• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New DS3/SIXAXIS Drivers For Windows - Includes Rumble Support

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
linkboy said:
Hate to bump up an old thread, but the motionjoy drives have now gotten a signature from Microsoft.

Dual Shock 3 drivers signed

Post of the fucking year, and best bump E*V*E*R!!!!!

Seriously linkboy, you are a lifesaver for giving us fellow gaffers the heads up on this new update to the driver. My friend and I were JUST about to give up trying to figure out how to install these damn drivers on our Windows 7 machines because of all the complicated bullshit steps you have to go through. We were both pulling our hair out with the whole drivers signing BS. But now, with these new drivers they work perfect and are a breeze to install.

Thanks so much linkboy it's truly appreciated dude.

kpx0

Banned
is motionjoy the best option to use for wired? i tried using motionjoy over bluetooth but hated how it completely jacked all my bluetooth drivers

kpx0 said:
is motionjoy the best option to use for wired? i tried using motionjoy over bluetooth but hated how it completely jacked all my bluetooth drivers
I'm pretty sure it's the best option right now.

If you install it, just make sure you disable or detach your Bluetooth devices from your computer, though, if you don't want to use them with the PS3 controller.

You should remove the drivers (there's an option in the program to do that) then re-install with your Bluetooth devices not connected.

Binabik15

I might be retarded, but I can´t get it to work.

I have version 6.003, W7 64 bit and the msi Btoes 2.1 EDR Micro Dongle, which I bought after amazon reviews said it worked great with motionjoy. It even looks like the dongle the programm itself advertizes, as it turns out. Supported features page looked like the one in the how to video.

When my sixaxis was hooked up with USB everything in the controller test page worked, d-pad, buttons, triggers etc when set to analogue gamepad 2. I selected pair, unplugged my sixais and when I test the controller now, the sticks don´t work, even though it´s still set to the "2" option. Switching to "3" the buttons still work and the sticks still, well, don´t work.

The "Bluetooth Adapter" fields are now empty again, no model, manufacturer, id whatever shown.

Doesn´t help that the website isn´t really helpoful.

Dwayne

I can't get bluetooth to work either. I've heard bad things about uninstalling their bluetooth driver as well :/

Despite how well it does work in USB mode and all the options, the overall presentation of the software is terrible. Would love to see a clean slick version of this come out.

Dwayne said:
I can't get bluetooth to work either. I've heard bad things about uninstalling their bluetooth driver as well :/

Despite how well it does work in USB mode and all the options, the overall presentation of the software is terrible. Would love to see a clean slick version of this come out.

I was hoping there would be a cleaner version of this by now also. I loathe the interface and it can still be clunky at times getting your controller to connect. There are some leaked official drivers but it doesn't have 360 controller emulation and I'm not sure how good they work outside of that.

Van Owen

Banned
I leave the manufactures USB Bluetooth drivers intact and it works. It can be a little picky after inrestart the computer, but it usually just involves relaunching motionjoy and doing a quick resync.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
gregor7777 said:
It's a shame Sony won't publish their own driver for the DS3. Definitely a missed opportunity for them.
Worse part is that they have their own drivers. Or at least, the DC Universe Online devs had drivers they used.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
gregor7777 said:
It's a shame Sony won't publish their own driver for the DS3. Definitely a missed opportunity for them.
A definite shame but they do work if you spend time with them. And I don't mean a lot of time either.

The BT driver. If you have a compatible one it will show up in the BT tab. I didin't have install my MSI adapter. It shows up as "Bluetooth Adabter" - Adabter, that's the way it shows but it works. From there you go into the driver tab and DO NOT INSTALL but load the drivers into the BT dongle and your DS3. Make sure you have the DS3 plugged into USB at this point then click the boxes to verify that you want to load the driver and then hit the load button. It will seem like it froze but then install. From here if you want to get the BT to work wirelessly go to that tab. It should show you a MAC address for the bt dongle and you sync the DS3 from there. Once synced it won't turn your PS3 on anymore if you have it synced to that. If it worked like it should it will light up.

LiquidMetal14 said:
A definite shame but they do work if you spend time with them. And I don't mean a lot of time either.

I disagree. I tried using MotionInJoy before they were signed and I couldn't get them to work after about an hour of trying. It may be a different story now, but hearing others complain about the same things makes me think the drivers still aren't ready for primetime.

Either way, it's just so much easier to use a 360 controller. Support for the DS3 should be near that type of quality.

Top Bottom