• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New God of War 3 Screens

AshMcCool

"Well, one Thundercat that is. I'm a '80s kid so I was a huge fan of all the cartoons during that time. I always liked Panthro- he was smart and he had bad-ass nunchucks. This is my homage to that cool cartoon. This was definitely a fun one to paint up! Wonder if there'll ever be a movie based on this franchise... "

http://andyparkart.blogspot.com/

Denzar

Lion Heart said:
Where is this from? It looks a lot different than the last one I saw from the same scene.
It is from an updated build of the game.

It's the latest iteration of the Helios Head Rip (that we know of) and it's a direct pic from the TV screen itself.

Denzar

Double post, but hey!

GoW III's not so final box art:

gow_3_box_art.jpg

What do you guys think?

I seem to like it, but it's missing something.

Maybe they should add a reflection of a battle or some mythological monsters in Kratos' eye or something.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Yuck, maybe for the collectors edition but not for the final box. It's too vague for the average consumer.

Cerberus

The box art should be similar to the previous God of War games. Put Kratos in the foreground and a structure or enemy in the background.

DigiMish

It's cool, I like it. Better than the generic profile of a badass dude atop some Greek structure the first GOWI and II had.

MGS4 style this thing baby!

DigiMish said:
It's cool, I like it. Better than the generic profile of a badass dude atop some Greek structure the first GOWI and II had.

MGS4 style this thing baby!
How about MGS1? Still my favorite box art ever. In hindsight, it was an unbelievably cocky move. But it worked.

Don't mind that cover.

Doesn't carry that epic nature the other 2 do, but it's still cool.

Would prefer something more like the previous 2 or even something in a similar vein to Uncharted 2's cover. Some cool action sequence.

RavenFox

Banned
Deepack said:
Double post, but hey!

[IM]http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2009/10/gow_3_box_art.jpg[/IMG]

What do you guys think?

Maybe they should add a reflection of a battle or some mythological monsters in Kratos' eye or something.
They can't because his stare already killed them
chubigans said:
Yuck, maybe for the collectors edition but not for the final box. It's too vague for the average consumer.
What? This isn't some new franchise and that cover is very well done.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Deepack said:
Double post, but hey!

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2009/10/gow_3_box_art.jpg[IMG]

What do you guys think?

Maybe they should add a reflection of a battle or some mythological monsters in Kratos' eye or something.[/QUOTE]I'm getting some kinda hooligan vibe. :lol

I'd like an artsy boxart depicting Kratos and some enemies and environment. That'd be best.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
YYZ said:
Bad box art, hopefully actually not final.

going with other SCEA " not final box arts " this year and last year Uncharted 2 , Infamous, R2 , pretty much this will be the final one , they didn't changed any " not final " one before after releasing it for first time in their flickr or to any site.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
templeusox said:
Trailer comparison shots:

E3:

http://features.cgsociety.org/stories/2009_09/god/im04.jpg[IMG]

TGS:

[IMG]http://i34.tinypic.com/33m79za.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
The big difference is the shadows, and maybe the face of kratos (can't really tell due to it not being the same frame). But other than that it looks the same. The direct feed vs tv camera shot kinda skews it also.

obaidr

Banned
MvmntInGrn said:
This shot looks pretty freaky to me, can't put my finger on it though.

Looks more like photographed model than a game.

you know Jaffe was right at the first place. This IS painting came to life.

Oneself

About the proposed box art, I love it. Maybe to make it more ... action oriented or like every other box art ever; I'd take the white space on the left to melt another image in of some epic battle or something. Then, everyone would be happy.. I guess.

Ranger X

Bad_Boy said:
The big difference is the shadows, and maybe the face of kratos (can't really tell due to it not being the same frame). But other than that it looks the same. The direct feed vs tv camera shot kinda skews it also.

Better post effects (lighting is more blue, better depth of field, etc), no stupid bloom for nothing and blood on Kratos. This is pretty cool.

The new build makes the old build look like GOW HD.

Santa Monica builds the entire game first and then goes up from there, as opposed to building one complete level at a time. So it shouldn't be surprising to see the game look substantially better with each new build.

I just hope we get the new build for the demo, though I doubt it will happen.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
firef7y said:
So I went to the Eurogamer Expo today which was cool. They had some new games so I thought I'd share some impressions.

Games I played:
God of War III (PS3) Game of show for me. The graphics ranged from great to brilliant. The presentation was excellent, the production values high and it was extremely violent. this is the first time I've played a GOW game so I can't compare it to past games but this, Uncharted, MGS4 and the blu ray have made an extremely strong argument for me buying a PS3.

Found some impressions of the god of war 3 demo at the eurogamer expo. These impressions are from someone on another message board. I rehosted his photos because he was using imageshack.

259ia1x.jpg

qsnib5.jpg

243g6qr.jpg

iej8eg.jpg

foof8y.jpg

2iqftw4.jpg

29ohjjr.jpg

1112nit.jpg

25kqu4o.jpg

23vzxv4.jpg

15gefb5.jpg

artist

Banned
neojubei said:
Found some impressions of the god of war 3 demo at the eurogamer expo. These impressions are from someone on another message board. I rehosted his photos because he was using imageshack.

e2458d68.jpg
Best shot.

androvsky

Wow, it's like they suddenly found the light switch. Also, one of my biggest pet peeves this generation is flickering, jaggy shadows, but these look really sharp.

I'm sure it's just the screens but I hope the bloom isn't so obvious when the game is in motion. Meh.

Funny, to me it looks like there's a lot less bloom now, the big difference is everything's brighter and sharper now. In fact, I'd almost say it's a bit too bright; I'm guessing they just put in major changes to the lighting system, and are probably going to be tweaking it for a while yet.

Top Bottom