• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Lair pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razoric

Banned
meltpotato said:
so true with DOA4/T6

I'll do you one better.. what was the best looking PS2 launch title? TTT. and DC has DOA2 and SC. My memory may be bad here, but wasnt Battle Arena Toshiden or whatever its called was also one of the big sell-point titles for the PSX way back when. I guess we need to stop thinking fighters are going to be the big launch games now. the big fighting games have really hit a rut. it's a total bummer for fans.

that reminds me... remember TTT getting slammed when it's first screens came out. Remember the whole "AA" debacle. :lol

history repeats itself over and over and over

Mojovonio

Banned
rstrike_081103_x5.jpg

I just hope we get to see a next-gen version of this kind of environment.

Razoric said:
that reminds me... remember TTT getting slammed when it's first screens came out. Remember the whole "AA" debacle. :lol

history repeats itself over and over and over

well that was sorta born out of the whole DC v. PS2 debate and the promises of AA. it came up for all early PS2 games (ZOE..) but TTT was a really great looking game regardless ofthe jaggies. I played the shit out of it that whole first summer and im not even a Tekken fan.

Mojovonio

Banned
meltpotato said:
well that was sorta born out of the whole DC v. PS2 debate and the promises of AA. it came up for all early PS2 games (ZOE..) but TTT was a really great looking game regardless ofthe jaggies. I played the shit out of it that whole first summer and im not even a Tekken fan.

Tekken bowl FTW!

GAF has really become an overreacting mess over the PS3 lately. I have no doubt Lair is going to be AMAZING graphically. Factor 5 is perhaps one of the best graphics houses around. I saw one poster say they were crap on the Gamecube and are on PS3 too?!?!? I mean honestly. Factor 5 was nearly unsurpassed graphically with a launch game (Rogue Squadron). Only a very few games even approached the graphical beauty of F5's launch game; namely their own sequel and Resident Evil 4.

A bad screen shot in which most of the details are darkened by the lighting do not a bad game make. Despite the fact I have no interest in PS3 whatsoever, even I can acknowledge that Lair will most likely be one of the best games graphically upon its release.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
meltpotato said:
What's funny is that, in the long run, those games which used field rendering have benefitted from TVs with high quality scalers. Field rendered PS2 games look better than anything on XBOX, GC, or 480p PS2 titles. My TV handles them so damn well and it always blows me away. Unfortunately, 90% of the TVs out there completely mangle such an image and produces really ugly results. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom