• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New God of War 3 Screens

Baki

geoffmk said:
Baki - We aren't making you wait for anything, that's when the trailer will be finished.

Oh....

------- Awkward silence ------------------------------

I'll be tuning in on the 11th then. :p

KingDizzi

Banned
Baki said:
The box art does suck. I liked the other one. :/

Well isn't there about a month difference between superbowl and GOW 3 release?

I don't actually know anything about superbowl or when it is, I just wanted to belong. GOW III looks a game which would be so easy to advertise to an mass audience, hope Sony does not drop the ball with this one.

BeeDog

geoffmk said:
Baki - We aren't making you wait for anything, that's when the trailer will be finished.

So you won't be showing off the Poseidon/Gaia titan video then that's been circulating?

Massa

TTP said:
Good thing game lacks any multiplayer. I bet SCEE would have placed the big blue circle right on the eye.

Besides, I like the cover. Doesn't look messy from distance and should stand out on shelves.

SCEA will add the usual "5 out of 5 stars" like they did in KZ2 and U2. :-(

Baki

BeeDog said:
So you won't be showing off the Poseidon/Gaia titan video then that's been circulating?

Good question. That was the one I was asking about. But then again, wasn't that a 5 min game play demo?

Struct09

I've had my Ultimate Edition pre-ordered ever since it went up on Amazon :D

Glad I have a week to play it before heading off to PAX East!

SolidSnakex said:
25ul6yh.jpg

That is the sexiest damn box for a special edition I've ever seen. Wowzers.

Cruzader

Banned
Man Sony can suck a dick, Seriously. Why cant they make proper covers? Idiots. Show a big fucking eye for casuals who wont give a flying fuck about some dude's eye. But hey its Sony's Marketing team here at full force. And the ugly ass big box art too? Holy shit. In-game images look way better. wow.

deepbrown

Cruzader said:
Man Sony can suck a dick, Seriously. Why cant they make proper covers? Idiots. Show a big fucking eye for casuals who wont give a flying fuck about some dude's eye. But hey its Sony's Marketing team here at full force. And the ugly ass big box art too? Holy shit. In-game images look way better. wow.

Why do people care about boxes of games they are going to buy. The only bit you see is the side when it's on your shelf. And Sony has the best art for the side of boxes. Don't believe me...go and compare with your other boxes.

Edit: BTW that last bit was sarcasm.

kikanny

That Ultimate Edition box is pretty sexy. I kinda want to buy it. But there's nothing in that box that's really worth 100 bucks!

I was kind of hoping they would continue the trend of the previous box-arts with a back shot of Kratos looking off into an epic vista (or a Titan). Oh well. Can't forget that all first-party Sony titles have reversable covers, so maybe we'll at least get something like that for the flipside. This reminds me that I need to switch over my pre-order to the Ultimate Edition. Will do today.

Cruzader

Banned
deepbrown said:
Why do people care about boxes of games they are going to buy. The only bit you see is the side when it's on your shelf. And Sony has the best art for the side of boxes. Don't believe me...go and compare with your other boxes.

Well it matters so much that Sony lost a sale from me. Will buy it used, print my own cover so that they learn their lesson. Do these Sony ppls take a pic of their ass when they take ordinary pics of themselves? Jesus.

estoy jugando...

Galvanise_ said:
That is the sexiest damn box for a special edition I've ever seen. Wowzers.

Fucking this I was gonna post that just now :D

Man if sony were smart and made an actual PS3 special edition for GOW3 and made the box like this one it will sell like hot cakes but SCEA marketing .. monkeys ... etc etc

can't believe they went with this as the cover. At least they could have given the LE a different one, OH well! March is crazy, FF13, GOW3 and yakuza 3 in a month :O thank god they delayed GT5

kikanny

TheThunder said:
Watch it be the same eye shot.

Now Japan will surprise us I think, Uncharted 2's one was hilarious :lol
Lol. It will probably be baby Kratos playing Wii Sports with daddy Zeus. Nothing like some happy family time!

Its official. God of War 3 has the closest close up of any box art ever. I thought MGS4 was close, but man. I love the way Sony does its box arts.

On a side note. The biggest news to come out of this for me is that the collection is only $30 now! Picking it up today!

deepbrown

Cruzader said:
Well it matters so much that Sony lost a sale from me. Will buy it used, print my own cover so that they learn their lesson. Do these Sony ppls take a pic of their ass when they take ordinary pics of themselves? Jesus.

estoy jugando...
I think the box art is actually quite powerful....good pic of Kratos.

Arsenic

deepbrown said:
To me it's just a sign of a major developer/publisher, who already has an established franchised, trying to look "cool" to a different audience.

It just a boxart yes, but to me most of the time its a clue to what else will be catered to the casuals. (ie: MGS4)

:)

Cover is hideous. What the fuck is wrong with them? The big CE box is really cool but that cover... I was hoping it would match the style of the first two, Kratos and some cool backdrop, or at least something iconic or grand.

deepbrown

Arsenic said:
I think the blades are more iconic than his fucking left eye.
It's intense though...and since his eye is so freaking big...you're not going to miss it. Seriously...his eye is going to follow you around stores. Would be better if they did two boxarts - one with the left, one with the right...and then the stores would align them left, right, left, right. That would be bloody creepy...you'd feel obliged to buy it lol

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
It looks okay. Don't love it or hate it, but I still like God of War II's cover the best. I've been waiting so long for the game I really don't care what cover they use at this point.

Top Bottom