• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Monster Hunter World trailer shows off Wildspire Waste

Ridley327

Easily. And people here know what's my opinion about this game's potential sales lol (edit: really not as optimistic as some others).
It'll do 1M without a doubt in the west (not counting Steam).

I'm not doubting that it will do a million in the west over time, because unless Capcom fucks something up beyond repair, doing less than what the games have been doing on just the 3DS in the same areas is virtually unfathomable, but I'm more interested in what it can do in as limited amount of time as this is looking to be release in time for. I know people are all up on having the PS4 fanbase to draw from, but that's still a really challenging number to set as a goal for that time period, especially when there's games like God of War that will be releasing right around the same time.

Eolz

I'm actually legit shook you agree with me, Eolz.

Lol. You know that I don't expect the game to be a failure, especially after the last trailers.
I just don't expect it to suddenly bring a new audience magically.

1M is perfectly doable in the west on PS4 alone (X1 won't add much, let's be honest, especially with the lack of crossplay). It's after that milestone that it becomes more complicated to predict and where people usually start to disagree.

It'll heavily depend on the marketing from Capcom (and Sony). They got most of the fans (even ones salty about the XX situation like me), but after that, it starts getting into SFV territory: can they fuck it up somehow for the hardcore (monetization, game after that, issues at launch, content at launch, etc), and will they be able to convince newer players to try it?

edit:
I'm not doubting that it will do a million in the west over time, because unless Capcom fucks something up beyond repair, doing less than what the games have been doing on just the 3DS in the same areas is virtually unfathomable, but I'm more interested in what it can do in as limited amount of time as this is looking to be release in time for. I know people are all up on having the PS4 fanbase to draw from, but that's still a really challenging number to set as a goal for that time period, especially when there's games like God of War that will be releasing right around the same time.

I see your point, but it's still a big franchise and a big name, even for those that never played it but usually look at games in multiple genres (aka more than GTA/COD/FIFA/etc).
800k in a month is really doable, it has a nice presentation and was pushed a bit by Sony too.
In terms of sales performance and speed, I think it'll be comparable to Nioh, where Sony pushed it in conferences and other communication stuff, but didn't care about it at launch (no physical LE, no real push on their side despite being exclusive, etc).
I honestly can't see it doing a million on PS4 and X1 combined in a month.

PC will be interesting to follow. I see it doing more than X1, but the speed will be linked to the port quality, price (since it's releasing later), and unique selling points (better graphics, unique features, etc).

Sayad

MHW booth at gamescom:
https://twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/899905729221595136
P32JDwv.jpg

Guess it'll be a while before we see any videos unless Capcom start streaming it. :(

Okey dokey

Yeah they are basically letting the public play around in that same demo now. They should just release this demo on PSN FFS

Crazy that his first video is arguably the deepest weapon

And they made it even MORE versatile

The sheer amount of options available to charge blade users is ridiculous

Not recommended for new players lol

Crazy that his first video is arguably the deepest weapon

And they made it even MORE versatile

The sheer amount of options available to charge blade users is ridiculous

Not recommended for new players lol

Exactly! That's why the whole "omg dude bro westernised" concern trolling triggers me. Like I've been saying for months, just ignore that 4Chan rumour. The vast majority of it was bullshit.

Looking forward to seeing more of these vids.

Exactly! That's why the whole "omg dude bro westernised" concern trolling triggers me. Like I've been saying for months, just ignore that 4Chan rumour. The vast majority of it was bullshit.

Looking forward to seeing more of these vids.

This is looking like the largest and deepest game in the series to date

Casualized my ass

Watch that charge blade video and tell me this aint balls to the walls monster hunter

Holy shit

Sayad

I've only ever seen Sammy Samusu here calling it that, dude has his reasons, but I really don't think that was ever a thing since the first leaked gameplay footage. ;p

Infinite

Being able to transfer your phials to the sword as well makes the CB seem even more ridiculously powerful than it was in 4U.

I really hope they beef up the explosions before launch.

no way that seems possible lol.

Also it's weird that Capcom is calling this a new gen but they haven't announced some new weapon classes, atleast not yet.

Delio

Reguarding the video i have never used a Charge Blade before but i think i will make it my goal to get somewhat decent with everything this go around.

Top Bottom