• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New interview with Mark Cerny...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayu26

Make some room for me.
tumblr_lyfhow1wid1qiceiuo1_500.gif

nib95

Banned
Can someone offer some choice quotes? Just want to know if he's saying more of the same from the conference and other interviews or if there's anything new here.

I went in expecting to be mesmerized, but that interview was way too awkward. Saying that Mark is pretty much a nobody, and that he was on stage at E3 when he wasn't. Really uncomfortable.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
God damn, this interviewer is uninformed as fuck. What the hell man, at least get your facts straight before you're about to interview someone...

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I always love how there's no bullshit involved with Mark. The way Sony's handling the PS4 is outstanding. Not much fluff and a lot of strong gamer centered moves. Cerny delivers again.

Lucent

I always love how there's no bullshit involved with Mark. The way Sony's handling the PS4 is outstanding. Not much fluff and a lot of strong gamer centered moves. Cerny delivers again.

He just seemed to come out of nowhere and I was like wow. He just genuinely shows interest and enthusiasm about games and the system itself. Both him and Jack Treton are awesome and give me good feelings.

Microsoft's representatives, on the other hand, all seem like they're out of touch with what gamers truly want.

zeopower6

He just seemed to come out of nowhere and I was like wow. He just genuinely shows interest and enthusiasm about games and the system itself. Both him and Jack Treton are awesome and give me good feelings.

Microsoft's representatives, on the other hand, all seem like they're out of touch with what gamers truly want.

He's been behind the scenes for a really long time and only in the last two years or so has he actually been placed in a position where people actually know his name.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Just finished that 2nd part of the Develop set, so good.

Lots of faith in him and the decision makers at Sony with PS4.

Casanova

Thanks. I'll be watching this in the shower because I'm not 5 years old.

And who the hell is this guy and why does he have the pleasure of interviewing the one and only Mark Cerny?

This guy is brilliant. Every time I listen to him talk I get more excited about what Sony has cooking. Even beyond that though, his thoughts and insights into develop really make may feel like he's the perfect guy to help make sure the PS4 gets built for ease of use by developers.

I also think his general theory on "console training" was a fantastic insight. Recognizing that handhelds aren't teaching children to play console games anymore is really interesting, and that whole making a controller 50% bigger to see what it would be like to try to play a game if you were 8 years old is downright genius.

That was the most cringe-worthy interview I've ever watched. Cerny looked more and more uncomfortable as time went on.

Don't even bother with the interview. I couldn't finish it. Any time an interviewer has to splash text on a screen repeatedly to correct themselves or point out how dumb their own questions were, they should probably consider not posting the interview at all. The talk highlights are fantastic though.

So Cerny decides to do the fucking smart thing and actually implement CUSTOMIZED gameplay for both the hardcore and newcomers without resorting to "lolz 50% damage increase all enemies 50% lower health for main character bullshit".

FINALLY

FINAL FUCKINGLY!

Jesus, I've been waiting for such a developer to do this. Truly lives up to the name "Renaissance man". Day motherfucking one purchase on Knack! GOD, it pisses me off that I wanted this design philosophy for TLOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom