• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New God of War 3 Screens

Johnas

Loudninja said:
You guys do know that was in the survey right?The one asking what to include with GOW3.

Yep, I remember that. Not sure I believe that twitter thing, but I do recall that survey.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WretchedTruman said:
I1K6FHIeapzcxg7gIuu2TjCWo1_500.jpg
:lol :lol :lol :lol

rainer516

That crazy Japanese Moon Language
Oh my, that's beautiful. One can say it's almost as if a painting has been brought to life.... Jaffe redeemed.

zoukka

I always thought the Gods were the lowest point in GoW series visuals :/ They look like some Master of the Universe characters :lol

F#A#Oo

Banned
I have to say I don't find God of War 3 all that spectacular looking nor do I get this It's "like a painting".

Okami, Ico, SotC, SFIV, BioShock...these are games where at some point you look around and your hit in the face with art as if your in an art museum...

Last Guardian is about the only game atm that is yet to be released that is artsy!

Ploid 3.0

Ha ha at the painting frame. It really could pass as a painting in that image. Wow GoW, will we be ready? Thinking back on the epic scale gow had in the past games, I guess this game will push scale and awe inspiring scenes even further. My favorite was GoW2 the 3 steeds of time.

I don't think it looks artsy but some of it does have a slight oil painting look. Like those edges of the rock floor on the bottom in the pic above.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
no one would be saying these shots looked anything like a painting if it weren't Jaffe, that much is true

The game looks absolutely spectacular. The only problem I still have with it is the aliasing. If they fix that it'll become the best looking game of the generation up there with Uncharted 2.

Rez said:
no one would be saying these shots looked anything like a painting if it weren't Jaffe, that much is true

Fom the sceens it does have a painted quality to it... Although it was just an off hand comment, it actually exposes quite alot of ignorance on neogaf...I mean looks like a painting could mean anything...I have seen 1000 times more generic cheese in painted fom than inspiring transcendence

Every single game can be considered art if you actually have any knowledge of how art is defined in its most intrinsic form...

Personally, I think the art in the game is fantastic...its quite distinct

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
nelsonroyale said:
Fom the sceens it does have a painted quality to it... Although it was just an off hand comment, it actually exposes quite alot of ignorance on neogaf...I mean looks like a painting could mean anything...I have seen 1000 times more generic cheese in painted fom than inspiring transcendence

Every single game can be considered art if you actually have any knowledge of how art is defined in its most intrinsic form...

Personally, I think the art in the game is fantastic...its quite distinct
I'm not saying it might not look like some random painting out there, or that the shots look bad (they look great), I'm just saying that the shots don't have any quality about them that is so blatantly "painting-like" that it would inspire the "looks like a painting" response from some of the audience here.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Lion Heart said:
Shit son. Don't forget the scale of this game, its unprecedented!

I always thought Hades was bigger though, I can take this guy down in 8-13 seconds (approx).

Considering you have to rip the flesh from Hades' body, piece by piece, and kill the pieces before they can crawl back to reassemble Hades' body, I assume it'll take more than 8-13 seconds to kill him :lol

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Combichristoffersen said:
Considering you have to rip the flesh from Hades' body, piece by piece, and kill the pieces before they can crawl back to reassemble Hades' body, I assume it'll take more than 8-13 seconds to kill him :lol
fuuuck me. I want this game

abrasion

Banned
Is there any confirmation if these are 'screenshot mode' shots or dev kit, crazy AA shots or what?
I mean obviously the hud has been disabled and based on the resolution yeah it's done on a dev kit, however the textures, colours and models alone are still impressive as hell.

BeeDog

abrasion said:
Is there any confirmation if these are 'screenshot mode' shots or dev kit, crazy AA shots or what?
I mean obviously the hud has been disabled and based on the resolution yeah it's done on a dev kit, however the textures, colours and models alone are still impressive as hell.

Crazy AA? Just take a look at the cave pictures, the aliasing's pretty obvious there. If you ask me, these look like regular screen buffer grabs, so the game shouldn't be too far off these graphics.

The visuals seem to be getting polarising effects from a lot of people. There are some (like me) whot think they are mighty impressive, and there are others (Ryan Clements - IGN) who think the art style is generic, and are concerned over the visuals.

Iknos

fortified_concept said:
The game looks absolutely spectacular. The only problem I still have with it is the aliasing. If they fix that it'll become the best looking game of the generation up there with Uncharted 2.

When the game moves at 60fps it is something you won't notice as much. That's my personal opinion based on adjusting PC games to run optimally.

I thought the new Castlevania game looked hot but this is incredible.

Galvanise_ said:
The visuals seem to be getting polarising effects from a lot of people. There are some (like me) whot think they are mighty impressive, and there are others (Ryan Clements - IGN) who think the art style is generic, and are concerned over the visuals.

His comment seemed to have 0 insight into the visuals, just that he found the at somewhat generic...of course such subjectivity is applied to evey game...

nelsonroyale said:
His comment seemed to have 0 insight into the visuals, just that he found the at somewhat generic...of course such subjectivity is applied to evey game...

Even outside of his comments though, there are gamers I have shown GOW III pictures to and they thought they look pretty 'meh'. They agree it looks a lot better in motion, but even then weren't all that impressed.

Ahh well, you can't please everyone. I'm gonna love this game.

John_B

Gribbix said:
If you look at the sword in Kratos' left hand you can see a low poly effect that is also featured in Infamous and some of Insomniac's titles (I'm sure they wrote the code).

I'm not a big fan of that effect, it really pops out and looks like shit.

I haven't seen anything yet from God of War III that puts it up there with Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2. I would love for a demo to prove me wrong though.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
I'll have to play God of War 1 and 2 eventually..hmm better get on that.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
John_B said:
If you look at the sword in Kratos' left hand you can see a low poly effect that is also featured in Infamous and some of Insomniac's titles (I'm sure they wrote the code).

I haven't seen anything yet from God of War III that puts it up there with Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2. I would love for a demo to prove me wrong though.
It's a 60FPS game, they probably have to use lower resolution post processing effects buffers in places, to maintain that. I find that particular issue almost unnoticeable in motion, and can only see it in static screens. it's definitely a much better choice than lowering the resolution globally like CoD games are doing.

i finished GOW1. GOW2 i'm stuck at a bad spot in the game as the disc won't finish loading. i'm right at the end. I just ended watching the ending of GOW2. will get GOW3. Oh and i finished GOW psp too.

deepbrown

Fimbulvetr said:
Get your flame wars out of my awesome games.

And that could be solved easily by referring to Gears with a lowercase "o" GoW =/= GOW.
Hardly a flamewar, it's just a joke about them having the same initials and people being confused.

John_B said:

Yeah, you're hardly going to worry/notice that whilst your playing though, it isn't as prominent as Infamous.

WTFing

Banned
deepbrown said:
Wait for them to come out on Blu-ray with the GOWIII demo.
I have them both, gow1&2 but I didn't finish any of them. That's why I said I must finish at least gow2. Then there's all the psn games I have, and kz2(veteran), etc ... Too many hard games for me, not so much time :lol

Top Bottom