• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Guitar Hero II tracks announced

No.1

Apparently, Activision just announced three more tracks for the game:

Anthrax - Madhouse
Motley Crue - Shout at the Devil
Stone Temple Pilots - Tripping on a hole in paper heart

With the already announced list being:

Drist - Arterial Black
Black Sabbath - War Pigs
KISS - Strutter
Rush - YYZ
Reverend Horton Heat - Psychobilly Freakout
Van Halen - You really got me
Butthole Surfers - Who was in my room last night?

source

Some videos on IGN too now

Well the list is already looking much better than the original's, especially with some Black Sabbath and Anthrax :)

gimmmick

Awesome, I love Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart. ( and basicly all of what STP released over the years).

Kevtones

Dammit, give me Vaseline, one of the only STP songs I like.

Wait, wait, wait a second. This is the other good STP song. **** YEAH.

The New Hero - wookubus
(6:14 PM PST 07/05/2006)
Every Time I Die's track "The New Black" is set to be included in the upcoming new Playsation 2 video game "Guitar Hero II". Other artists and tracks confirmed so far include Black Sabbath's "War Pigs", Primus' "John The Fisherman", Kiss' "Strutter", Rush's "YYZ" and "Who The Hell Was In My Room Last Night" by the Butthole Surfers, among others. The game is expected to feature around 55 tracks in total and will arrive in stores in November.

http://www.theprp.com/oldnews/41111160.shtml

RegularMK

Zeppelin definitely seems like a no-brainer.

I'd also REALLY like to see some RATM on there. Not just because I love them, but because I know half their songs would be fun as hell to play.

What the hell, two Anthrax fans hating on MADHOUSE in this thread already? You guys must be into that Grunge-era nonsense. Keep "Only" far away from Guitar Hero, plzzzz.

Yet again, I'm shocked at how awesome the Guitar Hero song choices are.

Fusebox

Banned
bobbyconover said:
You guys must be into that Grunge-era nonsense.

Yeaaaah... no. Spreading the Disease and Among the Living was where I started, I really just hate the vocals in Madhouse, they annoy me.

M3wThr33

Banned
Vaandaviii said:
"Johnny B. Goode" would be awesome :lol And I'm not joking :D
Already in Guitar Freaks. And it is awesome. There's only one hard part on Expert difficulty, thought, the alternating RB/G/RB/G/RB sections.

Fabiollo

My wishlist:

Led Zeppelin, "Rock & Roll"
RATM, "Killing in the Name"
G'n'R, "November Rain"
Metallica, "Master of Puppets"

then something a little alternative like NOFX, Foo Fighters and stuff like that.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
VOOK said:
Where is my AC/DC :(
A-****ing-men.

And for those wanting Zeppelin, don't put your money on it as it will most likely never ever ever happen. If it does, it will be ****ing rare and I will praise GH2 as the next coming of God.

Trying to use Zeppelin songs on movies already is as tough as trying to shove a cork up a homophobic's arse let alone having it on a game.

speedpop said:
A-****ing-men.

And for those wanting Zeppelin, don't put your money on it as it will most likely never ever ever happen. If it does, it will be ****ing rare and I will praise GH2 as the next coming of God.

Trying to use Zeppelin songs on movies already is as tough as trying to shove a cork up a homophobic's arse let alone having it on a game.
I don't know, it's not anywhere remotely as tough as it was years ago. Hell, Zep was in a Cadillac commercial.

Feindflug

VOOK said:
Where is my AC/DC :(

Yeah where the hell is AC/DC? :|

"Highway To Hell", "Hells Bells" or "Back In Black" ftw!

Also Black Sabbath - Killing Yourself To Live, Tool - Stinkfist, Alice In Chains - Would? & Metallica - Master Of Puppets would've been cool too! :D

Hooker

I don't think Led Zeppeling will be in either, as much as I'd want it to.

And please god, no Stinkfist. I'd much rather have Rosetta Stoned or Lateralus.

Tool songs don't fit all too well in the Guitar Hero spirit though. Too many passages where there's only drums or bass or guitar. It'd be kinda boring to play. (And I want System of a Down - War? in there, would be a blast to play ^^)

zankara

I was listening to The White Stripes today and some of their songs would be perfect.

Death Letter would be just awesome.:D

Edit: Or Ball and Biscuit...just for the huge amount of kick ass guitar in the song.

Dachande

IT'S A MAAADHOUSE
OR SO THEY CLAIM
IT'S A MADHOUSE
AM I INSAAAAAAANNE

Muse now plz. Hysteria or Plug In Baby or something equally awesome.

Just looking at those songs makes my fingers hurt..

Sweet jesus.
It's odd though on YYZ that you're playing the BASS portion before the main song kicks in.

impirius

There are some other STP songs that might've been a better fit for Guitar Hero, but I can't complain... Trippin' is my favorite song off Tiny Music. Excellent. :D

Now let's get Sultans of Swing!

koam

I prefer the GH1 tracklist so far. I like the bands they're choosing but the songs aren't the ones I like from them heh.

And damnit, Courteney love sold 25% of her stake in nirvana to some publisher for the sole purpose of licensing cobain's music. I want Aneurysm in GH damnit!

wave-E

Banned
**** yes Primus Sucks!

I love that they're using the original recording, but it's really too bad you can't play the bass line outside of Co-Op. Really, what are they thinking?
Also for YYZ. I've yet to hear someone mention how much of a badass Geddy Lee is. Geddy ****ing Lee.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I thought during E3 I read an interview with one of the devs that mentioned that Possum Kingdom by The Toadies was gonna be in the game. I have been fawking pumped for that.

EDIT: Nevermind, I am thinking of this. I hope it makes it into the game.

GameSpy: When you were working on the original Guitar Hero, were there any songs that got scrapped last minute?

Marcus: You know, not really. Everything we tracked made it into the game, but one feature never got fleshed out. There was supposed to be a solo mode, so every time we tracked, after the song they'd say that now we have to record solo notes. We'd record basic open strings over a course of two octaves, and the idea was to let people have a free play in the game, where players could do their own thing.

There were a couple of songs that got scrapped last minute because we got a better song. One example was Cowboys from Hell. We literally got Cowboys from Hell in at the very last minute, seconds to spare. Instead, it was going to be Possum Kingdom by the Toadies. Imagine how different the game would have been without Cowboys from Hell.

Baker

Banned
I also want to say thank you to everyone for going this long with no one being excited for the Crue.

Anthrax + Black Sabbath = Sold even if I have to put up with some DLP delay

RegularMK

wave-E said:
I love that they're using the original recording, but it's really too bad you can't play the bass line outside of Co-Op. Really, what are they thinking?

Has it been confirmed about not playing the bass outside of co-op? No way. I refuse to believe that. It simply doesn't make sense.

Also for YYZ. I've yet to hear someone mention how much of a badass Geddy Lee is. Geddy ****ing Lee.

Geddy Lee IS a badass. I'm really ecstatic about playing YYZ with my pals. I remember when we first got into Guitar Hero, I kept insisting how cool playing bass alongside guitar would be. YYZ is a great example of this awesomeness.

koam

The fact that i will have to press three buttons at the same time scares me :(

I still can't finish the game on expert. I'm actually stuck on hard on cowboys from hell. The song is too fast, i can't strum fast enough.

wave-E

Banned
RegularMK said:
Has it been confirmed about not playing the bass outside of co-op? No way. I refuse to believe that. It simply doesn't make sense.
Yes, check out the long ass gamespot e3 video with the developer.

it looks like you can at least practice the bass guitar parts in the practice mode "single player."

one of the release practice shots says "LEAD" in real big letters, so I'd imagine you can choose which part to practice.

so the "story mode" won't let you pick bass, and maybe not free-play either, but I'd imagine you could jam to it just by picking full-song, real-time practice

Reilly

Synthesizer Patel said:
so the "story mode" won't let you pick bass, and maybe not free-play either, but I'd imagine you could jam to it just by picking full-song, real-time practice

I'm ok with that, as long as I can play the bass parts by myself.

Top Bottom