• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Final Fantasy XV cam videos - Luminous Studio tools/tech + Open world exploration

Exentryk

Also, was that a Sea Lion and a Medusa there? I couldn't see clearly. Definitely will analyse when higher quality trailers are up.

LuuKyK

Thanks. Updated.

Welcome. :)

Not sure if this is worth adding too:

Sal posted backups, in case they get taken down later. Here:

Also, there is a SE stream scheduled for 9ish hours from now. If you want to put the link in the OP. It will probably have HD footage of what we've seen here.

It still feels so surreal that we're getting such a wealth of information after years of nothing. Everything looks amazing, and Japanese voices would be really great given I don't have faith in the English cast

duckroll

So in less than 9 hours from now we'll see actual footage uploaded rather than a cam recorded footage? Awesome cant wait :O

Yes there will be a HD stream on Youtube where Tabata will talk about the same shit but without the time constraints of a live presentation. We'll probably see all this stuff in direct-feed, and maybe more.

HeelPower

It just looks fucking stupid how Noctis is running around in all black in such a sunny field. Noctis by far has the shittiest FF character design.

The game might have some outfit customization so who knows.

Also I don't think the game will be that realistic.

OmegaDL50

Well it would make sense if you compare it to how launch of FFXIII went.

FFXIII:
March 2009: demo
December 2009: Japanese release
March 2010: Western release

FFXV:
March 2015: demo
December 2015: Japanese release (?)
March 2016: Western release (?)

They could also be localizing the game while they are developing in prep of a worldwide release.

Not many RPGs developed in Japan get translated into English during development but has happened before, it's rare though.

Lebron

The scale is pretty impressive. We already knew the graphics and music would be there.

Zero faith in the story, and the gameplay is still a toss up for me--I'll have to play it.

Stark

Banned
Yes there will be a HD stream on Youtube where Tabata will talk about the same shit but without the time constraints of a live presentation. We'll probably see all this stuff in direct-feed, and maybe more.

That's what I'm expecting/hoping for. Going to get a wealth of new information for sure, too.

Kamek

The wait since sophomore year of high school is going to be so worth it. Man, this is giving me Xenoblade vibes, which is a good thing. This game will rock so hard.

Wtf, I actually wasn't that impressed with the TGS trailer cause it looked all CgI and stuff, but now i'm 100% hyped!! This looks amazing and the exploration will be awesome! Ships, Chocobos, and a lot of open world stuff. This looks amazing. I can't wait to do all the side missions and try and find all the hidden stuff. Thats what FF is for me. awesome

injurai

Banned
Its giving me FFVII vibes.

FFVII had very humbly designed and grounded areas in the game.

Never did play 8, but the vibes are feeling pretty 1-1 for me with ep2. I'm just talking about that country side area, the shacks, powerlines, and the car.

Celcius

°Temp. member
My jaw dropped when it got to the cave. I hope they release a limited edition console alongside it because I'll be upgrading to current-gen when this gets released. :)

I'm still iffy on the combat. Doesn't seem to click with me too much, but any real time combat system is better than turn based stuff that I absolutely cant play anymore. This game will be amazing.

Famassu

Fair enough. I agree with this, the game looks a bit too realistic. I had that feeling when I saw the gas station. Understand I am not complaining! The visual result of the creature design looks great, topping what I expected from a next-gen FF.

Now, seeing this, I can't wait for news about the next Elder Scrolls.
Don't worry, FFXV is supposed to have its more fantasy-ish side, if they are still going with Nomura's way. He said he wanted FFXV to start off with these more "familiar" feeling areas and then they'd crank up the fantasy the further along you get in the game. This can be seen how. Noctis' home town is almost a (somewhat gothiefied) replica of Tokyo and this demo's "Duscae" area is also like some countryside outside of cities, but with some more fantasy elements. But then you get further along in the game and enter a city like Tenebrae, which is this totally gorgeous, super-fantasyfied version of Venice.

Famassu

the gas station

1343911695-stationnlu4u.jpg

worldmap_720p.mp4_201hculf.jpg
Good to see they haven't really scrapped all the hard work they did for the PS3 version, that they are at least somewhat re-using (maybe somewhat improved) assets from those days.

I'm still iffy on the combat. Doesn't seem to click with me too much, but any real time combat system is better than turn based stuff that I absolutely cant play anymore. This game will be amazing.
I remember it was pretty well done in that FF7 Psp game.. cantremember the name. Prequel with Zack

On topic:

Game looks visually beautiful and the scale is massive. Other than a few nitpicks (As much as I like the song, I hope they have more than just Gratia Mundi as an overworld theme), awesome showing.

It did.

I don't think there is any doubt about that.I totally believe in this theory that LR segues into FFXV's world.

Aside from the fact that they've stated over and over that the games aren't linked beyond a common mythos (which of itself has numerous differences) and the fact that this game is working off ideas from 2005. If anything LR took queues from XV in terms of overworld design.

HeelPower

Aside from the fact that they've stated over and over that the games aren't linked beyond a common mythos (which of itself has numerous differences) and the fact that this game is working off ideas from 2005. If anything LR took queues from XV in terms of overworld design.

LR has nothing in common with XV(thankfully)

Its just that Toriyama threw this ending together as if to "hint" at what's next.

The ending is terrible ,but its nice to have some hypothetical consistency with an upcoming game.

We've had videos on the battle system, and now exploration. Next I want some story-related information and clarification on the Luna/Stella thing.

I got fucking chills when they got out of the car and then just simply stepped off the road into the grass. That actually cemented the fact that this is a real game for me.

The lighting in the forest is unbelievable. Night time reminded me of Dragon's Dogma the way it was pitch black, and I loved it. I do wonder if there is a jump button, though. I know I'd be jumping through that entire area to move faster.

Now for that third video. Fuck, this made my week.

Andrefpvs

For some reason, I absolutely LOVED watching the exploration video.

I think it reminded me of when I used to explore when I was younger.

raven777

I got fucking chills when they got out of the car and then just simply stepped off the road into the grass. That actually cemented the fact that this is a real game for me.

The lighting in the forest is unbelievable. Night time reminded me of Dragon's Dogma the way it was pitch black, and I loved it. I do wonder if there is a jump button, though. I know I'd be jumping through that entire area to move faster.

Now for that third video. Fuck, this made my week.

they confirmed there is jump

Famassu

We've had videos on the battle system, and now exploration. Next I want some story-related information and clarification on the Luna/Stella thing.
That is perhaps what Jump Festa is about. Now that they've shown & told about two key gameplay aspects (and how they've changed/what they've morphed into during the years), they can perhaps reveal more about where they are going with the story.

At least Nomura's Kingdom Hearts Jump Festa trailers were always extremely story-heavy & heavily directed affairs with quick flashy glimpses of gameplay, less uncut gameplay footage.

Reminds me a little of FF XII because of the focus on bigger fields to explore and active combat... but with an environment that's Skyrim sized.

I hope the car has gas just like FF VII and we can stop at gas stations. Sometimes seems like a forgot feature but one of my favorite parts of VIII was the cars, trains, stations, etc of the world. Pretty cool to see that gas station along the road in that second video.

Even if there's no gameplay there though, still cool.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
That is perhaps what Jump Festa is about. Now that they've shown & told about two key gameplay aspects (and how they've changed/what they've morphed into during the years), they can perhaps reveal more about where they are going with the story.

At least Nomura's Kingdom Hearts Jump Festa trailers were always extremely story-heavy & heavily directed affairs with quick flashy glimpses of gameplay, less uncut gameplay footage.

When is Jump Festa? any chance for a new KH3 trailer?

Top Bottom