• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Fragile screens

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
monkeylite said:
Very pretty. Hope it makes it through localisation, but somehow I doubt it will.

I bet there is a chance. It's not like the Wii is overflowing with RPG's in N.A at the moment.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Looks fantastic. The art style would have benefitted greatly from a more powerful system, but what can you do? Still looks very appealing.

edit - Ah, I see that it is indeed a Wii game. :( Now I have to hope for a US release.

Durante

dark10x said:
Looks fantastic. The art style would have benefitted greatly from a more powerful system, but what can you do? Still looks very appealing.
I'd be careful, I got banned for saying the exact same thing when it was first unveiled. I still agree though.

dark10x said:

edit - Ah, I see that it is indeed a Wii game. :( Now I have to hope for a US release.

What else could it be?

ethelred

Durante said:
I'd be careful, I got banned for saying the exact same thing when it was first unveiled. I still agree though.

Weren't you banned for derailing an entire thread with repeated remarks about how it should have been on a different system when we knew virtually nothing at all about it or how it would play?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Dragona Akehi said:
What else could it be?
I actually thought it was either a PS2 or Wii title, but then I looked closely at the website and, sure enough, it's a Wii game. If it were PS2 I could have at least imported it as I own a JP PS2 (hence the disappointment).

The fact that all the shots were 4:3 and 640x448 (PS2 resolution) seemed like another hint towards PS2, though.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Digital Limit said:
Is this for the DS?

kylej said:
hope they port this to 360. music and screens are nice.

You two, outside, NOW.

Anyway, looks creepy, nice art direction, and hopefully the gameplay mechanics are sound, maybe Namco are making an effort on Wii after all, medium hopes for this one, that is if it ever gets to the UK, ever, maybe :(

B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
Wait....This is a wii game?
It looks at ds or at best psp level

I want your DS

/Ethelred.

Durante

ethelred said:
Weren't you banned for derailing an entire thread with repeated remarks about how it should have been on a different system when we knew virtually nothing at all about it or how it would play?
We knew about the art style and atmosphere, which was the basis for me saying that a) I love it and b) it would benefit from being on a more powerful system. Exactly like dark10x just did independently, so it seems like that wasn't such a strange thought after all. And that's all I'm going to say on that matter. (And I only repeated my remarks because people apparently required clarification of such a simple idea)

Innotech

Banned
Durante said:
We knew about the art style and atmosphere, which was the basis for me saying that a) I love it and b) it would benefit from being on a more powerful system. Exactly like dark10x just did independently, so it seems like that wasn't such a strange thought after all. And that's all I'm going to say on that matter. (And I only repeated my remarks because people apparently required clarification of such a simple idea)
I dont think it would benefit that much in this particular case. This is an anime style game.

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
Looks really awesome. I think because it is coming to the Wii that it has the best chances of being localized. Look at other 3rd party games that don't normally come to the US but since they are on the Wii, someone sees the Wii being this cash cow and it is cheaper I would assume to localize a game than to make one from scratch.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Innotech said:
I dont think it would benefit that much in this particular case. This is an anime style game.

Doesn't stop the trolls from saying "Would work better on 360 or PS3" though, I thought that shit was banned outright anyway, just accept whatever platform a game is being made for (unless if it is for mobile phones) and comment accordingly, nobody gives a shit of you think it'll be better on whatever console, its pathetic.

Eteric Rice

I think some people here are walking on a very thin line.

Come on guys, it's a Wii game, you'll live.

Really.

Get off the line. (I've walked it many times, not worth it)

Innotech

Banned
Stop It said:
Doesn't stop the trolls from saying "Would work better on 360 or PS3" though, I thought that shit was banned outright anyway, just accept whatever platform a game is being made for (unless if it is for mobile phones) and comment accordingly, nobody gives a shit of you think it'll be better on whatever console, its pathetic.
I got banned once for saying Crush on PSP should be made for the wii also so Im not makin that mistake again.

Squeak

While the first track is nice it sounds a bit too close to some of Ryuichi Sakamotos stuff. Not that that's a bad thing, it just isn't very original at all.

To be a 360 title and or a ps3 one to less extent it would have space marines and a pallete of colours between grey and brown......so the fact that this game didnt follow these two formulas should have been a good clue...

Durante

AlternativeUlster said:
Looks really awesome. I think because it is coming to the Wii that it has the best chances of being localized. Look at other 3rd party games that don't normally come to the US but since they are on the Wii, someone sees the Wii being this cash cow and it is cheaper I would assume to localize a game than to make one from scratch.
You're right in the general case, but I don't think this is the kind of game that would benefit much from the "cash cow" phenomenon. However, it would also have the advantage of being among the very first JRPGs on Wii, so I think localizing it should at least be moderately profitable. I just hope the companies in question agree.

Mash

I have to be honest, I genuinely thought it was a really well done PSP game but the aspect-ratio threw me. It looks really good though really, it just shows what a good direction in terms of art and style can do.

Banned
Durante said:
Do you really want Darkx on your side? He's pretty much said the same thing for every wii game announced last year.

GremlinInTheMachine said:
Careers you should avoid: Anything involving eyesight.

LOOK at the screens this is the wii, the wii has Mario Galaxy witch looks amazing has a great art syle and more the 6 thing on screen at a time.

This game looks like shit,good art an one good song dosent fix that

Banned
B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
LOOK at the screens this is the wii, the wii has Mario Galaxy witch looks amazing has a great art syle and more the 6 thing on screen at a time.

seriously, just stop. Your not making yourself look intelligent right now.

Innotech

Banned
B_Rik_Schitthaus said:

I do agree that it needs some work, but shit? NO it definitely doesnt look like shit.

B_Rik_Schitthaus said:

If it were a PSP game, the main character would have mitten hands. If it were a DS game, the main character would have big triangles on his head.

It's a bit rough considering the Wii's horsepower, but it's not that nearly that rough. And they have plenty of time to sand the edges.

Cosmozone

WOW, heard the music for the first time. Truly beautiful. That's a big want here. Since I'm a Silent Hill fan, the whole concept strikes a chord inside me.

harSon

Banned
The art direction looks phenomenal, unfortunately the graphics are not on the same page. Consider me interested :)

Dai Kaiju

shagg_187 said:
fragile_wii.png

Oh come the fuck on.

Squeak

harSon said:
The art direction looks phenomenal, unfortunately the graphics are not on the same page. Consider me interested :)
You are not making sense.
New techniques and faster hardware are just new tools, nothing more.
It's like saying that you can't make a beautifull movie with a black and white camera and mono sound or a great song on a piano and with a guitar.
It's all about how you use your tools.

Bildi

birdchili said:
"exploration rpg"

third person, flashlight mechanic, other "tools", infrequent fighting, lots of atmosphere...

mmmmm:)
I haven't been keeping up with this game, but this sounds awesome. Definitely on my radar now.

The screens look really nice - the grittiness in some of them looks great.

Top Bottom