• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Nintendo titles (Wario Land Shake, Rhythm Tengoku DS etc)

TreIII said:
HAH! Don't I wish...

But the sad thing is, for that to even have a CHANCE of happening, Treasure would need to actually own the license (Yuke Yuke Trouble Makers/Mischief Makers). Enix has that, if I remember correctly, and I don't think Treasure or Square Enix are interested in talking.

...That said though, nobody didn't say anything that Treasure couldn't basically make a spiritual sequel starring Wario and an evolution of the Mischief Makers engine.

Hell, the way things are sounding now, with "2D backgrounds" and "cel-shaded characters"? (Not entirely unlike what MM did back on the 64?) That's actually starting to sound half-way FEASIBLE! And I could easily imagine Wario using Marina's abilities to be even more of a bastard to people than usual! :lol
goddamn you may be on to something

wario would be perfect for the shake shake gameplay since he's always been portraied as retartedly strong

jarrod

Banned
Actually, I always sort of felt like Wario World was something of a 3D successor to Mischief Makers (only not as good). Seeing Treasure going full tilt on a 2D game would be amazing though...

Jaruru

Stormbringer said:
More DS dates listing :

DS Nanashi no Game 7/3
DS Dragon Quest V 7/17
DS Knights in the Nightmare 7/17
DS Metal Slug 7 7/17
DS Twilight Syndrome 7/24
DS Steal Princess 7/31
DS New International Track and Field 7/24

http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/soutahouse/
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/index.html

Jesus, the summer looks fucking packed for the DS in Japan...

What's happening in July???
I've more faith now for E3. Nintendo is going strong. it's gonna explode~~~

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Stormbringer said:
More DS dates listing :

DS Nanashi no Game 7/3
DS Dragon Quest V 7/17
DS Knights in the Nightmare 7/17
DS Metal Slug 7 7/17
DS Twilight Syndrome 7/24
DS Steal Princess 7/31
DS New International Track and Field 7/24

http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/soutahouse/
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/index.html

Jesus, the summer looks fucking packed for the DS in Japan...
Aside from NIT&F, I'm sure I've seen those all before. But yeah, the DS has a packed summer in Japan. It ain't too shabby here in NA either.

jarrod said:
Actually, I always sort of felt like Wario World was something of a 3D successor to Mischief Makers (only not as good). Seeing Treasure going full tilt on a 2D game would be amazing though...

I thought that the developer of this game was Intelligent Systems...

Akai

TreIII said:
I just made that basic concept up in my mind in over the course of like 35 seconds, and I'm already salivating over it. :lol

Augh, and I thought I could keep my expectations low for this one... =(

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
I thought that the developer of this game was Intelligent Systems...

Developer is unknown at the moment.

jj984jj said:
Aside from NIT&F, I'm sure I've seen those all before. But yeah, the DS has a packed summer in Japan. It ain't too shabby here in NA either.
Really ? Well besides DQV these are all new to me (and to a number of people apparently), and I tried, at least, to make sure none of them were already posted in this very thread... But admittedly, I'm not exactly riding the DS wave right now, so I was bound to be left behind somehow. Hell, I've very little idea what the current DS line-up is in the West, so I'm forced to believe you when you say that it's not too bad either. :lol

Fantastical

Death Prophet
d+pad said:
Me too. I played so much of the GC version it was crazy...
I only played the DS game and I want the Wii version so badly. Hopefully they add a whole bunch and better implemented online stuff. MMO would be very welcomed. :)

VAIL said:
Fatal frame is looking good.
I do think it looks good as well. It definitely does have a Fragile look. The character model could use some work though. I'm hoping it looks better in videos though; I can never really tell in scans.

mollipen

psy18 said:
So... is this a remake or totally new game?

From the way the website announcement is worded, sounds like a new game to me.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Fucking hell the DS is quickly becoming the best handheld system ever.

One might argue that you could take the "handheld" out of your statement and it would still be correct. To me, the DS is kind of the new NES.

TreIII

..pakbeka.. said:
goddamn you may be on to something

wario would be perfect for the shake shake gameplay since he's always been portraied as retartedly strong

That's what I was believing, as well. And let's face it, if Marina could pound an-overized Super Robot into the dirt, I believe Wario could easily do likewise, especially if there was loot to be had. :lol

Only thing that would be lacking for the whole "Wario-na Liteyears" style of play, would be that Wario would need a means to hover/air-dash again. If it would mean bringing back those interesting hats he had back in WL1, so be it, I say. :lol

jarrod said:

Indeed. I dunno what happened there with Wario World, but it just seemed like they were on something, but then development time ran out, and they had to go with what they had.

That said, if I am indeed onto something, and this is basically "Mischief Makers" revived, I will definitely SO BE THERE.

Such a game like what I envision would be definitely be on track to having a case where a Wario game may stand to please me more than even a recent Mario release... :D

ivysaur12

Banned
I fell asleep reading GAF and had a dream there were BK DS pics.

ANYWAYS...

SimCity Wii looks FANTASTIC. As does Fatal Frame.

This what happens when I go to bed early! New Wario and Rhythm Tengokus are announced!

I'm going to bed early every night now. You guys can thank me later.

Vinci

Danish
PepsimanVsJoe said:
Fucking hell the DS is the best system ever.

Fixed, for closer to accuracy. PS2 might still top it, but the DS seriously pounds the hell out of most any other system I can think of.

Teasel

shidoshi said:
From the way the website announcement is worded, sounds like a new game to me.

One might argue that you could take the "handheld" out of your statement and it would still be correct. To me, the DS is kind of the new NES.
you forgot an S

HUELEN10

So, any art for Tengoku DS yet?

fu28vb.jpg

Besides that I mean...

AniHawk said:
Considering the last good entry to the franchise (meaning, "Wario Land/Thief/World/Ware") was released seven years ago, I'm gonna be cautiously optimistic. Hopefully it's Intelligent Systems in charge.

If I'm not mistaken, there hasn't been a true Wario Land since the fourth one (which is really Super Mario Land 4). If this news is true, and Wario Land is seeing a revival on Wii, I couldn't be any happier, but I'm weary what direction their going to take on Wii. Super Mario Land/Wario Land is a portable franchise. WiiWare, perhaps?

Vinci

Danish
TheGrayGhost said:
If I'm not mistaken, there hasn't been a true Wario Land since the fourth one (which is really Super Mario Land 4). If this news true, and Wario Land is seeing a revival on Wii, I couldn't any happier, but I'm weary what direction their going to take on Wii. Super Mario Land/Wario Land is a portable franchise. WiiWare, perhaps?

The price is too high.

Capndrake

TheGrayGhost said:
If I'm not mistaken, there hasn't been a true Wario Land since the fourth one (which is really Super Mario Land 4).
What? If anything, Wario Land 4 is Super Mario Land 6, 7 if you count Virtual Boy Wario Land.

Capndrake said:
What? If anything, Wario Land 4 is Super Mario Land 6, 7 if you count Virtual Boy Wario Land.

I always forgot about the Virtual Boy one. I haven't played it... yet.

Anyway, don't judge the quality of the series by analyzing the terrible off-shots (Master of Disguise, etc.). The Super Mario Land/Wario Land games are truly memorable platformers that, in my opinion, go toe-to-toe with canon Super Mario. And that's tough for me to say that of any game, let alone platformers. I weary about the Shake part of the title, but maybe it's a Japanese thing.

TreIII

TheGrayGhost said:
I always forgot about the Virtual Boy one. I haven't played it... yet.

Anyway, don't judge the quality of the series by analyzing the terrible off-shots (Master of Disguise, etc.). The Super Mario Land/Wario Land games are truly memorable platformers that, in my opinion, go toe-to-toe with canon Super Mario. And that's tough for me to say that of any game, let alone platformers.

Agreed on this. When Wario is in the right hands, and with a solid direction, he's awesome. Even the Virtual Boy game was pretty darn good, and was probably more mired by that it was on the Virtual Boy than anything else.

I weary about the Shake part of the title, but maybe it's a Japanese thing.

If I'm right on my hypothesis (see above), then maybe it could mean a lot more...especially if Treasure is involved, and at the top of their game.

jarrod

Banned
Capndrake said:
Series list!

Super Mario Land (GB) 1989 Nintendo RD1
Super Mario Land 2: the Six Golden Coins (GB) 1992 Nintendo RD1
Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 (GB) 1994 Nintendo RD1
Wario Land (VB) 1995 Nintendo RD1
Wario Land II (GB/GBC) 1998 Nintendo RD1
Wario Land 3 (GBC) 2000 Nintendo RD1
Wario Land 4 (GBA) 2001 Nintendo RD1

...and Wario spinoffs...

WarioWare, Inc. : Mega Microgame$ (GBA) 2003 Nintendo RD1
WarioWare, Inc. : Mega Party Game$ (GBA) 2003 Nintendo RD1/Intelligent Systems
WarioWare TWISTED (GBA) 2004 Nintendo RD1/Intelligent Systems
WarioWare TOUCHED! (DS) 2004 Nintendo RD1/Intelligent Systems
WarioWare: Smooth Moves (Wii) 2006 Nintendo RD1/Intelligent Systems

Wario World (GC) 2003 Treasure
Wario: Master of Disguise (DS) 2007 Suzak

Wario & Mario (SNES) 1993 Game Freak
Wario Blast! featuring Bomberman (GB) 1994 Hudson
Wario's Woods (NES/Wii) 1994/2006 Nintendo RD1

AniHawk said:
Wario LAND is the best series in the franchise. This fact is supported by the fact that Wario World is mediocre, the Wario Ware series is shit, and Wario Thief is somehow even worse.

It depends which WarioWare you're talking about beceause 'round here, WarioWare is a legendary party-game.

Perdew

shake shake shake

After reading this thread, I don't see how Wario Land Shake could NOT be Treasure. I hate it when they use licenses, though. Who knows though, maybe they have Yasushi Suzuki hired as the art director for this one :lol

HUELEN10

TheGrayGhost said:
It depends which WarioWare you're talking about beceause 'round here, WarioWare is a legendary party-game.
Well, I personally think Touched! is crap. The original was great, the GCN one was fun, the Wii one was average, but Twisted was simply legendary in my book.

TreIII

Perdew said:
shake shake shake

After reading this thread, I don't see how Wario Land Shake could NOT be Treasure. I hate it when they use licenses, though. Who knows though, maybe they have Yasushi Suzuki hired as the art director for this one :lol

:D

While I understand your point, and support it, in the end, the overall truth is that a good Treasure game is a good Treasure game, no matter if it uses a license or not.

Frankly, the fact that their licensed wares can even exceed what others are capable of, just does more to showcase just how talented the dev is.

I mean, think about it. Their YuYu Hakusho game on the MegaDrive/Genesis (which was the first iteration of the "Guardian Heroes" battle engine) is STILL arguably one of the best YYH games to ever come out, even in spite of newer games that came out from Banpresto and etc. Their Astro Boy GBA title put the PS2 one that Sega/Sonic Team made themselves to shame, as well as their Bleach games easily outshining anything else any other dev has done with that property.

If Treasure is on their game, they can easily bring the Wario 2D platformer back into style again, for the first time in a good while.

Release title this summer's main target is children Sono Susumu title is head of 7 / 24 Wii "WARIORANDOSHEIKU"
久しぶりに、見て、触って、楽しいド派手なアクションゲームでした。 A long time, look, feel and flashy action-fun game.
リモコンをシェイクしたり傾けたりすると何かが起きるんです。 Sheikh and listen to the remote control or something happens to me.
そしてワリオらしい動き、土管への入り方は思わずニヤリとしてしまいました。 And WARIORASHII movement, who entered the clay pipe to be amazed and grinning.

Uh, yeah.

JSnake

Father_Brain said:
Release title this summer's main target is children Sono Susumu title is head of 7 / 24 Wii "WARIORANDOSHEIKU"
久しぶりに、見て、触って、楽しいド派手なアクションゲームでした。 A long time, look, feel and flashy action-fun game.
リモコンをシェイクしたり傾けたりすると何かが起きるんです。 Sheikh and listen to the remote control or something happens to me.
そしてワリオらしい動き、土管への入り方は思わずニヤリとしてしまいました。 And WARIORASHII movement, who entered the clay pipe to be amazed and grinning.

Uh, yeah.

gotf

Exempted

Banned
Father_Brain said:

Uh, yeah.
Babelfish version:

As for the head title 7/24Wii “[wariorandoshieiku]”
After a long time, seeing, touching, it was the pleasant [do] lively action game.
It shakes remote control and/or it can tilt something occurs it is.
And method of entering to the movement and the earth tube which [wario] seem made [niyari] unintentionally.

HUELEN10

Exempted said:
Babelfish version:

After a long time, seeing, touching, it was the pleasant [do] lively action game.
And method of entering to the movement and the earth tube which [wario] seem made [niyari] unintentionally.
Hey, as long as it isn't a Wario filled "Yoshi's Universal Gravitation", we will be fine.

[Nintex]

Exempted said:
Babelfish version:

Sounds like an erotic Pachinko game, I'll take it.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Exempted said:
Count me in! :lol

TreIII

Exempted said:
Babelfish version:

Interesting... ^_^

Now if only if there were some screens to be had....

I've only played up to Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3, but I'm planning to continue the series. I've read that the later Wario Land games are more comparable to Metroid than to Super Mario. Is that true?

Top Bottom