• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Ball movie announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxword

Why is Gokuh fighting a big purple rabbit

Because he already fought a big purple lizard.

hkLSS.jpg

This new villain does look a lot more like a DB villain than a DBZ villain. On the other hand, the pale guy with a staff and a halo around his neck looks like something straight out of a JRPG.

jaxword

If I were a rich man, I would gladly and personally find a GOOD Western Dragonball series.

I honestly would like to see Western artists (Superman, Spiderman, etc) draw the series and put the Superhero style spin on it.

MechaX

Meh, this new villain might be more powerful than Buu, but he'll pale in comparison to the likes of General Rildo, Baby, Super 17, and Omega Shenron. So this is boring.

jaxword

Meh, this new villain might be more powerful than Buu, but he'll pale in comparison to the likes of General Rildo, Baby, Super 17, and Omega Shenron. So this is boring.

Prepare your shield for the massive rebuttal attacks of how GT isn't canon.

And rightly so.

Noway is he stronger than Janemba, who in my nerdy opinion, was the strongest villain in Z if you count movies. Jenemba would kick Buu and Hilendgram ass at the same time.

What are the chances Future Trunks shows up?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I still don't understand why Gohan never went SSJ after receiving the sword power up in the Buu Saga during his fight against Majin Buu.

I still don't understand why Gohan never went SSJ after receiving the sword power up in the Buu Saga during his fight against Majin Buu.

He didn't have to, apparently his maximum potentional was unlocked, transforming would have only changed the color of his hair. I think I remember seeing somewhere he ended up being almost as strong as Goku in his third transformation.

Mr. Fix

I thought it was because SSJ was replaced with his awakening power-up, so that any attempt to go SSJ would just default to that. I'm might be wrong on that though.

He didn't have to, apparently his maximum potentional was unlocked, transforming would have only changed the color of his hair. I think I remember seeing somewhere he ended up being almost as strong as Goku in his third transformation.

Gohan is the strongest non-fusion hero at the end of the Buu Saga. Definitely stronger than SSJ3 Goku anyway.

snorggy

I know this isn't directly related to the movie, but all this dragon ball talk has me feeling... nostalgic... is DBZ Kai good? I want to revisit the anime but without the fillers and I heard that was the point of Kai?

jaxword

Didn't have to, Old Kai basically says he now has SSJ strength without having to go all "flashy" and energy-wasting like the SSJ state is.

Mr. Fix

I know this isn't directly related to the movie, but all this dragon ball talk has me feeling... nostalgic... is DBZ Kai good? I want to revisit the anime but without the fillers and I heard that was the point of Kai?

It doesn't have Bruce Faulconer.

Mr. Fix

According to wiki, whose source is from the V-Jump issue last month:

His power surpasses that of all the main Dragon Ball Z villains: Frieza, Cell, and Majin Buu. V-Jump also notes that Bills is without a doubt the strongest being in the history of Z. He usually uses his power to destroy planets, and he is strong enough to destroy even an entire galaxy. Also, Bills can stop a charge from Super Saiyan 3 Goku with only one finger.

More candy Vegito please. If they don't use fusion, he'll probably be taken out like a chump.

params7

Banned
Is Bills absolutely the most powerful thing to have ever appeared in the universe or do Vegetto and Buuhan still top him?

params7

Banned
.... SSJ Why do I keep seeing "SSJ"... oh lord, this is taking me back to those bad rom translation days.

I know it irritated me at first too..but I picked up the habbit from the way purists/manga/Japanese watchers wrote it and now I can't kick it. SS1 just doesn't seem right lol.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

Of corse, his maximum was supposed to have been unlocked against Cell...

And Gohan was far stronger than Goku. Goku could put up a struggle against Kid Buu and Majin Buu, but against Super Buu he was completely helpless. Gohan, of course, had no problem dealing with Super Buu.

This means gohan's contribution alone to the spirit bomb should have been enough to destroy buu, since kid buu was far weaker than Super Buu, but Toriyama isn't exactly known for consistentcy in his stories :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom