• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy VII Remake Gameplay Screenshot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Famassu

My mind goes to places when I see something like this though. I keep having worst case scenario flashes in my head lol.

In a shooter game yes, but I just can't agree with you in a game like this.
This is an action RPG, positioning oneself to avoid getting (as much) damage is important in action RPGs. Having a cover system != this is now Gears of War/Uncharted. Just means you can take a bit of a breather behind cover without getting bombarded with bullets.

daitoqu

Cropped & leveled

zpiyYPP.jpg

DKHF

Saving it for a real event I guess, but what kind of whackos think over a year is an appropriate wait time when the director has material to show?
They might only be allowed to show FFVIIR trailers at Sony conferences due to their major partnership with them for this game. And the last year has been all focused on FFXV, we're only just now far away enough from XV for them to feel comfortable showing it. So this E3 will be the first Sony event I think they will want to show it at since 2015, now that XV's out of the way.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Why is the HP so high for the first level?
The game is 5 years from being released and some people don't get this? Stage/stat-balancing is something that usually happens very late during the game development. Same reason why we see e.g. enemies in Dark Souls being very weak during previews. Shit's undertuned for preview-purposes.

Saving it for a real event I guess, but what kind of whackos think over a year is an appropriate wait time when the director has material to show?

He had lots of material to show for Versus and it was all smoke and mirrors, there was never a game. I love Nomura and this is my most anticipated game, but i dont even want to see it again until they can at least give me a release window.

Famassu

Nomura said the same thing about Versus XIII/XV. Look how that turned out. I think Tabata will take over this project next year and the history shall repeat itself.
Difference being that FFXIV 1.0/ARR were still hampering most big scale development around that time and what workforce they DID have outside of FFXIV for console level projects was largely working on the XIII sequels + some smaller portable projects, so FFVsXIII never truly got off the ground for a long enough time for it to get to the point that it would start getting more of the spotlight. Then they moved the project completely to current gen consoles and did a somewhat of a reboot of it, which prevented them from showing the game even longer.

Now there are no FFXIV type projects that take the attention of most of SQEX & their mothers, FFXV's (main) development has finished so a portion of that dev team have likely moved on to projects like FFVIIR + they have multiple outsourced partners like CC2 working on the game as we speak, next-gen is still so far off that there is no fear of this getting moved to PS5 or being a cross-gen title or getting rebooted for any other reason, AND this is likely the next big FF game to be released, so it's likely they'll start to give FFVII a lot of their in-house attention. This is not another FFVsXIII, no matter how much you overly pessimistic Nomura-haters love to fantasize it to be.

He had lots of material to show for Versus and it was all smoke and mirrors, there was never a game. I love Nomura and this is my most anticipated game, but i dont even want to see it again until they can at least give me a release window.

We must have different definitions of "lots" if you thought Versus had "lots" of material to show. Versus was a different game from a different and more troubled time in SE's history. What there was or wasn't of Versus is up to the historians, but VII:R is a done deal for legacy alone. If he has something to show, they should show it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The circles all over the map indicates (I think) a new mechanic in which I think the player should avoid standing in. Perhaps Guard Scorpion's (or any enemy for that matter?) "special attacks" e.g. tail laser?

c48ajhrxuaqvmd1.jpgla9eujr.jpg

Yoshichan

If friendly fire is off how can you unconfuse people. Nomura pls go.
Fuck that, how will the fight against Reno work? LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE.

Some mechanics will be left out, personally I don't have anything against this.

bigol

Guard Scorpion fight (First boss):

C48ajhrXUAQVMD1.jpg:large

Shown at Magic Monaco by Nomura

What is that triangle command shown for (The one above Cloud's head)? Maybe limits? You press triangle and execute limit level 1, or wait more until the ATB barf reaches level 3 and execute level 3 limit (when it's unlocked)?

Dascu

The circles all over the map indicates (I think) a new mechanic in which I think the player should avoid standing in. Perhaps Guard Scorpion's (or any enemy for that matter?) "special attacks" e.g. tail laser?

https://abload.de/img/c48ajhrxuaqvmd1.jpgla9eujr.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Impact points for the missiles, most likely.

There are a few people stating that they think the ATB gauge means the game will be semi-turn-based or something of the sort. Dragging this quote up from an old interview.

Novacrystallis said:
There is an ATB gauge, but it won’t be like the original version where you get to attack when the gauge fills up, but an action-based system that can only be done through the Final Fantasy VII Remake. Kitase says that they may even change the name to something else other than ATB. Nomura also teases that the part you’ll want to pay attention to is how “the ATB gauge may also turn red.”

So nah, the ATB gauge is not indicative of a light turn-based element. Game will likely be full action with free movement of your characters.

bigol

i watched better, think it's triangle to execute moves according to the selected menu section like Attack, Magic, Materia, Item.

Yoshichan

i watched better, think it's triangle to execute moves according to the selected menu section like Attack, Magic, Materia, Item.

omg ffxiii (lol)

Yoshichan

Better than Demon's Souls?

One game reignited my love towards games.

The other single-handedly made me into who I am today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom