• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokémon Sun & Moon trailer & anti-reading, no lore fun committee (September 6th)

Jamie OD

UB-02 leaked

latest

You sure that's not Mimikyu's evolution when it solves its identity crisis?

Wiz

Maybe Type: Null is also a Ultra Beast.

From the way it was shown/described, I don't think Ultra Beasts are Pokemon? They have their own section on the website as well, instead of being listed with the other pokemon

There are so many wtf things in this trailer, but don't get me wrong.. I'm excited.

92S5Wk1.jpg

There's a haircut shop. Right next to clothing.

This is my favorite new thing in the trailer, and from the games. I was to see more like this.

I do want to note that I wish more of the new Pokemon and trainers fit this visual 'style'. Some do, but I'm surprised there isn't more of an islandy visual theme.

That Raticate design is so bad, I want to pinch it's puffy little fat cheeks.

Really interested in what the fuck Type: Null and the UBs are. I thought at first Type: Null was literally a new type they were coming up with.

I think I will do a total black out from this game now since I now already too much (already 45 new Pokemons were revealed)

but it's haaaard

Interestingly enough, Type: Null is seen using Tri Attack in the english trailer, which is a move that R/B Normal Form MissingNo. can learn through TM.

I don't actually think that's going to be a thing, but it's just an observation.

The design also looks like a mix of four different creatures. And its named literally means Nothing....like Missing Number. Who had a lot of attributes from different pokemon depending on some factors.

I wonder if youre on to something and this pokemon is vaguely inspired by MissingNo.

Wtf is that name, though. Type: Null. Are they high? Just call it Null.

Really guys, are some of you this dense? I don't want to be insulting but lol.

No, of course it won't be night 100% of the time. The time of the day for set events is going to be 12h apart, that's it.

There's footage of Pokemon Moon during the day (and Sun at night) in the JP trailer.

Blame the advertiser not the advertisee. They did a piss poor job of explaining.

RomanceDawn

The new Raticate design is so good! It brings to mind every hamster I've ever seen in my life.

I hope it's resistance to both ghost and psychic gives it some cool utility in the future.

javadoze

Pokemon Snap is a minigame?

...So what you're saying is that Sun/Moon will be the best Pokemon game of all time then?

Though I'm guessing it'll suffer from a lack of postgame content similar to XY and ORAS...

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Type: Null (interesting name...) is giving me horrible flashbacks.

It's like a mishmash of all the most terrible Gen V designs and muted colors put into one atrocity.

For a second I thought it had Samurott's tail, lol.

Pretty unhappy with the weird decision to make Moon players have their time shifted by 12 hours. I don't really get it, and I like for my game time to reflect the real time.

Whatever, maybe it'll return to normal after the main campaign.

This game looks amazing.

Um. Moon is only at night time?

The general consensus is that main plot points will happen during the evening hours but the game will still utilize real time functionality. Each game will be set 12 hours apart so, from the sound of it, Moon will be the inverse of what it is in real-time.

Kyzer

Banned
Pretty unhappy with the weird decision to make Moon players have their time shifted by 12 hours. I don't really get it, and I like for my game time to reflect the real time.

Nope... Just accept it now or be disappointed later. lol

Its actually useful to me since I wish it was daytime more while im playing at night. Also, our decision to buy one version or the other before we actually know the differences is kind of on us as super fans. Maybe just go with Sun version.

L95

If it bothers you that much just adjust your 3DS clock.

Nope... Just accept it now or be disappointed later. lol

Why? Why should I believe GF would make this game unplayable in post game without changing my clock? I mean I don't know for sure it'll be unplayable but this decision is just kinda fuckin dumb.

If it bothers you that much just adjust your 3DS clock.

The only problem is that Pokemon isn't the only game that uses the clock that I play. So this means I'll be adjusting it all the time.

Fantastic :)

it's called Pokemon Moon

the moon comes out at night

the game takes place during the night

Kyzer

Banned
Why? Why should I believe GF would make this game unplayable in post game without changing my clock? I mean I don't know for sure it'll be unplayable but this decision is just kinda fuckin dumb.

Its not unplayable by any means, it being night time doesnt make the game objectively worse, thats your own preference, and us choosing to have to buy Moon no matter isn't really that important for them to be worried about or a justifiable reason to be mad at GF. I can understand not liking it but, just switch to Sun version if it matters that much to you? GF did nothing wrong

it's called Pokemon Moon

the moon comes out at night

the game takes place during the night

okay well

there was a game called Pokemon black

Black is very often associated with night

Yet it wasn't always nighttime in that game

What if I told you games didn't have to take place at night if moon is in the title

Wow? This is a bad idea and is really stupid frankly.

Its not unplayable by any means, it being night time doesnt make the game objectively worse, and us choosing to have to buy Moon no matter isn't really that important for them to be worried about or a justifiable reason to be mad at GF. I can understand not liking it but, just switch to Sun version? GF did nothing wrong.

It's super fuckin odd that nobody thinks this is a big deal.

Oh so I just have to switch versions oh okay. I know that's not a terribly big deal, but I had plans with my SO for one of us to play Sun and the other to play Moon so I can't just switch.

I don't understand how this is a good idea? Or how it isn't just bad??????

Fireblend

Banned
Did you lose a bet and are now locked into Pokemon Moon for some reason? Just get Sun if it's that much of a bother. Also I play enough after 6pm that I don't mind the time shift. Moon for me.

Zero-ELEC

Banned

Why would it be unplayable? The game is night when it's day and day when it's night. It hurts you in no way shape or form.

True Fire

okay well

there was a game called Pokemon black

Black is very often associated with night

Yet it wasn't always nighttime in that game

Wow? This is a bad idea and is really stupid frankly.

It's super fuckin odd that nobody thinks this is a big deal.

Oh so I just have to switch versions oh okay. I know that's not a terribly big deal, but I had plans with my SO for one of us to play Sun and the other to play Moon so I can't just switch.

I don't understand how this is a good idea? Or how it isn't just bad?

Nighttime will probably be amazing though. Imagine the beach bonfires and stuff, it'll be similar to a festival

MuchoMalo

Banned
The general consensus is that main plot points will happen during the evening hours but the game will still utilize real time functionality. Each game will be set 12 hours apart so, from the sound of it, Moon will be the inverse of what it is in real-time.

No, it's explained very clearly on the website:

Except for a few scenes, time in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon is tied to the actual time. Pokémon Sun operates on the same time as your Nintendo 3DS system, but time in the world of Pokémon Moon is shifted by 12 hours.

Kyzer

Banned
I will be switching to Sun version most likely if Vulpix is exclusive to it...I also prefer Solgaleo. I literally am Team Moon just cuz the word/logo is cool. And I do tend to go for the "other" version. Daytime during the night is actually the biggest selling point to me at this point

I can play during night time more so I made a good choice with Moon! But at the same time I like how the game looks during day time more. I'm not sure which to go with.

Curious if all Ultra Beasts will have a human counterpart or if that will be exclusive to Lillie? Maybe all members of the Aether Foundation are Ultra Beasts. The Aether Foundation will probably be the main villians of the game. Team Skull will be more like Team Rocket, causing trouble and stealing pokemon. While the Aether Foundation seems more Team Plasma.

Top Bottom