• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Nintendo titles (Wario Land Shake, Rhythm Tengoku DS etc)

Uh, well, I wasn't even considering the possibility that creamsugar was trying to dupe us. In fact, I was essentially making a reference to my blunder :x .
Anyway, that I think about it, wasn't Baten Kaitos DS effectively removed a while ago from the listing never to come back again, apparently ?...
[edit]:
Nibelung Valesti said:
Being interested in BKDS I've been periodically checking Namco.ch website every 2-3 months.... and it has always been there, as far as I remember, with the "now printing" logo and unannounced release date. Sadly.
Oh, so it came back on the listing, only to disappear again recently ? Well, this is...pretty confusing.

Jiggy

Hmm, well--that sucks, then. ;_; Still odd that they managed to remove it so quickly after it was discovered.

Edit: Blah, the confusion is becoming difficult to follow. I suppose I'll go to sleep, go about my tomorrow, and then when I see GAF again a good 16 hours from now or so, surely things will have been set straight somehow...

neo2046 said:
Wario Land Shake
- hand draw background
- toon-shade characters
Fuck yes! Please be good.

king zell said:
Fatal Frame 4 doesn't look that hot from the scan :( is it just me
Not just you, the quality is not really good enough to see a lot but from what I can see I get a PS2 vibe in terms of the gfx.

Sadist

NEW WARIO LAND Platformer!!!??? OH MY GOD YES!!! GIMME!!!!

And why is nobody talking about Sim City Wii? Was it allready announced?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Sadist said:
NEW WARIO LAND Platformer!!!??? OH MY GOD YES!!! GIMME!!!!

And why is nobody talking about Sim City Wii? Was it allready announced?
There was a thread about it, but it wasn't confirmed 100%. It looks alright.

Stormbringer said:
Uh, well, I wasn't even considering the possibility that creamsugar was trying to dupe us. In fact, I was essentially making a reference to my blunder :x .
Anyway, that I think about it, wasn't Baten Kaitos DS effectively removed a while ago from the listing never to come back again, apparently ?...
[edit]:

Oh, so it came back on the listing, only to disappear again recently ? Well, this is...pretty confusing.
Hmm, if this is true BKDS might still be in work, then... I suspect this "add-remove-add again-remove again" behavior from Namco...

Datschge

Baten Kaitos DS (testative) was first mentioned in late 2004 and according to archive.org disappeared in December 2005. It can't have reappeared for longer than 6 months (the delay before archive.org makes historic pages browseable) and google cache (which is usually a couple days late) doesn't show the entry either. No idea what Nibelung Valesti was seeing there.

In any case considering Namco never listed Baten Kaitos 2 the newly removal of Baten Kaitos DS may be more related to Nintendo publishing it again than anything else. The game was confirmed to at least once had been in development after all.
Believe?

Nibelung Valesti said:
Hmm, if this is true BKDS might still be in work, then... I suspect this "add-remove-add again-remove again" behavior from Namco...
So, you think there is still...hope ?... Well, let us hope that your intuition turns out right, because if ever confirmed, a DS episode of Baten Kaitos would be one of the best news of the year. I want to believe :D .

Any new info on SimCity Wii? Please translate please!

I hope they include an extensive editor and implement the Simtropolis clone that majesco utilized to share user created content in Blast Works!

Rpgmonkey

Oh wow, BKDS may exist?

That's nice to hear if it happens. I remember hearing about it years ago.

Also, I usually have little interest in Fire Emblem, but FEDS sounds intriguing to me.

Tain

I've skimmed by this thread title like 80 times today and it just now registered that we're getting RHYTHM TENGOKU DS FUCK YEAH FUCK YEAH

duckroll

titiklabingapat said:
Any new info on SimCity Wii? Please translate please!

I hope they include an extensive editor and implement the Simtropolis clone that majesco utilized to share user created content in Blast Works!

It's called Sim City Creator, and it's a new Sim City game made just for Wii. There's Free Play mode, Mission Mode, Collection (unlocked stuff from Mission mode), Memorial Album (records from Free Play mode), and City Making Contest (based on certain themes, you create a city and submit it for ranking via Wi-Fi). It looks pretty neat, the 3D is nice, and there are disasters like giant monsters, giant robots and UFO invasions.

Amir0x

Banned
Wii Wario Land Shake? Edit: I see new information has been posted. Woo!

July 31 Rhythm Tengoku Gold

COME TO THE US THIS TIME ASSHOLE

A few Sim City Wii tidbits, from the scans :

-Various buildings designs : Greece, Egypt, Futuristic, Crystal, Sweet (cake buildings :lol), Las Vegas, Jungle, Hindu, Mediterranean, Japanese Traditional,...etc
-Many wacky events to deal with : fire breathing dinosaurs, asteroids, people-abducting UFOs, giant mechas, etc
-Obviously uses the Wiimote functionalities (for example, you can directly trace roads with the pointer)
- a consequent number of play modes, as mentioned by duckroll
- the advisors are back...with a My Sims inspired design.
- they hope you look forward to see your city lighten up by the neons at night, or to fly around your city in an helicopter.
- Producer is Masahiro "Mitch" Ueno
- September release, for 6090 yen

First time I hear about the Wii installment, and it looks pretty damn cool !

psy18

Stormbringer said:
Sim City Wii tidbits, from the scans :

-Various buildings designs : Greece, Egypt, Futuristic, Crystal, Sweet (cake buildings :lol), Las Vegas, Jungle, Hindu, Mediterranean, Japanese Traditional,...etc
-Many wacky events to deal with : fire breathing dinosaurs, asteroids, UFO, giant mechas, etc
-Obviously uses the Wiimote functionalities (for example, you can directly trace roads with the pointer)
- a consequent number of play modes, as mentioned by duckroll
- the advisors are back...with a My Sims inspired design.
- they hope you look forward to see you city lighten up by the neons at night, or to fly around your city in an helicopter.

First time I hear about the Wii installment, and it looks pretty damn cool !

If they can make the game's frame rate smooth with details like in that screen, SOLD!

Still no screens of Wario Land?

I remember very well the old one for the GameBoy:

WarioLand2.png

Haunted

WARIO LAND WII

SIM CITY WII

WHAT IS GOING ON? E3 STARTED EARLY THIS YEAR? OMG I'M TYPING IN CAPS!

I'm very excited right now.

Haunted One said:
WARIO LAND WII

SIM CITY WII

WHAT IS GOING ON? E3 STARTED EARLY THIS YEAR? OMG I'M TYPING IN CAPS!

I'm very excited right now.

Wario Land Wii as platformer was really unexpected. Cannot wait to see some pics. A 2.5D would be awesome.

Haunted

Sim City Wii looks really good from those scans. And I mean, really good.

Also, Stormbringer needs to be punished for getting my hopes up for a Baten Kaitos DS game.
emot-argh.gif

Also also, watching vids from Rhythm Tengoku GBA, it looks like WarioWare meets rhythm game? They should bring that over here. Or make an US version like Ouendan/EBA or something.

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Wario Land Wii as platformer was really unexpected. Cannot wait to see some pics. A 2.5D would be awesome.
That would indeed be amazing. With the shake moniker, I could imagine something similar to Jungle Beat or Lost Winds. (Did you play Lost Winds yet? I believe you would enjoy it. Very short, but only 10€)

jj984jj

BrodiemanTTR said:
So if we have details on Wario Land's graphical style, why don't we have scans/screens? 2ch strikes again?
There are none yet, and since it's not in a magazine whatever surfaces should hopefully just get posted here.

Haunted One said:
Also also, watching vids from Rhythm Tengoku GBA, it looks like WarioWare meets rhythm game? They should bring that over here. Or make an US version like Ouendan/EBA or something.
The GBA game was very import friendly, so theres no need to pray for NoA/NoEs kindness. :I

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
Rythm Tengoku DS? I hope it's a new game, not a port.

Can't get excited about Wario... too much disappointments over the years.

Was there a Nintendo retailer meeting or something? I really don't understand announcements 2 months prior to release, but hey, at least they are interesting games, no English Training 3 and such.

A few things I'd like to note:
- They aren't putting up anything on the DQV week
- Zero isn't getting 1st party pricing but rather usual 3rd party pricing
- No hardware news on any Nintendo front?
- This one is weird, Rhythm Tengoku Gold is cheaper than the other DS games...
- Sigma Harmonics vs Inazuma Eleven

Summer is looking very crowded already, there will be many victims as usual...we seriously need some action in the charts, May is boring.

Haunted One said:
Also, Stormbringer needs to be punished for getting my hopes up for a Baten Kaitos DS game.
emot-argh.gif
Sorry man, not the one who posted this rumour originally. I kinda sorta possibly believe it's true, though.
That would indeed be amazing. With the shake moniker, I could imagine something similar to Jungle Beat or Lost Winds. (Did you play Lost Winds yet? I believe you would enjoy it. Very short, but only 10€)
I have yet to play Jungle Beat (so sorry for this...), but I approve of a LostWinds reference. If this new Wario plateformer exists and uses the Wiimote as smartly as this game while playing and looking like a classic Wario game... :D .
Oh, and please don't be developed by a crappy team !

Tom_Cody

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
- This one is weird, Rhythm Tengoku Gold is cheaper than the other DS games...

I think the first one was discounted as well.

I would attribute it to the game's visual style. It would be difficult for a newcomer to recognize it as a top shelf Nintendo game from screen shots.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Wario Land? Hopefully it's Intelligent Systems in charge.

That would be a first. Intelligent Systems has never developed a Wario Land.

Int Sys has at least three teams.

2005: Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Advance Wars: Dual Strike, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, Dr. Mario & Puzzle League
2006: Rhythm Tengoku
2007: Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Super Paper Mario, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Planet Puzzle League, Kousoku Card Battle: Card Hero
2008: Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, Fire Emblem Remake, Rhythm Tengoku Gold

Rhythm Tengoku and Wario Land have never been developed by Intelligent Systems.

Card Hero, Wario Ware, Dr. Mario & Puzzle League have Intelligent Systems guys helping in the development, but they are not the main developers of those games. Card Hero and Wario Ware come from Sakamoto not Intelligent Systems.

Good news: Vanillaware is working on a new DS game

Bad news: Alongside dimple, and the game looks like crap with feet and hands-less kiddy characters :/

jj984jj

Tom_Cody said:
I think the first one was discounted as well.

I would attribute it to the game's visual style. It would be difficult for a newcomer to recognize it as a top shelf Nintendo game from screen shots.
I thought so too and double checked, the first game was also launched at 3800yen in Japan so that price point really doesn't tell us if it's a port or not. Like I said I doubt it is.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:

Bad news: Alongside dimple, and the game looks like crap with feet and hands-less kiddy characters :/
Yeah I saw that too... :|

samratty

Awesome news.

I never played Rhythm Tengoku but always wanted to, finally I will be able too.
Also I'm intrigued about Wario Land Shake. A little skeptical, but intrigued.

Starfi, Fatal Frame and Fire Emblem are all cool additions too.

I don't know what Inazuma Eleven is but I assume it's a football game.

Teasel

DKnight said:
Rythm Tengoku DS? I hope it's a new game, not a port.
mmm... what would be the point of having a port of a game that the DS can already play?
that said i hope they don't abuse the ds touch screen/microphone

jarrod

Banned
Wario Land *Shake* Shake* ? Maybe Treasure's at it again?

Kurosaki Ichigo said:

Looks kinda like the Wonder Project J games imo.

Soul4ger

I'm happy Fire Emblem got a date. It seems like it's been forever since they announced it. I need more portable FE action.

Top Bottom