabuy if they port the first two games and Another Episode to PS4.

JJP12

Sign me up! I'm still early in AE but it hasn't really grabbed me like the first two games. I'm excited to get back to the whodunit game play.

redhood56

Banned
For those asking about the ports of the other games, has the vr tech demo of 1 confirmed as the full game? Now I hope they do a sequel with 3 because I am very interested how the plot moves forward from 2.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'll take spin-offs before any more mainline games after 3. Easier to swallow if they're a different genre and story structure. Worked well with Persona IMO.

Prelude.

For those asking about the ports of the other games, has the vr tech demo of 1 confirmed as the full game? Now I hope they do a sequel with 3 because I am very interested how the plot moves forward from 2.
Do you seriously think they'd remake the first game completely in VR for the PS4?
They're not aiming to sell negative copies, you know?

redhood56

Banned
Do you seriously think they'd remake the first game completely in VR for the PS4?
They're not aiming to sell negative copies, you know?
Then why did Kodaka(I think it was Kodaka?) say to look forward to tgs for more details on it when the tech demo was unveiled.
Edit: Also wasn't a DR VR logo on the list of pvr games? Or was that just the tech demo?
Edit 2 electric boogaloo: thanks for the clarification flux

FluxWaveZ

Then why did Kodaka(I think it was Kodaka?) say to look forward to tgs for more details on it when the tech demo was unveiled.

Because more of it will be shown, and this is the first time it's being publicly shown in Japan. The logo for Cyber DR was there during the PlayStation VR segment of the SCEJA presser.

Top Bottom