• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dark Souls Announcement Coming? Like a Facebook page to find out.

Orayn

Is it the April issue?

The April issues of PC Power Play (Australia) and PC Action (Germany) both have something about it.

Nasty. Play it as intended, or don't play it. There is a design philosophy behind what they did with the multiplayer.

They'll just have to add an "Order of Gaben" covenant that lets you summon and invade people from your Steam friends list.

Emitan

I'm going to one-up you by buying TWO copies the PICOSECOND it's on Steam. One for me, one for Bro Team Pill in hopes that he'd make a video about it.

I'm going to email Gabe and tell him to preorder it for me before it's up.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'll let this here.

died.png

PdM5d.gif

Orayn

Dark Souls PC?

Oh fuck yes I will double dip. So excited. Love the two games in the "Souls" series.

From Software has said that dark fantasy RPGs are in their DNA, strongly implying that the series will continue. (If the Namco-Bandai press event in April has them announcing Souls 3, I will flip the fuck out in a good way.)

cj_iwakura

Phyre, the engine used for both Souls games, has native support for PC. GRID and the DIRT series also use it, and have shown us that it can look absolutely phenomenal at high resolutions with oodles of post-processing.

From also put Ninja Blade on PC and I don't know of any major problems with it.

Good to know, but this is a game I can't see myself DDing for. Too many hours into my awesome character. (And my PC suuuucks.)

Booshka

PC Port for this would be amazing. I would love to see a Pro-Mode for the PvP in this game, balanced and designed for competitive dueling. PvP has a lot of potential in this game, and as is it is still amazing, but with community support and PC modding tools, it could be truly amazing.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
playing this game again with a solid frame-rate is way more exciting than it really should be

Orayn

Good to know, but this is a game I can't see myself DDing for. Too many hours into my awesome character. (And my PC suuuucks.)

Cloud saves, dude. CLOUD SAVES! Valve throws those in for free if they make it a Steamworks release, in addition to achievements, multiplayer infrastructure, anti-cheat, and other nice things.

EDIT: Never mind, misunderstood your post by reading "DD" as "digital distribution" and inferring that you wouldn't want to lose a character in a hard drive crash.

Cloud saves, dude. CLOUD SAVES! Valve throws those in for free if they make it a Steamworks release, in addition to achievements, multiplayer infrastructure, anti-cheat, and other nice things.

That's the dream. Give me this Namco and I will build a new PC. Till then I will keep playing on 360.

well damn. looks like my "build a new pc" plans are getting pushed forward. boxed special edition for my collection thanks please ok. with tea-towel map of course.

i hope with a PC version they'd be able to fix matchmaking and maybe make it easier to match with friends. And of course 120fps baby. If not, then I'm sure modders will do that job.

If there is an easier way to play with my friends then I'd be estatic

in my experience it's actually been quite easy to pair with friends. as long as you meet the SL requirements, have one person put their sign down in an out-of-the-way place and keep refreshing it until the other person sees it. never taken longer than 5 or so minutes for me, and after you've paired once it seems you'll see each others signs straight away for the rest of the session.

Booshka

in my experience it's actually been quite easy to pair with friends. as long as you meet the SL requirements, have one person put their sign down in an out-of-the-way place and keep refreshing it until the other person sees it. never taken longer than 5 or so minutes for me, and after you've paired once it seems you'll see each others signs straight away for the rest of the session.

Yep, it's not too tough to do, I've played through 3 full playthroughs with different friends using this strategy. It's not too hard, and after you get one successful summon, they work quickly after that.

This game would push me over to make a custom build PC without a doubt...I already loved the console version a lot but 60fps would be insane.

Top Bottom