• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New God of War 3 Screens

Cirekiller said:
Take this shit to PMs, defending yourself is fine but I don't need an explaination for every damn post that you made today that doesn't relate to this game thread, regardless if you got called out for all of them or w/e.
True. My apologies. It just makes me cranky when someone make unfounded accusations about trolling.

It looks pretty good and they've definitely got an eye for artistic flare, but so far I don't see anything that looks like a painting come to life or that would suggest to me that GoW3 somehow represents some highwater mark for graphical fidelity.

bigfurb

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Maybe you're just being hyper sensitive. Please show me one instance where I'm "trolling" and not just stating an opinion you happen to disagree with. I'm not being provocative or making outlandish claims.

-I said the wand promo took some implied pot shots at the Wiimote despite being obviously inspired by it, which I don't think is a delusion at all. It seemed like a fairly transparent underlying implication, which isn't a huge surprise considering that the Wii is their main competitor in the realm of motion control atm. That's not even a commentary on the wand itself (whose functionality no one here can yet make a valid assement of), just typical PR bullshit.

-Yeah, I think power bricks are generally a good idea because they help keep a system cooler and can be replaced if a power surge blows it out. Dang, I'm soooo moronic. That's not even Sony specific, so once again I'm not sure what the stick up your ass is. It was just a response to someone else's opinion, which btw I'm perfectly fine with.

-In that same thread I said that the Slim (and new Elite) at $299 make the Wii look like an unappealing value proposition (ZOMG, I must be flaming the Wii now, man the stations!).

-Now in this thread I find the "looks like a painting" claim hyperbolic. I'm a painter and illustrator. I also said the game looks good (ZOMG, trolling!), but there's nothing about its aesthetic that looks like anything other than an HD action game. Did I just say its graphics don't transcend the medium? Get the pitchforks!

Oh, fuck it. Why am I explaining myself to you? I'm just an annoying moron.

edit: I'm flattered that someone who makes 0.05 posts per day would take a whole post to vent their anger at me though. ;)

And yet he's the hyper sensitive one :lol

Jaroof

Gribbix said:
gow3-5.jpg

=painting.
A painting that has come to life. :O

G_Berry

Banned
Boombloxer said:
Uncharted/Ratchet/KZ2 kinda sealed that already, these are just extra gravy. Between this, Uncharted 2, GT5, Ratchet 2, there really isn't an argument, console-wise.

Can't wait to finish the fight.

wow

hatchx

Banned
These shots are breathtaking. Day one.

I hope Sony allows for motion controls in it, even with a patch. It'd make it so fun!

Shit son. Don't forget the scale of this game, its unprecedented!

I always thought Hades was bigger though, I can take this guy down in 8-13 seconds (approx).

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
You know, as fantastic as those screens look, the thing that has me the most excited is that there isn't a HUD. A lot of people might not notice it, but I think it makes a huge impact on immersing you into the game. I think that's one of the reasons Sony's first party games look so much more photorealistic than most other games out there. Between GOW3, UC2, Crysis 2 and Rage, the PS3 is really starting to come into it's own.

MadOdorMachine said:
You know, as fantastic as those screens look, the thing that has me the most excited is that there isn't a HUD. A lot of people might not notice it, but I think it makes a huge impact on immersing you into the game. I think that's one of the reasons Sony's first party games look so much more photorealistic than most other games out there. Between GOW3, UC2, Crysis 2 and Rage, the PS3 is really starting to come into it's own.

GOW III does have a HUD of sorts. The life and magic bar etc will all still be there

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
pseudocaesar said:
GOW III does have a HUD of sorts. The life and magic bar etc will all still be there
It looks like they disappear when the action slows down though similar to Uncharted and KZ2 IIRC. You also have the option of completely turning it off in Motorstorm. I love playing with out the HUD and seeing the full screen covered with the graphics. It's just one of those things, that I would rather have in games now that I've experienced it. It also shows off all the hard work that was put into it as well.

MadOdorMachine said:
It looks like they disappear when the action slows down though similar to Uncharted and KZ2 IIRC. You also have the option of completely turning it off in Motorstorm. I love playing with out the HUD and seeing the full screen covered with the graphics. It's just one of those things, that I would rather have in games now that I've experienced it. It also shows off all the hard work that was put into it as well.
This has been done in every GoW game IIRC.

Cesar said:
Be glad that they don't show too much like the Naughty Dog guys.

not really, they have shown next to nothing of the Titan gameplay...as much as I am looking forward to this, they need to show more to differentiate it from previous games...

That thing in the OP is Hades? I thought that was the underworlds equivalent of the cyclops.

He didn't look like that in the first game.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Hmmmm.

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/5659.html

A reader has turned us onto MarkPlayStation's Twitter page; this guy is supposedly a manager for Sony Mexico. And if the translation is correct, there's a very special package heading our way in December: this package will consist of both God of War and God of War II, plus a playable demo of God of War III. Yes, it's a Blu-Ray disc for the PS3 and it's very big news if true. The only bizarre part about this is that Sony hasn't announced it yet, and as this franchise has always been more popular in the eyes of Western gamers, it seems strange that Sony would announce this at the Tokyo Game Show next month. Maybe they don't consider it big enough for a show unveiling; maybe we'll just suddenly see the press release in our inboxes. Who knows?

I want this to be true, but...fucking twitter.

Sascha23

Banned
offshore said:
Sony surely has Q1 2010 completely owned.

Agreed.

Still way excited for Mass Effect 2 and Alan Wake, but that's about it for me unless something of equal caliber gets announced.

Zeliard

gofreak said:
Hmmmm.

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/5659.html

I want this to be true, but...fucking twitter.

I would strongly doubt it considering that only a certain percentage of the PS3 userbase has PS3s capable of backwards compatibility, in order to play God of War 1 and 2.

Sony's also about to try and give the PS3 and its branding a sort of reboot with the launch of a PS3 Slim that has no BC in September, so that GoW Blu-Ray package in December makes even less sense.

I'd love it to be true, obviously, but it seems pretty unlikely.

carlosp

Banned
finally played hte game today and WOW, WOW and WOW again. This game rocks so hard. Everything is just right at the place and it feels the same way like the other GoW games, only much much more epic. Everyone who liked the first two, gonna love the this as well. Everything is epicness x10 :D

StuBurns

Banned
Zeliard said:
I would strongly doubt it considering that only a certain percentage of the PS3 userbase has PS3s capable of backwards compatibility, in order to play God of War 1 and 2.

Sony's also about to try and give the PS3 and its branding a sort of reboot with the launch of a PS3 Slim that has no BC in September, so that GoW Blu-Ray package in December makes even less sense.

I'd love it to be true, obviously, but it seems pretty unlikely.
I also doubt it, however, a few months ago there was a survey that suggested GoW1&2 on a bluray could be happening. It might even be they wrote a specific bootable just for them, making them playable on all units.

Though I suspect it's a rumor just based on that survey.

I think they'd be better off including a redeemable code with Uncharted 2 for the demo.

G-Fex said:
so Kratos and Dante will run into each other by accident?

Too much awesome. I want either of them in the next console Soul Calibur.

not really, they have shown next to nothing of the Titan gameplay

I assume you mean the moving landscape type stuff? I almost don't want to see this, but I already know that footage is going to pop up before March. There was an article that described part of the fight between Zeus/Kratos where the area (palace?) shakes around due to Gaia.

I'm actually interested in where the demo leaves off (actual Titan fight).

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
The skin...

the Skin is boiled off Hades flesh

The modelling in this game is one of if not the best i've ever seen.

meme

Banned
Why everything needs to be so dark and shady?? Every media they showed us are dark caves, dark days, dark everything, jeez. I think God of War II nailed it aesthetically and the information we are getting makes me worried about it being a "Warrior Within" in comparison with II... But the graphics are awesome, needless to say.

Top Bottom