• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Age: Origins Screenshots And Trailer

JayDubya

Banned
Minsc said:
What about female with female and male with male achievements?
At this point we have no idea which, if any, romanceable characters are bisexual, but such a thing is not without precedent in a Bioware game.

Hell, why not have whole orgy achievements?

Fable 2 had one of those. :p Jade Empire did have the possibility of an offscreen threesome, though.

And an achievement for not sleeping with anyone?

Alpha Protocol will have that one, actually.

Victrix

*beard*
"BioWare today announced that Dragon Age: Origins will get its first downloadable expansion on day one. Called the Warden's Keep, the DLC will add a dungeon-based quest to the game along with six new abilities, a variety of items, and a base where players can trade with merchants. It will feature a supernatural storyline set in an ancient--and possibly haunted--fortress once used as a redoubt by the Grey Wardens, the ancient order at the center of Origins' main storyline. (A magic suit of Grey Warden armor will be one of the items in the add-on.)

The Warden's Keep will be available for MSP 560 ($7) on Xbox Live Marketplace and $7 on the PC on November 3. It will cost the same price on the PlayStation Store when the PlayStation 3 version of Dragon Age goes on sale later in November. For a sneak peek, peruse the trailer below: "

nerd ragin

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Victrix said:
"BioWare today announced that Dragon Age: Origins will get its first downloadable expansion on day one. Called the Warden's Keep, the DLC will add a dungeon-based quest to the game along with six new abilities, a variety of items, and a base where players can trade with merchants. It will feature a supernatural storyline set in an ancient--and possibly haunted--fortress once used as a redoubt by the Grey Wardens, the ancient order at the center of Origins' main storyline. (A magic suit of Grey Warden armor will be one of the items in the add-on.)

The Warden's Keep will be available for MSP 560 ($7) on Xbox Live Marketplace and $7 on the PC on November 3. It will cost the same price on the PlayStation Store when the PlayStation 3 version of Dragon Age goes on sale later in November. For a sneak peek, peruse the trailer below: "

nerd ragin

eprhfs.gif

Doytch

Day one DLC :lol Go fuck yourselves Bioware.

"It will feature a supernatural storyline set in an ancient--and possibly haunted--fortress once used as a redoubt by the Grey Wardens, the ancient order at the center of Origins' main storyline. (A magic suit of Grey Warden armor will be one of the items in the add-on.)"
Who writes this shit?

taoofjord said:
I'm totally with everyone here who thinks that Dragon Age is embarassing. I hate to say it, because at the end of the day, these peopel are hard working and no doubt passionate about what they're doing. I'm happy for them that they got these jobs... but when all is said and done, this game just doesn't live up to the Bioware name. Everything about the technical and artistic side of its presentation is a let down. If anything, this should blow away Mass Effect - but at the very least be able to stand along side it.

I can forgive its technical shortcomings, or at least, I could if the art direction was anything worth ogling... but it's one of the most bland looking games I've seen from a high profile company. It's very confused, inconcistent, and unoriginal. What a shame.

On top of all that, the writing isn't good from what they've shown in the trailers. For me, RPGs live or die by their story and the trailers (awful marketing aside) don't show me a story that I want to invest many hours of my life into.

And with other, better stories coming out in a couple weeks... why bother with this? Brutal Legend and Uncharted 2 will definitely scratch my "I need a good video game story itch".

And for the PC gamers, well, there are a bunch of great stories to sink your teeth into. Go play Ben There, Dan That! or Time Gentlemen, Please! or play some of the classic pc adventure games you missed. Or, hell, just go play Planescape: Torment again.

Holy crap. Point me to where you got a copy of the game, because I want it!

Doytch

fastford58 said:
Holy crap. Point me to where you got a copy of the game, because I want it!
If you want to be witty Junior, at least try to do it when the poster doesn't explicitly state that he's going off the trailers.

Victrix said:
Called the Warden's Keep, the DLC will add a dungeon-based quest to the game along with six new abilities, a variety of items, and a base where players can trade with merchants.

In this day and age I'm pretty well used to the fact that most companies are going to try to nickel and dime for extra armor / items or quests. But the idea of missing out on abilities, something that I would consider a main part of the basic game mechanics, on day one just strikes me as especially repugnant. That's just freaking low.

Victrix said:

nerd ragin

Hmmm this doesn't look really good.

They basically left this content out of the game and decided to charge more.

bathala said:
I haven't bought a single DLC from Bioware, because they're pretty avg.

Now. Bathesda that's another story

The first mass effect dlc was average. The second though, that was $5 of pure shit. I'll be passing on this unless I'm just in love with DA and people are raving about it. I'd say the odds are pretty low both of those will happen. The game may be good, but bioware's record with DLC is spotty.

Victrix

*beard*
Particularly since they're including the editor, wait a few months and we'll have modules coming out our ears

(waiting for someone to remake this DLC :lol )

NewLib

Banned
I understand the reasoning why this portion wasnt put in the game proper (they had already got the game going on the get-ready to release modeand just had the designers work on DLC in the mean time), but they really shouldnt have charged.

Victrix said:
Particularly since they're including the editor, wait a few months and we'll have modules coming out our ears

(waiting for someone to remake this DLC :lol )

By the sounds of it the content is probably already on the disc. Who's betting modders have it unlocked within a week of release. :lol

sh4mike

TheFightingFish said:
In this day and age I'm pretty well used to the fact that most companies are going to try to nickel and dime for extra armor / items or quests. But the idea of missing out on abilities, something that I would consider a main part of the basic game mechanics, on day one just strikes me as especially repugnant. That's just freaking low.
Yes. Agreed. A bit angry about it.

Zaptruder

Banned
Day 1 DLC? Fuck it. I've got other games to play Bioware.

If you're going to fuck your customers, at least use your brains a little. Make it appear like you're not screwing them. FFS.

Asmodai

Banned
You kidding me?

That's the most blatant nickel and diming bullshit I've ever seen, actually saying "not only are we chopping up the game's content for pre-order bonuses, but we'll also be charging you for small pieces of it on Day 1!"

If I needed a reason to stop watching this game, this was definitely it.

Draft

Day one DLC :lol

As if I needed any more evidence that this is a summer 2010 title. I'll be playing Dragon Age: Origins right around the time the PC fanbase has turned it into a decent game.

Asmodai

Banned
Draft said:
Day one DLC :lol

As if I needed any more evidence that this is a summer 2010 title. I'll be playing Dragon Age: Origins right around the time the PC fanbase has turned it into a decent game.

Modders aren't miracle makers Draft :lol

paranoidfortean said:
Can't wait to play. I'll buy DLC day 1 and not complain about it. I like video games.

Why did you guys choose to use marylin manson in the trailers?

Anyone else want to ask some questions while we have a bioware rep posting in the thread?

elrechazao said:

Anyone else want to ask some questions while we have a bioware rep posting in the thread?

To check if you motherfuckers were ready for the new shit.

Owzers

Ughhhhhhhhhhh, and i was just starting to think about pre-ordering this on Amazon.

Probably wait for the inevitable " Dragon Age: Origins: Game of the Year Edition" with all the dlc bundled in.

Asmodai

Banned
silverbullet1080 said:
Day one DLC? Really Bioware? How fucking stupid do you think people that buy your games are? :lol

This stupid:

paranoidfortean said:
Can't wait to play. I'll buy DLC day 1 and not complain about it. I like video games.

elrechazao said:

Bioware reps aren't that dumb.

Wait a second...the marketing guys behind Dragon Age? Ok....maybe.

nubbe

Just wait for the GOTY or classic edition and all the shitty DLC will be bundled at a reduced price.

Early adopters always gets fucked.

Aaron

iratA said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but we still haven't seen any PS3 footage yet, have we?
Does it matter? Anyone buying this for anything but PC is going to be disappointed no matter what.

Owzers

Aaron said:
Does it matter? Anyone buying this for anything but PC is going to be disappointed no matter what.

"No matter what"? No. If it's a good game i'll be happy with the ps3/xbox 360 version even if the pc version has better controls and mods.

iratA

Aaron said:
Really? Do tell. I love it when people choose to deal in absolutes.

Officially going to pass on Dragon Age. I love you Bioware, but I can't stand for a day one DLC release. Sometimes a man's gotta stand up for his beliefs.

Jenga

Banned
Day 1 DLC = Day 365 purchase.

I'll wait for the Dragon Age + all DLC deals for half price, thank you kindly.
Chances are an expansion will be around the corner too by then :lol

Aaron

iratA said:
Really? Do tell. I love it when people choose to deal in absolutes.
Funny that you didn't bold the key word 'disappointed.' I'm not saying people won't enjoy the game, but how can you not be disappointed to not get user made mods, have a worse control scheme, and lesser graphics?

iratA

The day one dlc doesn't upset me tbh. DLC is all about value to me at the end of the day. If there is enough content in this DLC and the main game doesn't feel like its been left short, i.e they pulled this content from the main game to sell it as DLC, I don't really see the problem.

At this point in time with the delay to the PS3 version and lack of footage available, I'm more concerned about how well it might hold up against the other versions. It would be my platform of choice. Put our minds at ease Bioware please.

Aaron said:
I'm not saying people won't enjoy the game, but how can you not be disappointed to not get user made mods, have a worse control scheme, and lesser graphics?

Some people (like me) don't care about that stuff. My computer (which actually couldn't play dragon age anyway) is mostly for looking up stuff for papers, internet surfing and masturbating. I prefer games on consoles and on my TV. I do think that Dragon Age will more than likely play better on the PC, but it doesn't bother me.

And it looks like the graphics are sucking either way, although I guess some mods could make it better, but by the time they come out I wouldn't care about Dragon Age anymore anyway.

Top Bottom