• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Guitar Hero II tracks announced

Hooker

You CAN play the secondary stream in single player.

Check the latest On-The-Spot at GameSpot. They're explaining the practice mode, and you could practice bass in there. John Tam said that it was pretty pointless to practice bass if you couldn't do it in the single player.

He didn't use these words, as he's not allowed to give that info just yet. But close though

genjiZERO

Where are the jam bands! I want some Dead and Phish dammit! and for some non jam band fun, Radiohead; Knives Out would be super. Unfortunately I don't think we'll ever see Zeppelin in the series. They seem to be tight-arses about leasing their songs. but yeah, could you imagine Kashmir... I could.

By the By is there anything that can be done if you controller starts to die? I think the connection at the base (where the cord is coming out) is loose. Everytime I play it tells me it's unplugged. Anyone have this problem and know how to fix it?

There will be NO zeppelin on this game, garuntee. They dont release much music for license, and likely not for a video game.

PuertoRicanJuice said:
Hell, Zeppelin isn't even on iTunes right?
correct. I believe they don't release ANY music for use EVER, but I'm sure someone can come up with one example to prove me wrong. They are the only band I can think of that doesn't release music for use no matter what price. I would like to see them in something like GHII, but I think its pretty cool that they just dont care about the money and stick to a decision like that.

BobTheFork said:
correct. I believe they don't release ANY music for use EVER, but I'm sure someone can come up with one example to prove me wrong. They are the only band I can think of that doesn't release music for use no matter what price. I would like to see them in something like GHII, but I think its pretty cool that they just dont care about the money and stick to a decision like that.

Jesus Christ how have you not heard the endless, annoying Cadillac commercials?!?

nicholasbrutal

Epic Games PR Manager
Seriously, just last week, the wife and I were rocking out to "Shout At the Devil" in our car and were totally talking about how this needs to be on GHII. Thank you, Gods of Rock.

Primus sucks but it's cool that John the Fisherman is from the original studio multitracks instead of a cover version.

It's interesting that Activision owns Guitar Hero but Harmonix retains rights in the gameplay mechanic. Somebody could hire Harmonix to make a lawsuit-proof GH clone.

Vlad

Hayami said:
man, those movies on IGN are awful. show the damn notes.

Yeah, that's what you get with official material. IIRC, Red Octane/Harmonix put out similar trailers/teasers for the first game, with mostly footage of the background stuff.

On the other hand, it seems that most of the videos made are of people who either aren't playing on the harder levels, or are really bad at the game, so it's nice to not only see some glimpses at the harder note charts, but also to actually hear the song, instead of a parade of missed notes.

They should just keep slowing releasing songs to keep interest level up. Like a few each week. And leave the best ones for last, like Maiden or *prays* GnR or Metallica.

Hooker

PuertoRicanJuice said:
They should just keep slowing releasing songs to keep interest level up. Like a few each week. And leave the best ones for last, like Maiden or *prays* GnR or Metallica.
I dunno, a total media blackout and discovering which songs are actually in the game the moment you unlock them could be pretty awesome as well.

But me being European and all, and having to wait on the PAL release in April/May, I say GIVE US THE INFO!! - There's no way I can hold out for that long, or avoiding people who might drop a thing or two about the game...

RegularMK

Newbie said:
Yeah, Primus sucks. But I would have liked them to use Mr.Knowitall instead, much better song.

Mr. Knowitall is one of my favorite Primus songs but I don't think it'd be very fun to play. John The Fisherman is a little more varied.

Drakken

Hooker said:
I dunno, a total media blackout and discovering which songs are actually in the game the moment you unlock them could be pretty awesome as well.

Heh, that would be insane. I like their method of slowly letting us know about a few more tracks. More would be nice, though!

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
I still want something stupid crazy like, Yes's The Gates of Delirirum. 22 minute song would be crazy.

Jeff-DSA

SatelliteOfLove said:
HEATHEN, THE WHOLE LOT O' YOU.

Most Primus fans respond to "Primus sucks" by simply agreeing. Primus a lot of times walks out on stage and says, "Hello, we're Primus, and we suck."

I've seen them twice in person and they've done it both times. There were also tons of "Primus Sucks" shirts that the fans were wearing. But in all honesty, I really don't like Primus and I do think they suck. The only reason I ever saw them live is because they were part of some summer tours I caught.

RegularMK

RevenantKioku said:
I still want something stupid crazy like, Yes's The Gates of Delirirum. 22 minute song would be crazy.

I'll meet you halfway and settle for Roundabout.

Jeff-DSA said:
But in all honesty, I really don't like Primus and I do think they suck.

To each his own. Primus can be a bit of an acquired taste.

J-Rzez

Master of Puppets, Sanitarium, Seek n' Destroy, or One please... that is my Metallica request, use one of those at least, thank you...

and what? STP? and not Sex-type thing? WTF...

No Europe or Journey announced yet?

Aerosmith? The Other Side??? where are you?

Skid Row? 18 & Life? where?

Faith No More - Epic?!

Greenday maybe? Funeral for a Friend All the Rage??? Hell, some fun Blink 182 songs, Smashing Pumpkins "Zero"...

I dunno... but this is one of the few games I wouldn't mind microtransactions for... :(

and just Gibson guitars again? I love the blue firebird, trust me... but but, where's my ESP's, Jacksons, Fernandez, Parker Fly's?

Man... it's awesome to have a game like this being someone that plays gigs for fun in real life, but, it's so frustrating at the same time, you want more... :(

Amakusa

BUTTHOLE SURFERS!!!! *SCREAMS!!!*
I love that ****ing song, best Super Nintendo commercial for upcoming games ever! :D

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Amakusa said:
BUTTHOLE SURFERS!!!! *SCREAMS!!!*
I love that ****ing song, best Super Nintendo commercial for upcoming games ever! :D
The song that's in GH2 isn't the song from the commercial, just FYI. The song in the commercial is "Goofy's Concern," it's from the same album, but they're not the same song.

Getting The Rev & BHS has me crossing my fingers for some Ministry. "Jesus Built My Hotrod" plssssssssssssss.

Also, I hope there's never a single goddamn JAM song in Guitar Hero, or any other music game. Jesus that would be awful.

Amakusa

Lambtron said:
The song that's in GH2 isn't the song from the commercial, just FYI. The song in the commercial is "Goofy's Concern," it's from the same album, but they're not the same song.

Getting The Rev & BHS has me crossing my fingers for some Ministry. "Jesus Built My Hotrod" plssssssssssssss.

Also, I hope there's never a single goddamn JAM song in Guitar Hero, or any other music game. Jesus that would be awful.

yeah I noticed after watching it, there was a commercial played in Toys'R'Us years back when Super Nintendo came out with the sames Yoshi Island, Medriod, the unicycle game (can't remember the real title) They had afew more games shown, but they played Who was in my room for that commercial, I've been trying to find it since. The commercial on the link was the first Turn it up ad

I found out what "GHOUL" stands for, for anyone who's interested.

Guitar Hero Organized Underground League.

That's all I got for the moment. Trying to find out more.

Ronabo

Amakusa said:
yeah I noticed after watching it, there was a commercial played in Toys'R'Us years back when Super Nintendo came out with the sames Yoshi Island, Medriod, the unicycle game (can't remember the real title) They had afew more games shown, but they played Who was in my room for that commercial, I've been trying to find it since. The commercial on the link was the first Turn it up ad

Here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMQAbQ1hJZw

Crisis

Banned
Chris Remo said:
I found out what "GHOUL" stands for, for anyone who's interested.

Guitar Hero Organized Underground League.

That's all I got for the moment. Trying to find out more.

That could be pretty cool.

Flynn

Dr. Strangelove said:
Shitty. Needs more Slayer.

Not gonna happen. They want Slayer, but can't find a song that doesn't have M lyrics.

Also:

I think STP is a rare Guitar Hero licensing misstep, like Audioslave.

Vark

Sweet.

Dunno about the STP choice. It does have a good solo in it, which is probably why they picked it. The main bits of the song seem a little more boring (gameplay wise) than some of their other stuff but the solo makes up for it.

scaffa

Hooker said:

But me being European and all, and having to wait on the PAL release in April/May, I say GIVE US THE INFO!! - There's no way I can hold out for that long, or avoiding people who might drop a thing or two about the game...

GH2 comes here around April/May? omg wtf? That's so freaking lame lol I was really hoping for a release this year.

Is that official? I can hardly believe a april/may release for europe. Thats to far away and I need my GH fix..

bengraven

THIS ****ING GAME!

My friend came home with GH1 last night. I walked into the room and there's this long black box with Guitar Hero written on the cover. I had no interest in playing the game until then, but watching him pull that guitar out, I slowly became more and more excited. Then we started to play and we rarely stopped. He's in there rocking out to "You Got Another Thing Comin'" right now!

Now I'm going to buy my own copy so we can play two player.

Top Bottom