• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Fragile screens

Squeak said:
You are not making sense.
New techniques and faster hardware are just new tools, nothing more.
It's like saying that you can't make a beautifull movie with a black and white camera and mono sound or a great song on a piano and with a guitar.
It's all about how you use your tools.

That's a messy analogy but I can work with it. You can draw a masterpiece with crayons. I don't think anyone would argue that talent and vision can't overcome the limitations of a given medium and shine straight through. And sometimes that vision may even be better served by using a cruder medium like crayons. Maybe you want to use crayons to create a sense of irony.

But that's not what's going on with Fragile. The graphics aren't rough because that better serves the game's artistic vision. They're rough because either the developer is either lazy or on a tight budget. If it's the latter, there's nothing to complain about since that's the reality the dev has to deal with and so do we. But if it's the former, they really need to take a belt sander to their game. Or maybe just a palm sander. But still.

And yes, yes I am bored.

Arthas

Banned
Wow this has high standard written all over it. Hope we English speakers get it localized within the next 5 years.

Link Man

Banned
shagg_187 said:
Great music!

fragile_wii.png

OMG! Nice art! Infact, it... wait guys, someone's at the door.

lilsispool2006yo0copy.jpg
DO NOT pull the trigger!

Anyway, regarding the game, it's no bowling alley, but I'll take it.
:D

birdchili

GodfatherX said:
im stunned a 3rd party wii game that has great music, graphics and art design...wtf is happening?
people are trying to figure out how to sell software to the huge number of wii owners:)

beef3483

Hellsing321 said:
I can't believe people still get butthurt any time a Wii game comes along that is exclusive and not a mini-game collection.

It's just trolls trying to perpetuate a certain image. Nothing more.

Relaxed Muscle said:
How many chances of seeing this localized?...

Even more,how many chances of this arriving to EU?...

I think surfer girl said it's coming. Yes, I know.

BTW, does anyone know why Namco doesn't allow companies like Atlus to localize games that Hometek passes on?

Jackson

Looks really interesting! I'm digging the style and direction. It reminds me of Dennou Coil for some reason.

It'll sell 30,000 units total...

ivysaur12 said:
Is there any new information on the website?

Well, there is this short text - which I took the liberty to translate, along with the new pictures of the ruined amusement park :

"The empty amusement park"

Soon, the sun set, and the light faded, as well as the music.
There were no more laughters.

But, where and whom are those whispers-like voices from ?

The wind is blowing at the top of the big wheel, which is barely moving.

No, there is nobody in this amusement park.

ethelred

Jackson said:
Looks really interesting! I'm digging the style and direction. It reminds me of Dennou Coil for some reason.

It'll sell 30,000 units total...

No need to get overly optimistic.

Garcia said:
Looks very nice. The website's music is excellent.

Hope they'll release a trailer soon.

They have.

I'm tentatively interested in the game, the concept sounds quite interesting from what little I know and the sample of the music that I've heard is stunning. The caveats are even for a Wii game that looks rough as hell--that's being generous--and I've also never really enjoyed any of Namco's rpgs from start to finish. Admittedly I've only experience a few: Baten Kaitos (hated it), Tales of Symphonia (got bored halfway through, managed to finish it), Tales of Legendia (I do not know why I forced myself to play through this game), and Tales of the Abyss (got bored after ten hours and quit playing).

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
PSP game?
The art looks cool, and personally the music has me really interested.

hauton

?

It looks like a good game
I don't have a Wii and it's doubtful I will get one
It would probably fit to PSP, which I have

This isn't some troll, I'm genuinely interested.

hauton said:
?

It looks like a good game
I don't have a Wii and it's doubtful I will get one
It would probably fit to PSP, which I have

This isn't some troll, I'm genuinely interested.
Just because you don't have X system, doesn't mean you should plead for X game on Y system.

If you are genuinely interested, get a Wii. It's not like it's a bad console, or anything.

Normally it's the wiitards demanding ports of PS2 and PSP games but for the second time we have yet another demand for the port of a Wii game to the PS2 or PSP. At least this time it isn't a thread, it'll just derail a thread. Well that would be implying it was on topic in the first place.

hauton

I'm interested in it, that doesn't mean I'm interested in a Wii. I'm not insinuating it's a bad console, I'm just not interested in it right now.

But I'm just going to leave before this turns into a shitstorm.

legend166

I think the Wii remote as a flashlight mechanic has a lot of potential. I'm surprised no one else has used it other than Necro Nesia, lolol.

Top Bottom