• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Nintendo titles (Wario Land Shake, Rhythm Tengoku DS etc)

ivysaur12

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
I don't often break down into fits of happiness on GAF. And I won't even now! But I always, always, always thought DS was the perfect system for Baten Kaitos and that only a touch screen could do the fullest and most responsive sort of justice to the card system, so this piece of information is particularly awesome.

Eh, I think the Wii's pointer would be extremely sufficient.

But still, Namco better not be messing with me. Baten Kaitos DS needs to be in the next Famitsu.

So WaiWai World is a platformer starring a cast entirely made up of Konami characters? Somehow I have travel imagining that in a modern game.

Hive

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
Starfy - Please come to the US this time! Potentially awesome.

awww, jiggy you should change back to the old avatar with her spinning.
Your Star Ocean one was also one of my favorite~

Stafy might come over. Didn't he show up in the US version of Brawl?

Well, I imported Stafy 4 and loved it to death. You could play as his pink sister Stapy (?). There is a great FAQ out there that includes a script even. Don't hesitate to check this game out. The music is so great too

Jiggy

norinrad21 said:
Things are slowly changing for the wii, i expect more support from Nintendo and 3rd parties in Japan after July. hey most of the developers had to come to terms with the fact that the wii is here to stay and for a very very long time. Support will come :)
Well, I certainly hope so. But right now, just wow: DS continues to be where it's at.

ivysaur12 said:
Eh, I think the Wii's pointer would be extremely sufficient.

But still, Namco better not be messing with me. Baten Kaitos DS needs to be in the next Famitsu.
I can control Virus Buster in Brain Age 2 with a stylus much more easily than in Dr. Mario Online Rx with the Wiimote. The pointer would work pretty well for Baten Kaitos too, at least better than an analog stick, but I still say the touch screen is faster yet.

Anyway, I wonder if they're doing 2D or 3D graphics for BKDS. :eek: Probably prerendered backgrounds regardless, as per usual, but any 3D models would look pretty bad compared to the other two games.

Akai

jj984jj said:
Another Monkey Ball without analog? Why do you continue to send this franchise down the shitter Sega?

Is this even a new Monkey Ball? The page I'm looking at lists it as "Super Monkey Ball DS: Bargain Edition"...That sounds more like a reprint... >_>

ivysaur12

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
Well, I certainly hope so. But right now, just wow: DS continues to be where it's at.

I can control Virus Buster in Brain Age 2 with a stylus much more easily than in Dr. Mario Online Rx with the Wiimote. The pointer would work pretty well for Baten Kaitos too, at least better than an analog stick, but I still say the touch screen is faster yet.

Anyway, I wonder if they're doing 2D or 3D graphics for BKDS. :eek: Probably prerendered backgrounds regardless, as per usual, but any 3D models would look pretty bad compared to the other two games.

Hopefully 2D. The first two games were beautiful and don't need to be ruined with shitty DS 3D.

Why did Namco put it back up, and then take it down? This worries me...

Scrubking

norinrad21 said:
Things are slowly changing for the wii, i expect more support from Nintendo and 3rd parties in Japan after July. hey most of the developers had to come to terms with the fact that the wii is here to stay and for a very very long time. Support will come :)

Did you miss the SF4 announcement?

but all I see is a whole load of nothing on Wii's horizon and a whole load of win on DS'.

You're not alone.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Akai said:
Is this even a new Monkey Ball? The page I'm looking at lists it as "Super Monkey Ball DS: Bargain Edition"...That sounds more like a reprint... >_>
Oh, my bad, I didn't know or try to read the title. You mean they're rereleasing that shitty game? :lol

Guys, just wanted to clear up something : the source of the release lists I posted is actually 2ch, so as usual with this board, it may be preferable to take anything coming directly from it with a grain of salt, at least until the info/games are officially confirmed, or we have a clear/ more reliable source for these....However, the fact is that this day started out so crazy that, really, anything can happen right now :lol .

Fire Emblem and Baten Kaitos brings the number of upcoming/known DS games that I'm interested in up to 28. I am so very excited right now. I hope Baten Kaitos will still be localized and for Fire Emblem to come to America this year.

jj984jj

Stormbringer said:
Guys, the source of the release lists I posted is actually 2ch, so as usual with this board, it may be preferable to take anything coming directly from it with a bit of salt and classify it as rumour, at least until the info/games are officially confirmed, or we have a clear source for these....However, the fact is that this day started out so crazy that, really, anything can happen right now :lol .
Wait, you just posted the Namco/Konami games from 2ch with no other source?

CassSept

I haven't played Rhythm Tengoku for a while, but from what I remember about this game I will just say this:

FUCK YES
GIVE RHYTHM TENGOKU DS
GIEF

Vinnk

Stormbringer said:
Guys, the source of the release lists I posted is actually 2ch, so as usual with this board, it may be preferable to take anything coming directly from it with a grain of salt, at least until the info/games are officially confirmed, or we have a clear/ more reliable source for these....However, the fact is that this day started out so crazy that, really, anything can happen right now :lol .

:(

Hype on pause until further notice.

rakka

norinrad21 said:
But but bu.....Nintendo is ruining the industry, look at wiifit, they don't care about us whinny hardcore(no life) gamers anymore
like these 2 can be used as proof that they do :lol

Ydahs

Stormbringer said:
Guys, the source of the release lists I posted is actually 2ch, so as usual with this board, it may be preferable to take anything coming directly from it with a grain of salt, at least until the info/games are officially confirmed, or we have a clear/ more reliable source for these....However, the fact is that this day started out so crazy that, really, anything can happen right now :lol .

Jiggy

Hive said:
awww, jiggy you should change back to the old avatar with her spinning.
Your Star Ocean one was also one of my favorite~
Hmm, you're not the only one who's said that, so I guess I'll switch back in a moment. I wish I still had a way to keep all of my avatars in rotation...
Anyway, while we're talking about avatars, where does yours come from? I actually saved it the first time I saw one of your posts.

Stafy might come over. Didn't he show up in the US version of Brawl?

Well, I imported Stafy 4 and loved it to death. You could play as his pink sister Stapy (?). There is a great FAQ out there that includes a script even. Don't hesitate to check this game out. The music is so great too
Yeah, he was an assist trophy in Brawl, so there's a little bit of hope just from that. :eek: And yeah, I really, really want this new game to be localized. The whole series looks so fun and colorful and reminds me of the entire SNES/Genesis era.

ivysaur12 said:
Hopefully 2D.
I know. I'm hoping so, so much. The wonders they could do with some pretty 2D sprites...

jj984jj

icecream said:
He just posted some random post's info that had no basis in anything.
Stormbringer said:
Yep, in the excitement, that's what I did :x . Which is why I'm currently back-peddling to try to relativize and prevent any false hope and rumor I might have started.
Oh. :\

the year 20XX said:
Taiko Wii is at least planned -- it showed up in a Namco Bandai financial projection thing.
Fake lists from 2ch always do that to make people think it's real.

jj984jj said:
Wait, you just posted the Namco/Konami games from 2ch with no other source?
Yep, in the excitement, that's what I did :x . Which is why I'm currently back-peddling to try to relativize and prevent any false hope and rumor my mistake might have started.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Stormbringer said:
Yep, in the excitement, that's what I did :x . Which is why I'm currently back-peddling to try to relativize and prevent any false hope and rumor I might have started.
2922yir.gif

Mdk7

Tengoku YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!

Nice one Ninty, now let's hope it's a sequel instead of the original one with some little extras... DAY FUCKING ONE.

toypop

Wii touch!catch!Idol Master (Namco) → 7/24 / 6800 yen ------ [psyduck.jpg]
Wii Taiko no Tatsujin Hataite Dondake!(Namco) → 7/31 / 6800 yen - 8800 yen
DS Kono Puzzle Yarou ! (Namco) → 7/10 / 3800 yen
DS Namcoach (Namco) → 7/17 / 4800 yen
This one is fake.

And BKDS is already removed from the list.
There were also Katamari PS3, Frame City for 360 and tentative RPG for PS3/360, but they all removed as well.
Since there is no chance "Frame City" could get resurrection, I think this is typo or mistake or whatever same "Oh NAMCO!" they did "ToV for PS3" few weeks ago.

jj984jj

toypop said:
BKDS is already removed from the list.
There were also Katamari PS3, Frame City for 360 and tentative RPG for PS3/360, but they all removed as well.
Since there is no chance "Frame City" could get resurrection, I think this is typo or mistake or whatever same "Oh NAMCO!" they did "ToV for PS3" few weeks ago.
Stupid Namco.

I'm just bracing for disappointment with the Wario Land game. It sounds too good to be true. Call me cynical, but until I'm proven wrong I'm just going to assume Nintendo will fuck it up somehow by taking some lame direction with the title.

Spoit

So now I'm kinda confused, the bandai ones came from 2ch, and thus are kinda suspect. but what about the nintendo published ones?

Capndrake

I liked Wario: Master of Disguise, but I think they tweaked the European version (Better drawing recognition, and they replaced a minigame where you draw words letter by letter with a keyboard you just type them on). Wario Land 2 is my favourite though.

nli10

AniHawk said:
It's a Wario Land game for the Wii.

Considering the last good entry to the franchise (meaning, "Wario Land/Thief/World/Ware") was released seven years ago, I'm gonna be cautiously optimistic. Hopefully it's Intelligent Systems in charge.

I'm thinking the 'shake' might push it towards Jungle Beat territory...

jj984jj

Spoit said:
So now I'm kinda confused, the bandai ones came from 2ch, and thus are kinda suspect. but what about the nintendo published ones?
All the stuff neo posted is real.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Spoit said:
Those are real. They apparently came from a Nintendo business meeting report.

The Namco website mix up happened as well.

Basically just not the stuff Stormbringer posted. :D

toypop said:
This one is fake.
Well, that settles it up. Sorry guys for the false hopes :( . I really don't usually fall for the 2ch fishing, but the informations blow out that seemed to happen pretty much confused me into believing some of these fake infos.
The Nintendo ones, which are posted in the OP are definitely reliable. The ones which I posted (and deleted) are not. Again, sorry for the confusion.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Stormbringer said:
Guys, just wanted to clear up something : the source of the release lists I posted is actually 2ch, so as usual with this board, it may be preferable to take anything coming directly from it with a grain of salt, at least until the info/games are officially confirmed, or we have a clear/ more reliable source for these....However, the fact is that this day started out so crazy that, really, anything can happen right now :lol .
6yi61f.gif

fresquito

nli10 said:
I'm thinking the 'shake' might push it towards Jungle Beat territory...
My first thought was "well, they could do something ala Jungle Beat", but my second thought was "keep dreaming, better you keep your expectations low".

E-phonk

Banned
IntSys is a possibility. Fire Emblem Wii couldn't have asked their full team, so the other "FE" team might have been making FE: DS in the meanwhile.

That means the Paper Mario / Wario Ware team has been available for quite some time (as we all know SPM didn't need the full team, as the game was ready for a GC release).

Although I think the Wario Ware team was rumored to make a balance-board based wario.

People in this thread seems to have "discovered" Baten Kaitos DS in Namco's website, but that game has been there for... uh, 2 years? I doubt they removed it because they didn't want to show it yet (they need both Monolith Soft & tri-Crescendo), they probably just removed it because the project is dead...

Why's everyone worried about Rhythm Tengoku being a port of the GBA game because it's got the subtitle Gold?

Band Brothers 2 has the subtitle DX (Which should actually much more worrying!) yet it's definitely a full blown sequel with very different gameplay and SSBM was called Super Smash Bros DX in Japan and I don't think anyone can consider it to be remake of the N64 game!

Wario Land is a big :D for me because I really miss the Wario platformers! But the developer will make it or break it for me. The fact that it's actually called Wario Land and that it's coming out on Wii, coupled with the fact that IS is a large team which hasn't been swamped with games (WWSM released in December 2006, FERD in January 2007, Super Paper Mario in April 2007, PPL in July 2007 and AWDOR in January 2008 with only Fire Emblem in it's known lineup) does tend to point towards IS being the developer :D

Also since IS are not very accustomed to 3D games, the decryption of the game's graphics seem to fit IS like a glove, so I'm pretty confident that IS is making it so far :D

Dascu

I loved the GameBoy Wario Land games. I'm very happy about this announcement (as long as it's a real platformer and not WarioWare mini-games).

Rlan

Jiggy37 said:
Yeah, he was an assist trophy in Brawl, so there's a little bit of hope just from that. :eek: And yeah, I really, really want this new game to be localized. The whole series looks so fun and colorful and reminds me of the entire SNES/Genesis era.

Lucas is a PLAYABLE character in Brawl.

Vinnk

Nibelung Valesti said:
People in this thread seems to have "discovered" Baten Kaitos DS in Namco's website, but that game has been there for... uh, 2 years? I doubt they removed it because they didn't want to show it yet (they need both Monolith Soft & tri-Crescendo), they probably just removed it because the project is dead...

Jiggy

Rlan said:
Lucas is a PLAYABLE character in Brawl.
1) The game he was in was released two years before Brawl, as opposed to however many months after it.
2) Mother 3 would need a lot of translation and Stafy really wouldn't.
3) NOA's scared of Mother because Earthbound (unfortunately ;_;) didn't sell well, but Stafy has no track record either way.

A new Warioland, finally:D
All previous Warioland games are awesome so I hope this one follows tradition

Vinnk said:
"This week's Japanese news thread of stupid mistakes, false hopes, and dissapointments "... ;_;

But hey, I think we should be happy we what's been quasi-confirmed so far. That's still a freaking awesome line-up. Just slightly less awesome than what some of us had been led to believe...

Jiggy

Hold on, now... creamsugar is generally a reliable poster for Japanese news; can't imagine any intentional deception, so that just leaves the possibility that she/he was duped. But if that were the case--if Baten Kaitos DS had really been shown on Namco's site all along, as Nibelung Valesti is saying--then wouldn't there have been at least a few holdouts believing that the game would eventually be made? I don't think anyone's given BKDS a chance at existing for probably over a year now, hence all the shock at the thought that it just might be alive.

Jiggy37 said:
Hold on, now... creamsugar is generally a reliable poster for Japanese news; can't imagine any intentional deception, so that just leaves the possibility that she/he was duped. But if that were the case--if Baten Kaitos DS had really been shown on Namco's site all along, as Nibelung Valesti is saying--then wouldn't there have been at least a few holdouts believing that the game would eventually be made? I don't think anyone's given BKDS a chance at existing for probably over a year now, hence all the shock at the thought that it just might be alive.
Being interested in BKDS I've been periodically checking Namco.ch website every 2-3 months.... and it has always been there, as far as I remember, with the "now printing" logo and unannounced release date. Sadly.

Top Bottom