• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Monster Hunter World trailer shows off Wildspire Waste

Mupod

after my 12th time watching this trailer I have no idea what the hell they were thinking with the E3 reveal.

ZangBa

If they showed this trailer at E3, I would have shit my fucking pants. How is current day Capcom pulling this off? Did MvC:I have to die for this? What sorcery is this? I don't know if I've ever been more hyped this gen.

You'd think being 4 years in development they'd add new monster types. All the the new monsters in the trailer are just re-skins😂 still being lazy, at least the gameplay and graphics looks better than all the other games.
Yeah I haven't seen any original design so far. They need to experiment more.

Designs like Malfeito (owl), Lagiacrus (crocodile) and Kecha (monkey) would be a lot more fun.

Gobul remains the most original monster in ages. RIP

There's still time though.

Kyoufu

If they showed this trailer at E3, I would have shit my fucking pants. How is current day Capcom pulling this off? Did MvC:I have to die for this? What sorcery is this? I don't know if I've ever been more hyped this gen.

Yeah, they did say they brought in experienced console developers from other teams in the company to work with them on this.

Ridley327

Designs like Malfeito (owl), Lagiacrus (crocodile) and Kecha (monkey) would be a lot more fun.

I dunno, I have this sinking suspicion that there may not be any new species in the game. They've always introduced them right off the bat with previous gens, so for us to be at this point with five new monsters and having all of them having a very clear source of inspiration is not a good sign that they've got something entirely new waiting in the wings.

Even a new Neopteron or Temnoceran would be welcome, since they can go anywhere with the kind of insects/arachnids that haven't been represented yet.

DigSCCP

That trailer is a hell of a lot better than the E3 one. Really looking forward to the game.

This.
I still think that Sony lost a great oportunity of making MH bigger on E3.
Game is shaping up to be great.
I hope it gets the treatment it desearves on TGS and PS Experience.

This.
I still think that Sony lost a great oportunity of making MH bigger on E3.
Game is shaping up to be great.
I hope it gets the treatment it desearves on TGS and PS Experience.
If you step off this place and not just listen to the hardcore it seems to have piqued many ppls interest who never played before me included. That's what I saw coming out the theater and browsing other sites

Kyoufu

So you can now add weapon/armour blueprints to your wishlist so it notifies you when you have enough materials to craft them.

Hashtag QoL.

If you step off this place and not just listen to the hardcore it seems to have piqued many ppls interest who never played before me included. That's what I saw coming out the theater and browsing other sites

Yuuuuuup.

I have a bunch of friends and a couple coworkers who never even really paid attention to the series, but that trailer did a lot to sell them and now that it's on a system they own they're eating it up. This latest trailer has also gone over very well.

Capcom's approach is doing very well at attracting attention from console owners outside the MH base, from all I've seen.

I'm pretty sure the main reason for the initial backlash was because of that debunked leak putting the idea of 'westernizing' into people.

Snagret

So you can now add weapon/armour blueprints to your wishlist so it notifies you when you have enough materials to craft them.

Hashtag QoL.
This might actually be the first Monster Hunter where I don't spend most of my time between missions (and even several minutes of time during a mission) consulting a FAQ on the internet. That alone is an absolute gamechanger.

I've seen the trailer a bunch of times now. And man, that is a well made trailer. One of my favorites in recent memory. Hopefully the rest of the marketing/trailers is of similar high quality.

It took a while, but I think we've finally reached a point where the FUD is almost non-existent here. Looking forward to more Gamescom info/footage.

Rajang

Hashtag QoL.

Now that's what I'm talking bout.

Kebiinu

Banned
Finally got my interest after the lame unveiling at E3. Looks like console MH, with traditional gameplay and modern design! I'm in.

Shengar

Ppl were still citing that leak in the thread so yup

Somehow, just somehow people still believing that shit even after Capcom themselves have said in their earning report that gameplay was never the problem and it's the platform which they see it as the factor that hinders the series growth overseas (which was the 3DS).

Samemind

Neither do I.

It must've really been buried. I put a few hundred hours into it.

It was? I don't remember that.

It was some kind of notebook, but IIRC you had to manually enter which item and quantity you wanted to track + I don't know if it did anything like notify or do something when you got a hold of the materials. There was definitely memes surrounding that feature and the Desire Sensor™ using it to withhold drops.

Kyoufu

It was some kind of notebook, but IIRC you had to manually enter which item and quantity you wanted to track + I don't know if it did anything like notify or do something when you got a hold of the materials. There was definitely memes surrounding that feature and the Desire Sensor™ using it to withhold drops.

Oh, was it a Wiimote exclusive feature? It'd explain why I don't remember using it and why it was removed in later entries.

If I remember correctly, you needed to use Hunter Notes and point the wiimote at the item in the crafting screen to log it. Then theres a chime or something once you get enough of the item.

The whole wiimote usage was pretty out of place. I remember dropping my classic controller pro to pick up the wii mote to point at a monster to get its details into the hunter notes

Ridley327

If I remember correctly, you needed to use Hunter Notes and point the wiimote at the item in the crafting screen to log it. Then theres a chime or something once you get enough of the item.

The whole wiimote usage was pretty out of place. I remember dropping my classic controller pro to pick up the wii mote to point at a monster to get its details into the hunter notes

It is pretty interesting to see how much they're pulling from Tri in terms of major QOL improvements, as the whole "hunt without restrictions" concept that they're going with between missions is straight out of Moga Woods.

Ricky 7

I don't think they'll add any new monsters by the looks of it. They probably think because it's the majority of people's first MH game they can get away with it.

Raonak

Banned
Wow. This atually looks like the real next gen MH game everybody was asking for.
Capcom actually making good. Im honestly stunned.

(Now do DMC5)

It is pretty interesting to see how much they're pulling from Tri in terms of major QOL improvements, as the whole "hunt without restrictions" concept that they're going with between missions is straight out of Moga Woods.

Tri was awesome. It was my first MH, and I loved everything about it. The 'lack' of content wasn't really a problem for me since I was new to everything. And Jhen was the best implementation of events in games, seeing the sandstorm in the hub made people happy.

Also swimming has its flaws, but I felt it was great. Some weapons definitely worked better than others underwater, but I always felt its good to learn variety and pick the right weapon for the job. And it really helped to be able to chase aquatic monsters (Pleisoth!) down instead of having them in view but out of range shooting at you.

I don't think they'll add any new monsters by the looks of it. They probably think because it's the majority of people's first MH game they can get away with it.

That's what I'm afraid of and most of why I have so little excitement for World. The new monsters they've shown are probably my least favorite designs aside from Cephadrome. Hopefully the teased monster at the end ends up being something special or at least there's more types of interactions between monster types than them fighting each other so that they're at least behaviorally interesting.

With this weather system, I'd love to see Kushala Daora fucking shit up in style. The heavy rain in the trailers is obviously because it's nearby! ;)

Speaking of elder dragons, I feel like one of the few that actually thinks Chameleos is fun and enjoys the fight (the great theme helps a lot, tbh).

RIP Ancient and Max potions.

So what's that monster in the end? Lava lao or some altered grav? If lao then that quest better be improved over the original. So boring.

Top Bottom